Page 12 of 14 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kallisto View Post
    Neither. Her arc has been pretty much "Stay out of Lordaeron or be hostile to me and I'll leave you pretty much alone."

Before you say "But Gilneas." the Gilneas war was instigated by Garrosh who was trying to wipe out the forsaken. It was pretty much kill or be killed. If Sylvanas had issues with the world then she'd be attacking the Argents while everyone was in Draenor. Hint she didn't.
    Yeah that explain why she sent forces into Arathi and the Hinterlands, not invading other regions at all, no sir.

As to why she did not attack the Argents? One that would mean the Horde being force to choose between supporting the Forsaken or waging war with the Argent Crusade, the Alliance and likely the Cenarius Circle as well. Two: The Argent have weapons designed for killing the undead. I don't think the dark lady want to test her luck against the Ashbringer.
    Last edited by mmoc04c10d9231; 2016-09-02 at 03:59 AM.

Sylvanas sealed the Horde's fate by choosing to make the foolish move of making an enemy of the Val'kyr and Odyn.

By removing the one chance she ever had of retaining the Forsaken as a species, she is now part of an endangered race, which all but means the last real military power the Horde could have ever had is now gone, forever.

She basically made it impossible for the Horde as a people to survive without surrendering to the Alliance.

I dont think people realize just how likely this will happen given other storylines comming up like the Army of the Light and the Prophecy of Anduin.

Im not an Alliance fanboy here either, but theres been alot of indication the Alliance would ultimately win this faction war.

They vowed to finish the Horde if it ever acted dishonorably again, so far, that promise seems to be leaning towards victory. Anduin might not be his father and he is a very diplomatic guy, but Genn just made it impossible for the Horde to recover a military power equal to the Alliance which still remains superiour in both numbers and strength.

The Horde now has only one future, become the Alliance, or be forgotten to history. Anduin was fortold to be the king that would lead both armies on the world of Falan'Draskor back in Velen's vision.

Keep in mind one more thing people... Varian says something that has a double edged meaning.

Gul'Dan: You, will be remembered, as the king who died, for nothing.

Varian: For the Alliance.

Varian was saying alot more than just that the Alliance and the Horde are one people, but he was saying, the Alliance (will) be the only people left when this is done, thus, the two will become one, and inevitably, the cycle of war, will end, with the Alliance merged with the Horde.

Many Horde will hate the idea, but there is no future for the Horde now, without agreeing to unite.

The chances are, Lor'themar, Baine and Saurfang will become retainers that keep management over the Horde, while Sylvanas, who has all but fucked up her chances of ever being considered a rational leader, will be contained and controlled (possibly via a sinister pact with TLK since do not forget, TLK is Bolvar, Anduins former personal bodyguard, who might still be somewhat loyal to him somewhere inside).

Basically, Anduin's future, is secure.

The Horde's, is at its twilight as an independant faction, but as an extention of the Alliance, it might survive.
    Last edited by CaptainV; 2016-09-02 at 09:04 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by orgonutil View Post
    Sylvanas could kill him if she wanted, would like to know why she didnot
    The arrow he took to his chest - I thought it was poison, unless the black around the wound was supposed to be blood?..
    Quote Originally Posted by Archaeon View Post
    In tbc everyone wished they were playing vanilla. In cataclysm everyone will wish they were playing wotlk.
    ^------True story!!

Quote Originally Posted by orgonutil View Post
    Sylvanas could kill him if she wanted, would like to know why she didnot
    Any number of reasons.

1. She incorrectly assumed the poison would finish him.

2. She was worried he'd Worgen out again and maul her ass.

3. With Eyir freed and Alliance forces storming the hall, she decided it would be best to flee while she had the chance rather than staying to fight Greymane and risk being captured/killed.

4. She was out of arrows. (Joke option)

Stormheim proved that both Sylvanas and Genn are idiots not fit to rule a faction as they only care about their own agendas even in dire situations.
    In the case of Sylvanas: She goes on to destroy everything you have accomplished as a worthy one by trying to enslave Eyir.
    In the case of Genn: he is consumed by his rage to the point that instead of going after Legion he wastes his resources on hunting down Sylvanas for revenge at such a dire time.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by CaptainV View Post
    The Horde's, is at its twilight as an independant faction, but as an extention of the Alliance, it might survive.
    I very much do not think so.
    Watch any Blizzard event.
    See the fanboi levels the blizfolk display for respective factions.
    The only reason Alliance gets any scraps is the same one that made belves Hordies.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by ZenX View Post
    Stormheim proved that both Sylvanas and Genn are idiots not fit to rule a faction as they only care about their own agendas even in dire situations.
    In the case of Sylvanas: She goes on to destroy everything you have accomplished as a worthy one by trying to enslave Eyir.
    In the case of Genn: he is consumed by his rage to the point that instead of going after Legion he wastes his resources on hunting down Sylvanas for revenge at such a dire time.
    And yet, thanks to following his wolf instincts, Genn has prevented a major disaster. Accidental heroes are still heroes.

