Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Kalium View Post
    If you have issues with barrage... then maybe chose a different talent... not that hard to do.
    Or blizz could fix this stupid shit they did with starfall that used to pull even the pope.

Quote Originally Posted by l33t View Post
    Can't wait till you, OP and other guys like you and OP realise that tons of abilities work like that. For example: all wwmonk cleaves, all DH cleaves, all warrior's cleaves, mage aoe abilities, etc, etc. I won't exclude the possibility that it was made like that on purpose, to add the difficulty back which is almost destroyed by weak auras and bossmods addons.
    Other AoE and cleave abilities don't have the same range (on both horizontal and vertical axes) as Barrage and that's what makes it so easy to misuse. It can be mostly mitigated by better positioning but there's a always going to be a higher chance in Mythic+ that it's the barraging hunter who accidentally pulled that extra pack from around the corner.

Is that the worst thing that's ever happened to the class? Of course it isn't but it is still a pretty rubbish design.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Slashgordon View Post
    Perhaps we could appeal to Blizz using class fantasy, seeing as that's what's governed most of their changes to classes... It's hardly good class fantasy for a marksman / sniper to run in machine gunning an entire city block. We're snipers not 1920s gangsters.
    I used that argument when I suggested at least nerfing (if not removing completely) Barrage, to no avail.
    Edit: And I suggest getting rid of Barrage every time I post any kind of hunter feedback, which is almost every major patch.

If you want to create "I hate Barrage" club, I'm all in.

Momentarily running around with Volley - which at cost of only 3 focus gives autoshot localized explosions of ~125% autoshot damage (volley is magical and thus ignores armor). In my most recent dungeon run, it was my third source of damage (at 15%), so it can't be that bad.

10+ Year Old Account
    i love barrage myself, if i pull to much solo i feign death, if i pull to much in dungeons i FD then misdirect.

or i just shoot, apply hunters mark using one skill that applies it to everything around target, use other skill to weaken or w/e
    (totally forget skill names but it's the aoe that icon looks like a frontal cone red maybe...stacks 3x), then multishot a couple times as i position myself so it won't pull everything,

there's quiet a few globals that should be done BEFORE you barrage anyway... to maximize its damage

seriously telling me it's to much effort to set up a proper barrage for max damage, while moving to a spot it wont pull extra groups?
    granted my Perobas is one of my least cared about alts but i have played him enough already to learn a few tricks.

don't even need disengage to set pulls up properly, just need to not be the proverbial huntard.
    Still I cry, tears like pouring rain, Innocent is my lurid pain.

It's definitely a learn to play issue. It's a conal ability with a 40 yard range, you have to be mindful of your positioning and of your surroundings. You do have other talent choices to choose from as well, it's not like barrage is mandatory. Volley actually does more AoE damage than barrage, but requires your targets to be stacked closely together, which they generally are in most dungeons. AMoC is also a viable choice for single target purposes.

You shouldn't be playing MM in dungeon content anyway, definitely not in mythic/mythic+, not if you want to play optimally at least. BM outshines it in every single regard, not just in terms of raw consistent AoE dps output, but when it comes to utility as well. Having a pet that can cast battle rez or bloodlust on demand definitely comes in handy.

10+ Year Old Account
    I personally don't understand why the range is so large.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Christan View Post
    i love barrage myself, if i pull to much solo i feign death, if i pull to much in dungeons i FD then misdirect.

or i just shoot, apply hunters mark using one skill that applies it to everything around target, use other skill to weaken or w/e
    (totally forget skill names but it's the aoe that icon looks like a frontal cone red maybe...stacks 3x), then multishot a couple times as i position myself so it won't pull everything,

there's quiet a few globals that should be done BEFORE you barrage anyway... to maximize its damage

seriously telling me it's to much effort to set up a proper barrage for max damage, while moving to a spot it wont pull extra groups?
    granted my Perobas is one of my least cared about alts but i have played him enough already to learn a few tricks.

don't even need disengage to set pulls up properly, just need to not be the proverbial huntard.
    Care to explain? What "setup" do you need to make barrage do it's max damage? The fact that you're using Multi shot means you aren't using Sidewinders, which means you probably don't care about DPS anyway.

Git good, or like, don't use it?
    I was a Death's Demise.
    Those were the good old days.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Slashgordon View Post
    Care to explain? What "setup" do you need to make barrage do it's max damage? The fact that you're using Multi shot means you aren't using Sidewinders, which means you probably don't care about DPS anyway.
    well sentinel for one, which procs marked shot, and i liked trick shot instead of sidewinders, because i also liked lock n load and while marked shot doesn't buff multishot, they work well off each other as multi resets marked shot, idk if sidewinders do, and they have a cd, replace arcane and multi, which means its the only focus generator, i didn't like that.

also i said i barely play hunter lol, my reasoning may be flawed if looking for max dps, but as the person right below me said, barrage isn't even as good for aoe as volley

are sidewinders honestly so good you want to replace aimed shot being able to hit everything else in range on a proc, and losing arcane shot plus multi?
    but yeah, based off what the person said below me, if you care about dps you wouldn't even be using barrage, so lets just assume this whole post is about playing how you want, not trying to min/max.

having a 10s cooldown on the only focus generator just didn't seem appealing to me, nor will it, even if it is "more dps"
    screw sidewinders.
    Still I cry, tears like pouring rain, Innocent is my lurid pain.

