Page 11 of 14 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by gambit998 View Post
    Sylvanus is alot stronger, wiser and more powerful than Genn or most Lore Characters. (She is old, she has been in countless battles with bigger foes and she is the BANSHEE QUEEN for crying in a sodding bucket.)
    A lot stronger, wiser and more powerful, yet she is burning through Val'kyr due to get killed left and right like there is no tomorrow.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Torais View Post
    12 year old level name-calling aside, Sylvanas could have put a dozen arrows in to Genn, dropping him there and then..And it would made absolutely no difference.

Genn is one man. Arguably broken and unstable already. Killing him would do close to nothing in the long term to the Alliance as a whole. Genn, on the other hand took the best chance the entire Forsaken race had for a future and choke-slammed it through a glass table. He may very well have single-handedly doomed the Forsaken to a fate of slow extinction which would be a pretty just and fitting revenge for the shit they pulled on Gilneas in the first place. That, I believe, was the point of the cut-scene.

On another note, I find the whole "Genn got hurt and turned back to human" thing rather odd as it has no basis in the lore. "Stable" worgen do not turn back to human form when you injure or kill them and wild Worgen certainly do not either. Not really sure what the point of it in the cut scene as it didn't really add anything to the message nor make any real sense.
    One of the few posts that are on point.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jessicka View Post
    After WoD's plot, are you really that sure?
    The story of Warlords was fine up until the redemption of Grom Hellscream, which was not properly built up. Having characters face consequences for their bad actions is the reason why Sylvanas' defeat in Stormheim is very satisfying, especially since she had it coming for a long, long time.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Hellspawn View Post
    The immortality Sylvanas would not be a crucial puzzle piece for beating the legion. She wanted to have it for selfish reasons not for the cause.
    Not to mention that if Sylvanas had failed (which she did), she would have made an enemy with a faction that could have possibly helped fighting the Legion, therefore weakening the war effort. Heck, even if she had succeeded it would have been a bad thing since she would have had basically free reigns to do anything at that point, and who is to say that she would not have used her newfound immortality to crush the Alliance at a later date? Or heck, even the other Horde races?
    Last edited by Frozen Death Knight; 2016-09-01 at 11:00 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Thelxi View Post
    Why did she let him limp away though. She just stood there job half done.
    It was pretty clear from the cinematic that she was stunned from the release of the val'kyr, staring at it in shock. Gave greymane plenty of time to get away.

On an unrelated note, I'm starting to hate the stigma that "any lore character that shows aggression towards another is doomed to die."

Jaina has survived 2 expansion even though she hates the horde more than anything, though it seems her time is coming to an end after being rejected by both king anduin and khadgar. Blizzard cant stay away from the stigma.
    Last edited by docterfreeze; 2016-09-01 at 11:14 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Frozen Death Knight View Post
    Not to mention that if Sylvanas had failed (which she did), she would have made an enemy with a faction that could have possibly helped fighting the Legion, therefore weakening the war effort.
    But now she failed because of Genn, so those Val'kyr have every reason to be very grateful to the Alliance.

Shit might get interesting.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lynneiah View Post
    But now she failed because of Genn, so those Val'kyr have every reason to be very grateful to the Alliance.

Shit might get interesting.
    After sneaking around killing a bunch of Priestesses in the process to find out what she was up to...

Quote Originally Posted by Eats Compost View Post
    It's kinda funny that Greymane nailed the "noble savage" thing harder than the Orcs or Horde have in a long time.
    yea.. there is nothing "noble" about what he did, it was out of selfishness. He lost many NPC/PCs of alliance to his personal/racial vendetta going after her while there is a motherfucking burning legion invasion going on! He could have been the reason we lost a pillar to God-king who was working for the legion..

On top of all this, people are overlooking Sylvanas' dialog and reasoning for her personal quest. Its not her immortality (only), she wants a way for her people to survive and continue otherwise forsaken are going to die out sooner or later. What Genn did is technically a genocide (look up definition and different forms before you argue.) against the forsaken which has become a race of its own, with proud heroes and NPCs in its rank who were involved in defending the world numerous times from 60-raggy to HFC archimonde..

Herald of the Titans Lotus Victoria's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Genn was a badass. I'm horde, but he was pretty cool in the cinematic. Keep going, big wolf!

Quote Originally Posted by faithbane View Post
    yea.. there is nothing "noble" about what he did, it was out of selfishness. He lost many NPC/PCs of alliance to his personal/racial vendetta going after her while there is a motherfucking burning legion invasion going on! He could have been the reason we lost a pillar to God-king who was working for the legion..

