Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    Legendary!
    15+ Year Old Account
    This is going to be the most awesome "intro" to a game ever. That trailer was fantastic!

Quote Originally Posted by Soulwind View Post
    And you'd have a 90min long cinematic written by Metzen: A CGI orc version of The Expendables.

I'd rather have actual film-makers making these movies.

As for it looking better, Spirits Within looked fairly realistic when it came out, now it's so far into the uncanny valley it's hard to watch.
    Advent Children looked revolutionary to me during that time. Water effects, hair detail and all.

This movie is an instant watch for me, disappointment is not an option.
    The wise wolf who's pride is her wisdom isn't so sharp as drunk.

Was anyone able to see this? I was super excited to go see it last weekend and then discovered the closest theater to me was 160 miles away... Turns out it was barely playing anywhere. I really hope they add more places showing it in the next few weeks.

Signature Created by Jassinta

Quote Originally Posted by NightZero88 View Post
    Was anyone able to see this? I was super excited to go see it last weekend and then discovered the closest theater to me was 160 miles away... Turns out it was barely playing anywhere. I really hope they add more places showing it in the next few weeks.
    The closest theater was 65 miles from house, at 9:00 PM on a weekend. Out of the question, at least it comes out next week.

Just opened more showings this weekend, and one is down the way from me. Excited to go, despite my hesitation at hearing Aaron Paul in such a serious role >_>

Quote Originally Posted by fangless View Post
    Just opened more showings this weekend, and one is down the way from me. Excited to go, despite my hesitation at hearing Aaron Paul in such a serious role >_>
    Breaking Bad wasn't serious?

10+ Year Old Account
    Closest theater showing it is four hours away.
    Tiriél US-Stormrage

Signature by Shyama

Saw this at the cinema on the weekend and loved it. I enjoyed Kingsglaive far more than Warcraft. I honestly can't wait to play FFXV just a damn shame it got delayed again

I read the reviews after the movies and they whinged about the stupidest things. who cares if the characters have crazy names, of course nothing was resolved in the movie. The reviewers must have been retarded if they honestly thought the whole story would be wrapped up within this movie knowing it's showing what happens prior to the events of the game.

I liked that there was some nods towards the game as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Nasriel View Post

I read the reviews after the movies and they whinged about the stupidest things. who cares if the characters have crazy names, of course nothing was resolved in the movie. The reviewers must have been retarded if they honestly thought the whole story would be wrapped up within this movie knowing it's showing what happens prior to the events of the game.

I liked that there was some nods towards the game as well.
    The same applies to Warcraft.

That's a pretty legitimate criticism to make, though. If a movie requires you to engage with external media (especially when it's part of a completely different entertainment medium) to have a satisfying conclusion, then that's a definite shortcoming that's going to be incredibly relevant to a lot of moviegoers.

Quote Originally Posted by Wondercrab View Post
    That's a pretty legitimate criticism to make, though. If a movie requires you to engage with external media (especially when it's part of a completely different entertainment medium) to have a satisfying conclusion, then that's a definite shortcoming that's going to be incredibly relevant to a lot of moviegoers.
    Not really, that would be like a reviewer whinging after watching Part one of Hunger Games Mockingjay or Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows were incomplete because the story wasn't wrapped up in the first movie. When anyone with half a clue realizes that they weren't meant to be. This movie was never meant to be a standalone story and they should have done a tiny little research into what Final Fantasy XV actually is before going in. The whole point is to get you hyped for the game, or if you've played the game to fill in what happened before you take control of Noct. It was never meant to be like Final Fanatasy The Spirits Within which was it's own story start to end and not tied into a book or game

Not really, that would be like a reviewer whinging after watching Part one of Hunger Games Mockingjay or Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows were incomplete because the story wasn't wrapped up in the first movie. When anyone with half a clue realizes that they weren't meant to be. This movie was never meant to be a standalone story and they should have done a tiny little research into what Final Fantasy XV actually is before going in. The whole point is to get you hyped for the game, or if you've played the game to fill in what happened before you take control of Noct. It was never meant to be like Final Fanatasy The Spirits Within which was it's own story start to end and not tied into a book or game
    The thing is, for most people, especially movie critics, this movie will be the last thing they'll see about FFXV. Telling them the rest is in a videogame is like telling them there's nothing more. Neither the Hunger Games or Harry Potter told you to go read the book after watching the first part.

Nothing stopped them from making a contained story connected to the videogame that could be fully experienced without ever playing it, but they didn't do that, they did a prequel to the videogame, they did a long opening cinematic and called it a movie.

It's kind of the exact opposite of those games based on movies, released around the same time. Almost always buggy and dull, because they aren't trying to be good games, they're just promoting something else.

I thought that it was incredible. It's definitely a movie that is going to be more appreciated by fans of the Final Fantasy franchise rather than those who are unfamiliar with it but given the limited theatrical release I belief that the creators were well aware of that fact. I loved all the nods to earlier titles and whilst there was plenty of action there was also quite a bit of intrigue too - something which I absolutely adore.

I was already excited for FFXV but now I'm looking forward to it even more.

Deleted
    I already downloaded it. I need to watch it now.

Why didn't anyone told my about this movie? A new final fantasy movie and the internetz didn't say anything to me? *chocked*

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowpunkz View Post
    I already downloaded it. I need to watch it now.

Why didn't anyone told my about this movie? A new final fantasy movie and the internetz didn't say anything to me? *chocked*
    Downloaded from where?

Signature Created by Jassinta

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by NightZero88 View Post
    Downloaded from where?
    I will send you a PM