Page 1 of 4
... LastLast
    Deleted

Sewers... WHAT THE....

To start this of with, i love legion, best thing ever to happen to wow, but this is... wow.

Sewers:
    Respawn timer - up to 2 mins - in a heavy pvp zone, with huge amount of players, elite mobs that oneshots you and much more.
    With that said - When a elite mob spawn, you hit it - ofcourse, to get the loot it drops, but there will be 7000 other players doing aoe, and u cannot survive, at this point you've been dead 700 times, so you got 2 mins respawn time, and it's dead before you revive - no loot.
    This makes the only way to do it proper to go with a raid group, which ruins the fun of FFA pvp.

Not to mention that some of the bosses has huge aoe abilities with some graphics, not even wild that makes the place so laggy it's unbeliveable.

I got lots more of theese kind of "What the hell..." but i'll leave it with that .. to me it seems like sewers wasn't tested at all. Nothing makes sense, i cannot see how they really though that theese methods was good ideas.

Don't get me wrong, the idea of the sewers is good, but the method and execution is just.. WOW really? You can't be that dumb.

I actually found it hilarious and fun, don't get so upset about dying and return to the sewers once the zerg has died down.

It's just this expansion's try to get PvE players to do PvP. Every expansion has one. It'll die down quickly.

If its something you don't like, don't go there.

10+ Year Old Account
    Thought the named mobs only show up when the guards are on duty

And cant attack other players when guards are on duty

You can also hire a personal guard to keep players from attacking.
    Omians- 70 Troll Enhancement shaman, Emerald Dream

Deleted
    you can pay 5g to have a bodyguard for 5mins that makes you unattackable by players.

though the lag down there is insane on stormscale :\ also yesterday one of the bosses took around 15mins to kill because of the sheer amount of health it had was an interesting and very long fight, and it dropped a total of 172 sightless eyes, wasn't worth the 15mins!

the amount of people down there at the moment basically makes it impossible to pvp properly, as soon as the pvp enables, its an aoe fest, i dont think anyone really wins.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by peggleftw View Post
    you can pay 5g to have a bodyguard for 5mins that makes you unattackable by players.

though the lag down there is insane on stormscale :\ also yesterday one of the bosses took around 15mins to kill because of the sheer amount of health it had was an interesting and very long fight, and it dropped a total of 172 sightless eyes, wasn't worth the 15mins!

the amount of people down there at the moment basically makes it impossible to pvp properly, as soon as the pvp enables, its an aoe fest, i dont think anyone really wins.
    Meanwhile while all the pve guys are attacking the rare mob I just barrage them and aoe them and get like 1000+ eyes GG

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by lanana View Post
    Meanwhile while all the pve guys are attacking the rare mob I just barrage them and aoe them and get like 1000+ eyes GG
    i just throw my caltrops, and a dragonsfire grendade into the crowd then run to safety :P

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Omians View Post

The named mobs have so much HP they usually last through a "guard break."

Also, the hiring a guard thing doesn't work. Every time I've tried to use that feature, as soon as I get about 10 steps from the platform where you hire, the guard disappears. I've tried it on multiple characters, I think its bugged.

Or the guards are conning you out of 5 gold.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Omians View Post

This^ Problem Solved. Next time look into something before complaining about it...

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Oneirophobia View Post

Also, the hiring a guard thing doesn't work. Every time I've tried to use that feature, as soon as I get about 10 steps from the platform where you hire, the guard disappears. I've tried it on multiple characters, I think its bugged.

strange, never had that issue my self :P though the buff has no timer displayed, but only lasts a few mins, so its easy to miss when it the buff drops off :|

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Oneirophobia View Post

I've had the same issue where i've literally JUST THAT SECOND gone and got myself a guard and instantly lost it...... spent at least 50g on guards today

my only complaint so far would be that if you take part in a boss kill, the loot/body isnt round very long :-/ couple times i've lost coins cos i couldnt loot for the sheer number of people on a body or running back from rezzing took too long, other than that i find the chaos rather fun :P

10+ Year Old Account
    just tag it, die, wait at your corpse. res when its dead, loot, then run the fuck away!
    ___________( •̪●) --(FOR THE ALLIANCE!)
    ░░░░░░███████ ]▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▃
    ▂▄▅█████████▅▄▃▂
    I███████████████████].
    ◥⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙◤...

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Huntaer View Post
    just tag it, die, wait at your corpse. res when its dead, loot, then run the fuck away!
    sometimes its hard to loot because of the 80 people stood ontop of the corpse, at least thats the issue ive been having with looting the enemies.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by peggleftw View Post
    sometimes its hard to loot because of the 80 people stood ontop of the corpse, at least thats the issue ive been having with looting the enemies.
    meh ok.
    My problem is that my guard tends to abandon me and i don't know why :/
    ___________( •̪●) --(FOR THE ALLIANCE!)
    ░░░░░░███████ ]▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▃
    ▂▄▅█████████▅▄▃▂
    I███████████████████].
    ◥⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙◤...

