Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Vidget View Post
    It's exactly the same thing. Sure there are fewer missions but I still have to stop what I'm doing every 2 hours and go send followers on new missions. Maybe we'll get to a point at endgame where we can just ignore the damn thing but as for now it's just an annoyance.
    stop lying

Homophobia is so gay.

Quote Originally Posted by Vidget View Post
    It's exactly the same thing. Sure there are fewer missions but I still have to stop what I'm doing every 2 hours and go send followers on new missions. Maybe we'll get to a point at endgame where we can just ignore the damn thing but as for now it's just an annoyance.
    Agreed.

But Blizzard acts at a glacial pace so good luck with that haha.

10+ Year Old Account
    Nearby, preventing you from fast traveling.
    Had to send my bodyguard, Boros, away to do a stupid class mission. I won't have a bodyguard for twelve hours. Damn I hate mission tables.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Aeula View Post
    Had to send my bodyguard, Boros, away to do a stupid class mission. I won't have a bodyguard for twelve hours. Damn I hate mission tables.
    Now if I could send Boros to learn how to heal himself after each fight...

Quote Originally Posted by Mafic View Post
    Agreed.

But Blizzard acts at a glacial pace so good luck with that haha.
    So if you stop questing to go work the order hall missions, you are doing it wrong. The problem is your mind is OCD and cannot let the missions exist without starting them. I suggest understanding the games systems.

Quote Originally Posted by Pawstruck View Post
    Wooooo we got a few edgy keyboard warriors who know how to insult people here guys... que the "yo momma so fat" contest...

1. I've done enough of it to form the opinion that it is incredibly similar to garrison tables. It's the same code for fucks sake.

2. It is in fact true that you gain AP through table missions. So whether I "heard" that or not, it's true, so kindly gtfo.

Point is, system sucks, system returns, "you don't know what you want, you only think you do" design. Legion is phenomenally good and I'm enjoying it, so don't get all foaming-at-the-mouth fanboy on me. This, however, was a badd design decision from the beginning, and preserving it is a perpetuation of bad design.

Point is this is your opinion and nothing else. My opinion is the garrison table(s) were fine and quite good for the average majority of players and the new order hall one is similar but again is fine.

The only time I can see it becoming "boring" and it sucking is if your obsessed with "having to do all content, ALL of the time" bit like people who used to think LFR was mandatory and you had to do it.

Its not meant to be all encompassing just another small additional level of interaction. Simple, easy and quick and you get something from doing it you need.
    Science has made us gods even before we are worthy of being men: Jean Rostand. Yeah, Atheism is a religion like bald is a hair colour!.
    Classic: "The tank is the driver, the healer is the fuel, and the DPS are the kids sitting in the back seat screaming and asking if they're there yet."
    Irony >> "do they even realize that having a state religion IS THE REASON WE LEFT BRITTEN? god these people are idiots"

Let me guess OP. You pvp only right? You're too edgy to play the real game
    There is the sad paradox of a world which is more and more sensitive about being politically correct, almost to the point of ridicule, yet does not wish to acknowledge or to respect believers’ faith in God

They take less then 1 minute to do.... get over it.

Deleted
    I love it. A few and nice missions instead of the cluster*ck that were the garrisons. Much, much better.

Wooooo we got a few edgy keyboard warriors who know how to insult people here guys... que the "yo momma so fat" contest...

1. I've done enough of it to form the opinion that it is incredibly similar to garrison tables. It's the same code for fucks sake.

2. It is in fact true that you gain AP through table missions. So whether I "heard" that or not, it's true, so kindly gtfo.

Point is, system sucks, system returns, "you don't know what you want, you only think you do" design. Legion is phenomenally good and I'm enjoying it, so don't get all foaming-at-the-mouth fanboy on me. This, however, was a badd design decision from the beginning, and preserving it is a perpetuation of bad design.
    Give it a few months and people will learn how sinister the entire garrisons 3.0 aka order hall tables really are.

