Page 1 of 2
LastLast

How much of a hook-up do you give guildies?

If you found a high ilvl BOE, how much of a discount would you give it to a guildie for if your original plan was to sell it?

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    i don't charge guildies.
    *Minaah* lvl 120 / Resto & Balance Druid -- GM of Onslaught on Doomhammer-US, Horde

Quote Originally Posted by DayDayKnucks View Post
    If you found a high ilvl BOE, how much of a discount would you give it to a guildie for if your original plan was to sell it?
    If I can't use it, I usually plop it in the gbank officer tab. From there it's sold at 50% AH pricing and all funds go to the guild coffers. I don't raid much outside of LFR and the occasional sub so this is how I support our raid team and guild.

If I can't use something, and this early on when we're all doing raid prep the best we can, it's theirs. Build the foundation, and the fortress will stand tall.
    Summon Apollo's fire, with hell and heaven's might. Then with great force attend, the falling of all men.
    Release this captured world, from point of no return. Destruction has no end, unless you ride again.

Depends. Right now when money is flowing insanely, I will sell everything. As the expansion goes on though, depending on the item I will either just give it to them or knock off about 25%. For example, I leveled up a dual gathering profession character because I wanted to either send those mats to my alts or make money. Just giving that away because someone happens to be in the same guild as me seems kind of stupid.

Also depends on which guild you're talking. If you're talking the one I chose and raid with, I will mostly give stuff for free if it helps the progression or is met in turn with similar help. If you're talking the one I joined to just not have to deal with spam invites, then no, I won't be handing out items to them, even for discounts.
    Last edited by Thetruth1400; 2016-09-02 at 03:54 PM.

If one of my myriad of alts can't use it,I'll ask in gchat if any one needs it,then mail it to them for free,if no one speaks up,on the ah it goes.

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't charge guildies, whatever they want to give in return is up to them but I don't want to haggle with friends.

Emphasis on friends though now that I think of it. Gotta be part of the raid team obviously and someone I've known for awhile that isn't going jump ship soon. New guildies won't be getting anything from me.
    Last edited by Dug; 2016-09-02 at 04:03 PM.

If an item is consistently selling for 10k, and a guildie wants it, they get it from me for 10k... Anything less is me just giving away gold... As opposed to the person that wants the item, paying for it instead...

I have a pretty high price point set of about 5k gold that if an item would sell for less than that I would usually just give it away to a guild member, if its over I usually offer a good discount. Depends on situation as well. If its going to help out a good standing member or help the raid move forward, I might just give them whatever they need anyway. If they are a just joined 20 minutes ago and are asking for epic drops, most likely I'm not going to give them anything regardless of my price point.
    One of these days, I should probably figure out a decent signature.

7+ Year Old Account
    I mean, it really just depends on my mood that day and how long I've known the person tbh.

How could anyone tell? Is that guildie a friend since vanilla that baught you epic flying because you could not afford it? Is it the neighbor next door that saved you and your family out of a burning building? Is it a player you plan to raid with? Is it some no name guild and you have no idea who that is?

I'd directly ask in my guild to give it away for free, and unisono they would answer I should try to sell it in the AH first as the things are extremely valuable right now.

10+ Year Old Account
    Nearby, preventing you from fast traveling.
    I'd hike the price up 10% and claim I was giving a 'guldie discount'.

10+ Year Old Account
    Never charged a member of our raid team or a good friend anything at all.
    "...money's most powerful ability is to allow bad people to continue doing bad things at the expense of those who don't have it."

Guild gets first dibs on anything I get usually. However, all of us this go around are selling out drops to take advantage of the gold glut coming out of WoD.

Well, other than the glyphs. No one in my guild is ever going to pay 10-20k for a cosmetic glyph.

70% of AH lowest price, It's a two way street.
    Quote Originally Posted by Potboza View Post
    I created a black human male called "Pedopriest" and ran him to SW.
    I started asking where the schools were.
    Someone said "My kids play on this server you creep! How can you live with yourself?"
    I whispered back, "How old are they?"
    Yeah.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by DayDayKnucks View Post
    You'll get very different answers from people depending on their situation. Progression raiders might well just give it to someone on the raid team since they very likely have tons of gold from selling runs, etc. People who maxed garrisons for months and have 1m+ gold, the same perhaps. Someone in a casual guild might sell it since gear people ASAP isn't a thing, they might not have tons of gold and an item might sell for 50k+ and that could be a lot of gold to just give away to someone.

Me, I'd sell it. I told someone who got a BoE drop last night and thought about giving it to me to just sell it - but we don't raid seriously atm.

10+ Year Old Account
    Don't charge guildies.

But then in my old guild (quitted WoW now), whenever we needed something BoE the GM would use guild bank to buy for us, he literally bought everyone multiple pieces of BoE when last expansion started to get everyone's ilvl up.

Give and take.

Quote Originally Posted by Minaah View Post
    i don't charge guildies.
    Ditto.
    I'll put it in the guild bank and alert others in guild that it's there. If they want it, awesome. If not then it will sit there until we clean it out or someone else grabs it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Safhira View Post
    Ditto.
    I'll put it in the guild bank and alert others in guild that it's there. If they want it, awesome. If not then it will sit there until we clean it out or someone else grabs it.
    But why let something worth tens of thousands of gold sit in the gbank and rot?

10+ Year Old Account
    I would not charge them, if I can help someone or give them something I don't need or want I just ask around first then sell it or vendor it.