Two Legion Quibbles

OK, I both like and respect Legion. I'm also enjoying playing Outlaw Rogue in just about every way. So my feelings towards Blizzard right now are mostly much love rather than towards hate that most long-time WoW players love-hate feel towards the game. But I have two quibbles:

1) Demonhunters saying, "What have you sacrificed?" Who thought it was a good idea at Blizzard to remind players exactly how many things in life they've sacrificed for this game? And in game I'm the hero who killed how many bosses, faced how many challenges over the last 10+ years? How many ties did we die horribly and were resurrected to do the same thing all over? I think our characters win this sacrifice game.

2) I'm rather bitter about shareable clickies and mobs. Perhaps bittersweet is a better term. I'm delighted they are in the game but the sense of IT TOOK YOU TEN YEARS TO FIGURE THIS OUT? is just impossible to avoid. I'm positively bitter about this, I don't' think I'll ever quite forgive blizzard for it. It's been a long relationship between me and this game and that's one thing I will always be angry about that. I suppose I should add tab targeted PvP flagged players on a PvE server but I'll probably forget about that now that the invasion event is over.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Demeia View Post
    OK, I both like and respect Legion. I'm also enjoying playing Outlaw Rogue in just about every way.
    Outlaw rogue... I rolled a new toon to try the promised "gameplay around using pistols"... and quickly realised there's no way in hell my WoW rogue will ever dual-wield a pair of pistols. This kind of stuff is reserved for cool games made by cool people (like, say, GW2). And then the poor young belf got deleted.

So my feelings towards Blizzard right now are mostly much love rather than towards hate that most long-time WoW players love-hate feel towards the game.
    Got to admit WoD has very thoroughly cooled my emotions around the game and its maker. Hate is a passion and passions should not be wasted.

But I have two quibbles:

1) Demonhunters saying, "What have you sacrificed?" Who thought it was a good idea at Blizzard to remind players exactly how many things in life they've sacrificed for this game? And in game I'm the hero who killed how many bosses, faced how many challenges over the last 10+ years? How many ties did we die horribly and were resurrected to do the same thing all over? I think our characters win this sacrifice game.
    Jesus Christ
    Jesus Christ
    Who are you
    What have you
    Sacrificed?

I suppose DHs might find it challenging to consider someone's actions sacrifice unless it's ripping out your eyes and feasting on numerous demon's power. Kheh.

2) I'm rather bitter about shareable clickies and mobs. Perhaps bittersweet is a better term. I'm delighted they are in the game but the sense of IT TOOK YOU TEN YEARS TO FIGURE THIS OUT? is just impossible to avoid. I'm positively bitter about this, I don't' think I'll ever quite forgive blizzard for it. It's been a long relationship between me and this game and that's one thing I will always be angry about that. I suppose I should add tab targeted PvP flagged players on a PvE server but I'll probably forget about that now that the invasion event is over.
    It's Blizzard and WoW, not NCSoft and GW2, where the game maker said straight up that he's proud to offer a game where the sight of other players nearby always makes you glad.
    While Blizdevs repeatedly stated they WANT to set players up in cockfights.
    Says a lot about their mindset.

1) Demonhunters saying, "What have you sacrificed?" .
    I´m always triggered when demon hunters ask MY demon hunter this question tbh

Quote Originally Posted by Cizr View Post
    I chalk it up to having to cater to every player of every class so it has to be left somewhat generic, but it does feel very strange being treated like "random player #128769187263" on my Demon Hunter when interacting with other Demon hunters who LITERALLY within the last 24 hours escaped the Vault of the Wardens because I set them free and then subsequently witnessed me earning my artifact weapon, destroying demons side by side with them, activating the demon ship we're now using for a stronghold and then becoming their leader because they CHOSE me to lead them...

But it's also weird being treated by other NPCs like I don't know or have never interacted with Demon hunters before...AS a Demon Hunter.

