Healing 110's way harder?

I am currently 105 and just queued for all 4 of the class campaign missions. 2 of the runs I had tanks similar to my level and 2 of them had 110 tanks. I found it significantly harder to heal the 110's and just wanted to know if anyone else noticed this or maybe the 110's were just worse tanks?

10+ Year Old Account
    Prob iffy scaling tbh.

yes. normal mode dungeons are MUCH easier at 100.

For comparison, an absolutely terrible lvl 106 DK was doing 250k+ dps in one of my first 110s, where as my buddy, a pretty decent DK was doing 180k or so.

As a tank, I was able to pull most trash corridors and aoe them all down at 100-105. At about 108 I started to get hammered pretty badly.

another comparison is invasions - my GF logged a level 10 hunter, yes, level 10, and was doing 100k single target dps to the demon invasion mobs. I on my decent geared hunter at the time was doing 80k.

Scaling favours lower levels 100%.

From what I have read recently, hitting 110 makes everything significantly more difficult than the previous levels did, in terms of scaling. I believe the goal at 110 is to improve one'side gear enough to make it easier again. That does little to help a new 110 though, who now has a harder time doing what is necessary to obtain that gear, though, lol.

10+ Year Old Account
    They changed how healing tanks work, theyre more dependent on healers now - which is why i stopped tanking

Try it on another healer. There are so many movement mechanics that the dungeons appear catered to r. druids.
    Eye of Ashara's last boss and the first boss in Halls of Valor...wow

Pit Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    I gotta say, the normal dungeons at 110 seem harder than heroics lol. Maybe its the 10 ilvl difference coupled with the LFG party bonus though :P

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hypasonic View Post
    I gotta say, the normal dungeons at 110 seem harder than heroics lol. Maybe its the 10 ilvl difference coupled with the LFG party bonus though :P
    After doing my 1st heroics yesterday I was like..."why the fuck is this easier than normal?". But it probably is because of gear and ppl, mostly, know what to do. Only struggle I had were encounters where DDs were supposed to kill adds that dealt insane damage. (Looking at you, stupid Snekboss in Eye of Azshara)
    "Multiple exclamation marks," he went on, shaking his head, "are a sure sign of a diseased mind."

* * --(Terry Pratchett, Eric)

Healing 110's way harder?

Definitely also a scaling issue. I had a level 100 monk tank in Halls of Valor, and she almost never took any serious damage, even while doing the large trash packs. Lifebloom + 2 x rejuv was enough for everything.

Don't get me started on the MASSIVE amount of melee dps characters though. Thank you blizzard for supplying us with yet another ultra-popular melee dps spec...

7+ Year Old Account
    Was a scaling issue I ran into back in beta. Low level healer with a capped tank. Incoming damage scaled to the tank's 110 HP, which in turn was a rather large amount for the healer to manage at their own level. Healing is most definitely front and centre this expansion, but the scaling sucked as a low level healer.

Good news is, it gets back to normal at capped level. Though healing is still quite busy.
    If you enjoy healing, stick with it and see how it appeals to you at 110 ♥

Deleted
    I did a normal last night healing another druid tank and holy hell, I was out of mana on almost every phase (violet hold).
    probs doesn't help that the majority of dungeon bosses i've defeated have only given me 5g.

It just has to do with stats not being optimized. For example I ran a normal (Thickett) as a 108 while everyone else in my group was 104 and I sat at around half mana as a resto druid the whole time and had to spam the heck out of heals on the tank. The reason is because as you level your points get worse and worse. Remember that 1% point of haste/crit/mastery/etc at 100 is significantly less than at 110 so your old gear gets worse and worse as you level up.

Signature Created by Jassinta

At 100 with invasion gear (i.e. 700-710 ilvl) you're slightly above what the game is giving you for quests your level; generally speaking as you level to 110 you'll fall further and further behind the scaling curve, since you aren't replacing every slot with a new warforged piece every level. Most people upon hitting 110 will be well behind the curve compared to fresh 100s.

plus, anybody who's running heroics at this point is probably at least a decent player, as opposed to the crapshoot that is normal dungeons.

7+ Year Old Account
    People need to read the original post (instead of just the title) before commenting.