Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    Deleted

Dungeons feeling like mini-raids

Does anyone else get the feeling that some of the dungeons feel like they could very well just be a raid because of their design and structure?

- Eye of Azshara is basically a water version of Firelands
    - Halls of Valor feels like a mini version of Ulduar to me
    - Neltharion's Lair feels like a combination of Onyxia's Lair and Bastion of Twilight
    - Maw of Souls has a Dragon Soul vibe to it (the final boss basically is Madness 2.0 - but this time it's actually good)

Haven't done some of the other dungeons yet, but I absolutely love this. It doesn't feel like I'm just farming them for virtual items, but like I'm actually having an adventure into a dungeon full of loot, dangerous enemies and bosses that actually mean something for the main story.

I haven't had this much fun in WoW since WotLK and I hope so much they continue this trend. I've seen people being confused as hell when they're confronted with open space like in Eye of Azshara, but that's what makes me feel warm inside even more. This feeling of not really knowing what to do, but just doing it anyway is something I've been missing since Classic.

So glad I came back for Legion. Even if it's only for the first few weeks and the content becomes stale I absolutely love Blizzard for what they've done with this addon. Everything just feels so right, like it hasn't felt for a long, long time.

Deleted
    Hmm, except eye of azshara and halls of valor the rest feel like common dungeons to me.

how do you compare Maw to Dragon Soul????

different mechanics the only thing in that fight the same was the Tenteacles but Dragon Soul Madness had a bit more to do and was a better fight IMO
    Originally Posted by Ghostcrawler

If you are trying to AE tank and a bad dps is attacking the wrong target and dies, we call that justice.

7+ Year Old Account
    I will agree with you OP, that the dungeons feel like mine raids, but for me, it is more because of the mechanics. Nearly all of the mechanics of the dungeon bosses feel like they could be put on a raid boss and be awesome. Wrath of Azshara feels like a great raid boss like Al'akir and the same with Helya. Heimdal in Halls of Valor could be amazing as a raid encounter and Cordana Felsong is pretty much a raid encounter on her own. Just think about having 4 lights of Elune, double the amount of abilities and some heavy raid ability, Cordanas fight would be a unique touch to WoW.
    May the lore be great and the stories interesting. A game without a story, is a game without a soul. Value the lore and it will reward you with fun!

Don't let yourself be satisfied with what you expect and what you seem as obvious. Ask for something good, surprising and better. Your own standards ends up being other peoples standard.

Vault of the wardens was the only dungeons that felt close to a mini-raid to me.

Isn't that what dungeons are? Or rather raids are just scaled up dungeons.

Deleted
    I don't get how a raid feels in this thread. Please define your raid-feeling.

15+ Year Old Account
    I find Black Rook Hold verrrrrrrrrry long.

edit: also its name is dumb.

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by -Ethos- View Post
    I find Black Rook Hold verrrrrrrrrry long.
    So true, thought it'd never end the first time I did it.

7+ Year Old Account
    I'm loving them, the atmosphere and graphics give them a really cool feel.

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't understand how you're being reminded of those raids from these dungeons. Helya is nothing like Madness and none of the dungeons remind me of the raids that you mentioned. Some of the dungeons are long and some of the rooms are similar looking to certain areas of raids, but this applies to numerous dungeons and even other raids throughout the lifetime of this game. You can only do so much with a rocky cavern with lava before you start seeing similarities to other places with lava filled caverns.

Quote Originally Posted by Bigbazz
    MMO champion for example used to be the center of WoW theorycrafting

Last boss of Maw of Souls took us like 6 minutes. Totally agree.
    Can't wait for Mythic+
    Owner of ONEAzerothTV
    Tanking, Blood DK Mythic+ Pugging, Soloing and WoW Challenges alongside other discussions about all things in World of Warcraft
    ONEAzerothTV

Black Rook Hold and Vault of the Wardens are amazing and could very well be raids.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dejablue View Post
    Black Rook Hold and Vault of the Wardens are amazing and could very well be raids.
    Especially Vault. Cordana is the most interesting and best 5 man encounter I have seen in WoW so far and she could easily be a raid boss.

Quote Originally Posted by Marston View Post
    Especially Vault. Cordana is the most interesting and best 5 man encounter I have seen in WoW so far and she could easily be a raid boss.
    She gets even more interesting on Mythic. There are twice as many of the walls moving, and they move faster.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tehterokkar View Post
    She gets even more interesting on Mythic. There are twice as many of the walls moving, and they move faster.
    Oh, I just did her on Mythic today (after only visiting the dungeon on normal for the first time earlier). She is absolutely awesome.

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    Agree with OP. Dungeons feeling like mini-raids due to some design of structure and hard trash. They are long, trash hits hard and has huge HP. Plus cutscenes, some neat transition stuff (like the portal to Fenrir or Golden Bridge in the Halls of Valor), and so on. Love it.

Legion dungeons are best of all time. I love every single one. Each has awesome and unique encounters, all with an epic feel.

Maw of Souls is my favorite so far. God that end boss is awesome.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kikazz View Post
    how do you compare Maw to Dragon Soul????

different mechanics the only thing in that fight the same was the Tenteacles but Dragon Soul Madness had a bit more to do and was a better fight IMO
    Even the trash mobs in Maw are way better than Madness of Deathwing, lol

Quote Originally Posted by Solobang View Post
    Even the trash mobs in Maw are way better than Madness of Deathwing, lol
    gotcha so you were one of those LFR only types of people, thanks for clearing that up.

if you did it on heroic you would have seen it was a fun fight.
    Originally Posted by Ghostcrawler

If you are trying to AE tank and a bad dps is attacking the wrong target and dies, we call that justice.