Quote Originally Posted by Katchii View Post
    I chalk it up to having to cater to every player of every class so it has to be left somewhat generic, but it does feel very strange being treated like "random player #128769187263" on my Demon Hunter when interacting with other Demon hunters who LITERALLY within the last 24 hours escaped the Vault of the Wardens because I set them free and then subsequently witnessed me earning my artifact weapon, destroying demons side by side with them, activating the demon ship we're now using for a stronghold and then becoming their leader because they CHOSE me to lead them...

But it's also weird being treated by other NPCs like I don't know or have never interacted with Demon hunters before...AS a Demon Hunter.
    during questing lot of NPC refered to my partial demon status. Like that Nightborne mage who traps you in Suramar says something like "oh you are not demon. At least not fully demon" or Maiev saying thats its now my turn to set her free,random npc saying that they are watching me etc.

during questing lot of NPC refered to my partial demon status. Like that Nightborne mage who traps you in Suramar says something like "oh you are not demon. At least not fully demon" or Maiev saying thats its now my turn to set her free,random npc saying that they are watching me etc.
    Good to know it's acknowledged somewhere, but for the most part every character gets treated/ responded to the same.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Katchii View Post
    Good to know it's acknowledged somewhere, but for the most part every character gets treated/ responded to the same.
    There are various places where you won't be treated the same, at least in an RP sense. In Aszuna on my unholy dk, when questing with the blue dragons, various NPC's tell me not to get too near the weakened leader because my weapon seems to emanate plague and death.

Afaik if you're a fire mage the night elves get a bit tetchy with you in Val'Sharaj, thinking you might burn the forest down.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Nition View Post
    There are various places where you won't be treated the same, at least in an RP sense. In Aszuna on my unholy dk, when questing with the blue dragons, various NPC's tell me not to get too near the weakened leader because my weapon seems to emanate plague and death.

Afaik if you're a fire mage the night elves get a bit tetchy with you in Val'Sharaj, thinking you might burn the forest down.
    That would mean they react to devs' fetish - the artifacts - not to the player.
    The other case of actual special treatment seems connected to The Class Of The XPac.

I think certain level of custom responses will be not exactly sensible for a game where you walk up to an NPC with a party where some folks have never met the Lich King, some have taken active part in every major event since Vanilla and so on.

OK, I both like and respect Legion. I'm also enjoying playing Outlaw Rogue in just about every way. So my feelings towards Blizzard right now are mostly much love rather than towards hate that most long-time WoW players love-hate feel towards the game. But I have two quibbles:

So of your two quibbles, one is a throwaway line when you click on NPCs (does "me not that kind of Orc!" bother you too?") and the other is actually not a problem, it just makes you angry (?!?!?) that it took until Legion to do it?

Not sure how this was really worth a thread.
    Beta Club Brosquad

15+ Year Old Account

Technology is developed over time. This includes server related programming, and the game engine itself programming. It's highly unrealistic to just believe the idea (such as shareable clicks/tags/kills/drops) should be made instantly. A lot of work goes into it, and making sure its compatible with the game itself thats already in place, and the servers.

I'm rather bitter about shareable clickies and mobs. Perhaps bittersweet is a better term. I'm delighted they are in the game but the sense of IT TOOK YOU TEN YEARS TO FIGURE THIS OUT?
    Yeah, considering Aion had it like 8 years ago.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Deathquoi View Post
    So of your two quibbles, one is a throwaway line when you click on NPCs (does "me not that kind of Orc!" bother you too?") and the other is actually not a problem, it just makes you angry (?!?!?) that it took until Legion to do it?
    The gays might be triggered, what if they RP looking specifically for that type of orc?
    Quote Originally Posted by THE Bigzoman View Post
    Meant Wetback. That's what the guy from Home Depot called it anyway.
    ==================================
    If you say pls because it is shorter than please,
    I'll say no because it is shorter than yes.
    ==================================

10+ Year Old Account
    Might want to keep your safety on.