Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Hansworst View Post
    Please oh wise one, enlighten us with your solution to a DDoS attack on an MMO
    Hunt down the ones that're doing it an kill em, ez, no more ddos an they'd deserve it

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Wild View Post
    ITS A KNOWN ISSUE NOW, STATED BY BLIZZ, WORKING ON IT
    "Hey all,

We are currently looking into the connection issues for all realms. We'll try to provide updates as they become available."

http://us.battle.net/forums/en/wow/topic/20749014960
    So in US too huh. Same thing here in Europe. Pretty interesting, I always thought everything would be seperated to prevent stuff like this happening. Read on the WoW forums Hearthstone is having troubles too.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Szeeshan View Post
    Hunt down the ones that're doing it an kill em, ez, no more ddos an they'd deserve it
    Szeeshan for president!

Mechagnome
    15+ Year Old Account
    Started happening literally exactly as I sat down in my chair after 12 hours of work, evidently. I'm sorry, everyone. This is my fault. These are the two hours I have before bed, and good old Murphy and his darn law has to shit all over it.
    Well excuuuse me, Princess.

You are now breathing manually.

Virgin brigade out renting botnets off people again to stall people's fun because their own feeble existence is about as exciting as rubbing yourself down with a rubber chicken.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Binki View Post
    Same as every previous expansion. People get dc'd, bombard Blizzard servers with login attempts, login servers crash.
    https://twitter.com/BlizzardCSEU_EN/...rc=twsrc%5Etfw

Two days ago.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by snaek View Post
    Started happening literally exactly as I sat down in my chair after 12 hours of work, evidently. I'm sorry, everyone. This is my fault. These are the two hours I have before bed, and good old Murphy and his darn law has to shit all over it.
    Same happened to me brother, it's all our fault

Quote Originally Posted by Tauror View Post
    Blizzard can't do shit.

But yes, it's a major DDoS attack.
    Well... they COULD, but since hiring hitmen are frowned upon in today's society, their really aren't many legal options for them. You need to understand that to Law Enforcement/NSA/FBI etc (even Blizzard to an extent), this type of thing is viewed as nothing more then a childish inconvenience. Top of the line hackers don't waste their time with neckbeard level spamming (which is basically what DDoS attacks are)

10+ Year Old Account
    Murphy had kebab again, the bastard.

Quote Originally Posted by Zenfoldor View Post
    They why don't they just DDOS all the time and shut Blizzard down? Why do they only do it sometimes if there is no retaliation or defense against it?
    Because launching a DDoS requires lots of resources and money

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Ehrenpanzer View Post
    Well... they COULD, but since hiring hitmen are frowned upon in today's society, their really aren't many legal options for them. You need to understand that to Law Enforcement/NSA/FBI etc (even Blizzard to an extent), this type of thing is viewed as nothing more then a childish inconvenience. Top of the line hackers don't waste their time with neckbeard level spamming (which is basically what DDoS attacks are)
    Pretty much.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by det View Post
    Right, then enlighten us, so we can give the information to Blizzard. As it stands, you cannot even type one sentence without fault, so I am holding my breath here. But I am willing to learn - so rock it out.
    lol just use cloudflares on server side and in game as well. and on every realm too. guess why ddosers cant ddos youtube,fb,twitter?? because of beter protect. blizzard just dont want to protect their games. blizzard is too greedy

10+ Year Old Account
    Directly from Blizzard EU CS twitter:

Some #WoW players may be experiencing latency or disconnections. We are investigating this now.

I laughed at the word "some"

Fcku this, its time for Battlefield 1 Beta

Quote Originally Posted by Luciferstwin View Post
    Because launching a DDoS requires lots of resources and money
    Lol..no..it really doesn't... I could do it from my computer, with my rural internet connection... it is neither hard nor is it expensive. Which is why it is usually very successful, but only for short periods of time

Quote Originally Posted by det View Post
    When 80 %of the realms read "population low" in the last days?

Or you people could inform yourselves how DDoS attacks work?
    Servers only state "Low" because they increased the cap on on servers.

I wouldnt even waste your time with HordeFanBoy. Hes a known troll who knows nothing... just go look at his recent posts lol

Quote Originally Posted by HordeFanboy View Post
    lol just use cloudflares on server side and in game as well. and on every realm too. guess why ddosers cant ddos youtube,fb,twitter?? because of beter protect. blizzard just dont want to protect their games. blizzard is too greedy
    And have 600 ms latency, no thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by Ehrenpanzer View Post
    Lol..no..it really doesn't... I could do it from my computer, with my rural internet connection... it is neither hard nor is it expensive. Which is why it is usually very successful, but only for short periods of time
    Look up the difference between DOS and DDOS.

Dude, I told a really awful joke last night before the servers just took a shit.

So it's your fault today, but I blame yesterday on myself.

Launch was still smooth. I probably had 3 hours out of all the hours since launch that were messy.

Quote Originally Posted by Metallourlante View Post
    Directly from Blizzard EU CS twitter:

Some #WoW players may be experiencing latency or disconnections. We are investigating this now.

I laughed at the word "some"
    Im not lagging or getting D/C'd.. So yes, it is affecting "some"

15+ Year Old Account
    "HEY GUIS LOOK AT ME I'M A HACKER"

-DDoSers
    2014 Gamergate: "If you want games without hyper sexualized female characters and representation, then learn to code!"
    2023: "What's with all these massively successful games with ugly (realistic) women? How could this have happened?!"