Herald of the Titans Valnoressa's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    I was worried for a second when she arrows him with one shot but then insta hype regen when he smashes her means of saving herself and her people.

*claps* Well done, Blizz. Well done! It's been a long time coming.
    Butts.

Genn's insane hunger for vengeance reminds me a lot of Garrosh. I wonder when he'll realise his son killed himself by jumping in front of an arrow meant for him. He'd let the Legion burn Azeroth to the ground if it means Sylvanas also dies. And he'll end up costing us the fight. What a hero

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Madwolf View Post
    Sylvanas' character flaw, ever since she was a Night Elf, has always been doing whatever is necessary to protect what she cares about.

Greymane has his own flaws as well.

I believe The Banshee Queen spared our Worgen friend because while incredibly upset, she respected Genn's smooth move and also knew she couldn't afford to start a conflict between the Horde and the Alliance.

I predict that one of these two is going to save the other during Legion.
    Yup, that's her flaw just as much as she was ever a nightelf.

She "spared" him because she was busy seeing the greater threat (to herself) being released from the shackless she put on this threat.
    It is safe to asume that if she decided to shoot the limping away Greymane in the back that would further piss off the valkyr.

Quote Originally Posted by Kangodo View Post
    5. Genn's plot armour made sure she was distracted by Eyir
    Well, to be fair, she did have good reason to be distracted by Eyir.

Because Eyir, by any reasonable measure, should have just deep-fried Sylvanas the moment she got free.

The plot armor goes both ways.

Deleted
    *A major disaster for the Alliance.
    That would require a fairly ridiculous assumption that Sylvie is faithfully serving in her Warchief role.

I did. So very much. He's welcome to do it again. As much as he wants.

And I main horde atm. Go Genn!

Couple of things I want to bring up:

1. Although warchief position is a revolving door, don't forget voljin's very close ties with the death loa. I wouldn't be surprised if he returns in some fashion to 'influence' sylvanas back on the right path (possibly offering her a path to redemption?)

2. Genn greymane is healed of the poison after, you can talk to the medic next to him. Don't forget worgens have unnatural resistance to most plagues due to their curse.

3. When questing against forsaken enemies as alliance, some of them actually make some very interesting death cries... notably ones similar to when you killed undead controlled by arthas "At last..." that hint that she's beginning to both raise and control forsaken against their will. These weren't weak forsaken either, if you want to try it go to the plague camp outside of the final 'alliance' questing hub. Some praise the dark lady in death, others almost thank you for releasing them.
    Ones brain cannot co-pilot if ones mouth is on auto-pilot.

Can't really make any sense out of the arguments being made for Sylvanas here, and it just ends with the Sylvanas side starting to hyperbole everything.

Deleted
    Contrary to the idiotic assumption that she's pure evil?
    "Contrary"? A contrary assumption would be that she is not serving faithfully.
    Your level of exaggeration is, however, truly idiotic. Any more idiocy you'd like to present for our entertainment?

So far I haven't really seen anything that's a threat to the Horde.
    You generally don't seem to see much but fret not, it's not like anyone expected you to.

Really?
    After we had a thread where people claim she's worse than Arthas you still think the "pro-Sylvanas" side is making hyperboles?
    You made a big one in this same post, nothing to "think" here.

Deleted
    Genn has become quite the silver fox in Legion. Or should I say... silver wolf?

And that's all I'm going to say.

Deleted
    I really enjoyed that cinematic, i'm a big vrykul fan and seeing sylvanas trying to enslave Eyir just made me angry, luckily Greymane saved the day!

mad props to him

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ZenX View Post
    Genn was hardly an idiot for stopping Sylvanas from gaining immortality. What she did was detestable and she had to be stopped. Just because Genn was driven by vengeance does not mean it was pointless of him to go after her and destroy the lantern.

Deleted
    I've not done stormheim yet (not even finished my first zone) but this really sounds like something great.

Though this is world of hordecraft after all, so i would not be surprised if the poison will get Genn in later patch. Just something clichey like "omfg it was more potent poison than we thought!11"

But anyway, judging by those hilarious sylvanas fanboys reactions, it was worth it.

I like her as a character but as a (horde) warrior leveling in stormheim and doing my order stuff what she did was a pretty big slap on my face. I literally went to hell with Ashildr and the trust built with her was what allowed her to enter there. And She just tries to enslave their deity...if I could I would've helped Gen cleave her in half and delivered the remains to Helya.
    Last edited by ksaf; 2016-09-02 at 04:20 PM.