Deleted
    Seriously they became 100% optional already for me. I honestly dont mind doing them once or twice a day when I am back at my hall, upgrading my artifact. I ve never went back to the table while questing, cause why so? The only thing mandatory for me right now were the collect 5 items from my hall. Which took 4 hours, 8 hours, and then more than a day. All the other reward(whooop di dooo 195 gold, or 55 AP) were not needed. Get over your PTSD from Warlords, this is not mandatory. 10 mins doing something else in the world gives you 5x more than one of the missions, beside the couple of class quests there.

Honestly I feel like this topic is rapidly becoming just a troll bait, like asking about an acution house in dalaran.

10+ Year Old Account
    Land of the mighty moose, polar bears and fika.
    People that can't differentiate WoD mission tables where they ended up being your endgame outside of raids, and Legion mission tables that are fewer and something that should remain on the side, something you do inbetween picking up daily emissary quests etc

Way too many people that just sees similar UI and takes nothing else into consideration.
    Special kind of stupid.
    Active WoW player Jan 2006 - Aug 2020
    Occasional WoW Classic Andy since.
    Nothing lasts forever, as they say.
    But at least I can casually play Classic and remember when MMORPGs were good.

One of my friends was trying to tell me last night how he had looooved the mission table system and how he knew "a lot of people on a lot of forums" who loved it too.
    Is your friend also a scientologist?

More pointless bitching and moaning about a feature that is barely used... YAWN!

7+ Year Old Account
    With them taking so long to finish, it's incredibly acceptable.

There's way more other stuff to do.
    Quote Originally Posted by Venara
    Half this forum would be permanently banned if we did everything some of our users regularly demand or otherwise expect us to do.
    Actual blue mod response on doing what they volunteered to do. No wonder this place is infested.

Never had that many issues with the table design itself. Well, other than that it was pretty much the majority of my time spent on WoD.

These do not appear to be the case, thus I see little reason to complain about them. We'll see how the long-term content fares in Legion.

Basically, they took what worked about garrisons and rolled it into the new system. While the interface is similar, it's very different from the old "log in to do missions, log out, profit" system.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Drewbacca View Post
    Basically, they took what worked about garrisons and rolled it into the new system. While the interface is similar, it's very different from the old "log in to do missions, log out, profit" system.
    But, nothing worked about garrisons. Especially not the mission system.

Quote Originally Posted by bajskorv View Post
    But, nothing worked about garrisons. Especially not the mission system.
    If that's your opinion, then you should be glad that other than the initial "tutorial" missions, you don't really have to do them. Sure, the extra perks are nice, but you shouldn't be that behind if you neglect these, especially when compared to WoD's.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by lightofdawn View Post
    you're blind if you think itll be the same as a garrison. far fewer missions, far fewer followers, far fewer rewards. after a certain point it will become 100% optional
    So you're saying that they're exactly the same as the garrison mission table, but you can eventually ignore them?

Look; I was willing to give Blizzard the benefit of the doubt. I really was. I wasn't in beta, so had to trust the people that were telling me the order hall mission tables weren't like the garrison mission table, and that I shouldn't worry about the UI that I'd seen screenshots of. But then I logged in on launch and, sadly, they're exactly the same - the "less followers" part, more than made up for by having to put resources into squads that help your heroes out.

So far, so same.

But the worst part is that it is mandatory (as far as that term is used in gaming).

You can't develop your garrison order hall campaign without doing a succession of missions, some of which are eight hours long, and there's still some pretty cool stuff that your followers get to do that you, as a player, don't.

I'm thoroughly enjoying Legion, I think Blizzard have done a number of great things with it. But there are three big issues I have at the moment:

1) The class design is extremely poor in too many cases.
    2) There's no zone choice in levelling, because you need reputation to unlock world quests.

And, unsurprisingly:

3) The mission table.

It's just awful design, and should have been scrapped entirely. Facebook-esque click-UI menus have no business in an MMORPG.