I've read up on this a bit, this sounds like appalling stupid design. Blizzard needs to pull its head out of its collective development ass and realize that PvE players do not want to be forced to do PvP EVER!

I say this as a player whose primary interest is PvP. My main is on a PvE realm as are most of my alt toons, because just like most players I like to spend most of my time in the world not being bothered by individuals or groups that want to gank me again and again. That said, most of the toons I played actively in WoD were almost all Alliance on PvP realms like Illidan, Tich, Darkspear, and ED. I mention Illidan pointedly because it is 94% Horde or thereabouts. ED has some lame-ass bag of dicks called Warsong Battalion or Spartans or whatever they changed it to now, they're actually Horde but have lots of spies on alliance side ED - I joined their guild just to verify what they did for myself at one point. So don't think its an even split because it isn't. Tich is Horde heavy. Darkspear is the one PvP realm I play that is basically Alliance heavy. Long story short, I am not a carebear and I know what it is to play those realms.

And from what I am hearing the Dalaran sewer is just the same old forced PvP garbage as usual. I honestly cannot believe that at this late date Blizzard hasn't actually given up this forced PvP thing and instead actively attempted to create disincentives to lowbie and other types of annoying ganking behavior. It boggles the mind, truly.

For those that wish to PvP there's this thing called PvP realms and all kinds of instanced and rated PvP play besides. I am still waiting for the great justification for forcing PvE players to PvP when all they want to do is quest and craft.

And that's where Blizzard decided to place a PvP Free for All arena?

Makes sense...

Quote Originally Posted by Louisa Bannon View Post
    I've read up on this a bit, this sounds like appalling stupid design. Blizzard needs to pull its head out of its collective development ass and realize that PvE players do not want to be forced to do PvP EVER!
    Clarify for me what exactly they have done to "force" you to PvP?

10+ Year Old Account
    Guards hired bug out, they don't last 5 mins most of the time.....class and profession quests are down there which is BS having to pvp for simple class quest or professions quest....you have to fish down there....5 min bodyguard is useless...your not catching much in 5 mins down there....they need to have it where every other hour its a FFA and rest of time its PVE or non FFA going on....blizzard is forcing PVE players into PVP against their will. As for those that say well you had too PVP for the cloak...yes you did...but you knew ahead of time and you could plan out doing a BG but to be thrown right into middle of a FFA its BS.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Banquetto View Post
    Clarify for me what exactly they have done to "force" you to PvP?
    Some Class and Profession quests have to be done down there....there is a forge down there for BS ...a special forge area....Fishing for a certain fish too open up Fishing later on is down there....for the Fishing Artifact....and yes as I stated back in MoP we had to pvp for the cloak but we knew ahead of time and could plan for it...you can't plan for jack down there when so called protection guard you hire bugs out in 10 secs and not last the 5 mins its suppose too...and you try fishing up a special fish in 5 mins....you know that's not going to happen in 5 min time frame for most players.

10+ Year Old Account
    I love it lol

Quote Originally Posted by MouseD View Post
    Guards hired bug out, they don't last 5 mins most of the time.....class and profession quests are down there which is BS having to pvp for simple class quest or professions quest....you have to fish down there....5 min bodyguard is useless...your not catching much in 5 mins down there....they need to have it where every other hour its a FFA and rest of time its PVE or non FFA going on....blizzard is forcing PVE players into PVP against their will. As for those that say well you had too PVP for the cloak...yes you did...but you knew ahead of time and you could plan out doing a BG but to be thrown right into middle of a FFA its BS.

- - - Updated - - -

Some Class and Profession quests have to be done down there....there is a forge down there for BS ...a special forge area....Fishing for a certain fish too open up Fishing later on is down there....for the Fishing Artifact....and yes as I stated back in MoP we had to pvp for the cloak but we knew ahead of time and could plan for it...you can't plan for jack down there when so called protection guard you hire bugs out in 10 secs and not last the 5 mins its suppose too...and you try fishing up a special fish in 5 mins....you know that's not going to happen in 5 min time frame for most players.
    I did not have to kill anyone for the profession quests. Annoying? Sure -- but that was because of the quest design sucked. Guards can't be there for one quest but have to be there for another part.

Putting people in a position to PvP is wholly different than forcing them to do PvP such as MoP cloak quests -- which, in my opinion, got a lot of people to realize they weren't the badasses they thought they were. If you'll recall you were required to win BG's for those -- you couldn't simply memorize a dance.

Then again, I have no problem ass fucking someone who wants to PvP me. Do you even lift, bro?