On top of all this, people are overlooking Sylvanas' dialog and reasoning for her personal quest. Its not her immortality (only), she wants a way for her people to survive and continue otherwise forsaken are going to die out sooner or later. What Genn did is technically a genocide (look up definition and different forms before you argue.) against the forsaken which has become a race of its own, with proud heroes and NPCs in its rank who were involved in defending the world numerous times from 60-raggy to HFC archimonde..
    Maybe if Sylvanas didn't want a horde of angry Worgen hounding her, maybe she shouldn't have infected half a country's worth with the curse, then driven them out of their homeland? Just a thought.

Quote Originally Posted by Lynneiah View Post
    Maybe if Sylvanas didn't want a horde of angry Worgen hounding her, maybe she shouldn't have infected half a country's worth with the curse, then driven them out of their homeland? Just a thought.
    It was going to be filthy unwashed dogs or filthy unwashed orcs hounding her. She didn't have a lot of choice.

I don't get why she didn't just pop an arrow into him as he sauntered off blindly.

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Blizz promised me a fist pump moment back in 5.4.

I consider that debt repaid.
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by AvCloudy View Post
    It was going to be filthy unwashed dogs or filthy unwashed orcs hounding her. She didn't have a lot of choice.
    She sure had enough choice to use the Blight against Gilneas despite Garrosh even telling her not to do it and it being banned by both the Horde and Alliance.

Quote Originally Posted by faithbane View Post

It was made abundant clear when this Val'kyr stuff first started happening that Sylvanas' interest in keeping the Forsaken strong is to keep herself alive, thus the "bulwark against the infinite". She knows what's going to happen to her after death, which is why she's so focused on making herself immortal and ensuring that the Forsaken don't die out. They're her shield.

Also, you can't really apply conventional genocide logic here. The Forsaken aren't an endangered species, and by all accounts, bring Forsaken sucks more than being alive. Trying to expand the Forsaken population doesn't really serve a good purpose outside of bolstering their military might, and a whole bunch of 'em have spent a lot of time stressing how much it sucks to be Forsaken and how much they hate figures like Arthas for doing it to them.

We have every indication that when Sylvanas suggests that she cares about the Forsaken, she's not actually telling us the truth.

Quote Originally Posted by AvCloudy View Post
    Orcs are notorious pushovers, though. Looks like she chose poorly.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by GennGreymane View Post
    Who else enjoyed seeing, yours truly, absolutely destroy Sylvanas and her goals?
    Saw that and went oh sht. Considering now we know her end game and it makes sense why she abandon Varian.

--- Want any of my Constitutional rights?, ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
    I come from a time and a place where I judge people by the content of their character; I don't give a damn if you are tall or short; gay or straight; Jew or Gentile; White, Black, Brown or Green; Conservative or Liberal. -- Note to mods: if you are going to infract me have the decency to post the reason, and expect to hold everyone else to the same standard.

Field Marshal
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by FelPlague View Post
    god it was so good, i noticed right away "WAIT WHERE DID IT GO.... OHHHHH SHIT SYLV YOU GOT FUCKED BITCH!" was so awesome :P

and im happy, genn won, he could have gone back to kill her, but he knew he just owned her, he knew he won, he stopped her plan, and he walked off like a BOSS
    He had an arrow to his chest. I'm sure he'd beat her if he had get back in there to fight. He was hurt and Sylvannas would have finished him, right there.
    He did the right thing, got hurt, but destroyed her plans.

Sylvanas could kill him if she wanted, would like to know why she didnot

Quote Originally Posted by Seranthor View Post
    Saw that and went oh sht. Considering now we know her end game and it makes sense why she abandon Varian.
    It';s like you never watched both videos.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by AleDangerous View Post
    He had an arrow to his chest. I'm sure he'd beat her if he had get back in there to fight.
    He did absolutely nothing to her when he attacked her, then once again he scurried away just like when he let the leader of the Alliance and King of Stormwind die without so much as a peep.

He's a moronic coward blinded by vengeance and it's all because he can't come face to face with the reality that his utter incompetence is what gets everyone around him killed. He needs to take a look in the mirror, if he lives long enough with that infected arrow in him to slink back to one.
    There is a cult of ignorance in the United States, and there always has been. The strain of anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that “my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge." - Isaac Asimov

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Slowpoke is a Gamer View Post
    Blizz promised me a fist pump moment back in 5.4.

I consider that debt repaid.
    /fist pump