Deleted
    There is so, so much wrong with what you just said.

"If you care about DPS you wouldn't be using barrage"
    Erm. I'm not even going to answer this.

"are sidewinders honestly so good you want to replace aimed shot being able to hit everything else in range on a proc, and losing arcane shot plus multi?"
    Yes.

"well sentinel for one, which procs marked shot"
    Patient sniper is much better than sentinel for damage.

If you barely play hunter, and clearly have no idea about how to spec for maximum damage, why are you even trying to post in this specific discussion? That seems kinda odd to me. Of course, if you don't care about damage then by all means, spec how you like. Go into a 5 man / raid with a tenacity specced turtle with growl activated, don't use aimed shot because it's boring and take all the lowest DPS talents. No skin off my nose!

Quote Originally Posted by Unzipped View Post
    It's definitely a learn to play issue. It's a conal ability with a 40 yard range, you have to be mindful of your positioning and of your surroundings. You do have other talent choices to choose from as well, it's not like barrage is mandatory. Volley actually does more AoE damage than barrage, but requires your targets to be stacked closely together, which they generally are in most dungeons. AMoC is also a viable choice for single target purposes.
    I've used barrage for years and I have never had any issues with it, I even laughed at people who couldnt use it properly and overpulled.
    The problem is that after the pre-exp patch, the skill drastically changed. I immediately noticed a difference in my first dungeon after the patch.
    It would shoot through walls, it hits mobs standing to my sides, mobs I couldnt even see on my screen because they were too far to the side or even over me, and it hits mobs standing outside your maxrange.

Take an episode from today. I used barrage on a mob infront of me and it started hitting a stationary mob standing at least 55 yards away from me, to my side. I used feign death, and when the mob ran back to its position, it was out of range and I had to take a few steps to even get in range of it.

But somehow barrage managed to hit it....

Deleted

It's a stupid spell. It is not interesting or fun at all to use. Why can't they replace it with something actually interesting? I don't get why they would remove a spell like glaive toss, but keep barrage. Then again, that's how I feel about MM/BM as whole, really no interesting gameplay, incredibly dull
    Last edited by aysatsana; 2016-09-04 at 03:00 AM.

Herald of the Titans Chain Chungus's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    For me the issue isn't whether or not I can successfully use the skill, I have practiced it for years and use MD when possible or aim at a wall. The two main problems for me are that it doesn't sync up with MD, one being 20 sec. and one 30 sec., and that the positioning and awareness required to use it generally means I cannot just use it on cooldown every time it pops. I have to break my rotation, position myself, and then hope that I did everything right: which even the best hunters will not achieve 100% of the time. All of that usually takes a few seconds as well, which is a really easy time to spend some of that 60 focus you saved by impulsively hitting a shot, and then you get to wait a little more.

So if I can't use the talent every 20 seconds, I feel like I am (and probably am) losing out on a ton of potential DPS by taking a talent that I realistically use every 30-35 seconds instead of every 20. As of now, I am using AMoC and love it so much more; AoE be damned, I am BM so Barrage is superfluous.

Quote Originally Posted by djar View Post
    It's a stupid spell. It is not interesting or fun at all to use. Why can't they replace it with something actually interesting? I don't get why they would remove a spell like glaive toss, but keep barrage. Then again, that's how I feel about MM/BM as whole, really no interesting gameplay, incredibly dull
    cant have glaive toss with demon hunters. need dat class fantasy.

Deleted
    agreed this skill is a mess and makes no sense to have. Tons of classes have super strong aoe skills with 0 downside, but for whatever reason they gave hunter the most shitty one.

10+ Year Old Account
    I smell a bad hunter.

Quote Originally Posted by ItachiZaku View Post
    When I'm tired or drunk, I start dungeons with
    /p I'd just like to apologize in advance
    Why?
    /p you'll see...
    lol you must have been the warrior tank I had a few months ago when levelling in BC xD. He started off exactly the same way. Turns out he was tanking in a combo of leather and cloth gear and was getting killed by everything. Was most amusing. Even with him constantly dying we got through the dungeon without any issues. I have no idea how he kept dying since myself as a mage even when being hit by mobs wasn't being slaughtered.

So glad my hunter is SV and I don't have to worry about Barrage, I'd be one of those hunters who keeps forgetting it's stupid now and keep pulling stuff by accident until I remember to stop using the ability heh

barrage is nice in world quests and pretty annoying everywhere else

as expected though this thread is just a massive circlejerk from elitists thinking they're good at the game because they can position themselves with barrage correctly. fucking losers lmao

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by sanchoz View Post
    barrage is nice in world quests and pretty annoying everywhere else

as expected though this thread is just a massive circlejerk from elitists thinking they're good at the game because they can position themselves with barrage correctly. fucking losers lmao
    I thought this was the circle jerk of bad hunters trying to convince everyone they don't suck at something as simple as a computer game, lol fucking losers.