Page 1 of 2
LastLast

[Highmountain Spoilers] Our New Guest, Spiritwalker Ebonhorn!

So I want to talk about Mr. Ebonhorn... AKA Ebyssian. The son of Deathwing, uncorrupted.

Sounds familiar? Yes, Wrathion. Well in the Alpha, they revealed the Ebonhorn was actually Wrathion in disguise. They mentioned before that Wrathion would "look a bit different" in Legion. However, since then, there is -zero- reference to Wrathion in Highmountain.

Now I'm wondering.. Are we getting a Wrathion retcon? Or is this actually part of a story? Is Ebyssian totally a new character? Or is he actually still Wrathion in disguise?

Understand that Wrathion, although always helpful in the past, was working towards helping the Horde take over the world, hence why Wrathion, Garrosh, and Kairozdormu started the events of Warlords of Draenor.

So Wrathion brought nothing but death and misery to many people during WoD.. SO obviously he wouldn't want to be seen by the Champions.. Wrathion was basically a villain at this point, despite his good intentions.

Now this is where I get tinfoily, as I do.
    Wrathion had the help of a Bronze Dragon to send Garrosh back, and this is a key part to my question.

Is it possible that Wrathion knew he couldn't be accepted as Wrathion anymore, and so he had Kairoz actually send him back in time, and so Wrathion started a new life as "Ebyssian" and "Spiritwalker Ebonhorn" ?

I understand there are very possible conflicts with this idea because Kairoz died during Nagrand, and although I've not seen it myself, I understand Wrathion does show up in Draenor at some point -VERY- briefly. Again, this is tinfoily, and we should consider retcons from Blizzard LIKE him being in Draenor.

(This would be better than them replacing Wrathion entirely in a big retcon.) Although, we just can't find out, and to those who don't delve into secrets, it may seem like just a new character that is taking Wrathion's place.

Thoughts? This is very speculative, but I think it's bad to have two uncorrupted, behind the scenes-esque Black Dragon characters..

I hope it isn't a retcon. Having an actual black dragon to rival wrathion would be way more interesting..

Quote Originally Posted by Haidaes View Post
    I hope it isn't a retcon. Having an actual black dragon to rival wrathion would be way more interesting..
    That's a neat idea too. I guess Wrathion could stay a villain character now.

10+ Year Old Account
    well pretty sure hes not Wrathion in disguise. Mayla has known Ebonhorn since she was a child. and wrathion is only like. 5 years old now?
    Omians- 70 Troll Enhancement shaman, Emerald Dream

Deleted
    Its no retcon, i think this part of neltharions lair wasnt going anywhere and wasnt really conected with the whole highmountain story (when it was wrathion).

Wrathion is probably going to come back with a new BIG plan that he has been thinking about all this time. Who knows being a black dragon aka earth guardians, maybe he got in contact with azeroth's titan like Magni.

Who knows :[

Quote Originally Posted by Omians View Post
    well pretty sure hes not Wrathion in disguise. Mayla has known Ebonhorn since she was a child. and wrathion is only like. 5 years old now?
    Fuck, I wish you could read, dude.. Then you might understand what I'm even trying to propose.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jurassic4LIFE View Post
    Fuck, I wish you could read, dude.. Then you might understand what I'm even trying to propose.
    yes i did read it. he would of had to of gotten his egg taken back or killed Ebonhorn and taken his place at early stages in life 10000 years ago
    Edit: then again its Ebonhorn telling the story and could of just made up the part of being hatched from huln
    Last edited by Omians; 2016-09-02 at 07:40 PM.

yes i did read it. he would of had to of gotten his egg taken back or killed Ebonhorn and taken his place at early stages in life 10000 years ago
    Edit: then again its Ebonhorn telling the story and could of just made up the part of being hatched from huln
    Okay, so you do understand.. And actually completely.. I didn't even have to mention the fact that he could be lying.

Apologies for my aggressive outburst.. It just seemed like you glossed over the "going back in time" part entirely, which was the biggest part.

10+ Year Old Account
    Okay, so you do understand.. And actually completely.. I didn't even have to mention the fact that he could be lying.

Apologies for my aggressive outburst.. It just seemed like you glossed over the "going back in time" part entirely, which was the biggest part.
    im running on a broke 4 hours of sleep and had to correct myself lol

7+ Year Old Account
    ebyssian being wrathion in disguise would be lame.
    very lame.
    under blizzard writing lame.

Formerly known as Arafal

10+ Year Old Account
    anyway. ya it could be wraithion. their personalities are different but he would of had 10000 years to act different

though i dont know if him going back in time would just cause a different time line. dont think it would alter the True timeline. depends if blizzard keeps with that same stuff that caused Draenor to come into play

anyway. ya it could be wraithion. their personalities are different but he would of had 10000 years to act different

though i dont know if him going back in time would just cause a different time line. dont think it would alter the True timeline. depends if blizzard keeps with that same stuff that caused Draenor to come into play
    WoD was pretty unique because of the Alternate Universe stuff. This does not -always- have to apply to time travel logic in World of Warcraft.

Quote Originally Posted by Arafal123 View Post
    ebyssian being wrathion in disguise would be lame.
    very lame.
    under blizzard writing lame.
    This was already Blizzard's idea actually.. So bite on that instead of trying to throw me under the bus of "under Blizzard writing lame."
    Man, do they ever get pretentious these days. Why don't you just stop trying to make people look dumb? I actually do it using facts, and not BS. Unless of course I say I'm likely wrong.. Which I often do! Because I'm not completely incompetent.

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't think he (Ebonhorn) is Wrathion. Something (a very easy to miss one line of dialogue) at the end of the questline in Highmountain (the dungeon bit) suggests the former has only just become aware of the latter and it has planted the seed of some future conflict between the two.
    A smart man puts his money on the horse with the best odds...a wise man doesn't waste his money gambling on an outcome he has no control over.
    A blog thing for you! http://yetisteaparty.blogspot.co.uk
    A youtube thinghttp://www.youtube.com/user/Teroseth/

7+ Year Old Account
    This was already Blizzard's idea actually..
    blizzards idea was that wrathion was supposed to be ebonhorn in disguise, which made no sense at all.

Formerly known as Arafal

Quote Originally Posted by Teroseth View Post
    I don't think he (Ebonhorn) is Wrathion. Something (a very easy to miss one line of dialogue) at the end of the questline in Highmountain (the dungeon bit) suggests the former has only just become aware of the latter and it has planted the seed of some future conflict between the two.
    I'll look into this more. Thank you for contributing a proper response to oppose the idea. This is all I actually want.

- - - Updated - - -

This thread can be locked now, it's served it's purpose.

I'm just ecstatic as f- that Blizzard made a powerful dragon who doesn't take the form of an elf or human.

As for OP. I'm certain Wrathion was removed. He was also involved in the Prot Warrior artifact quest and has been removed from that as well. I think Blizz just didn't want to use him right at the moment.

Deleted
    Whilst I actually like OPs idea, I also like the fact that Ebonhorn is a rival to Wrathion. The trouble with the idea Wrathion goes back in time and hides as a just hatching egg then masquerades for under 10,000 years doesn't really serve a purpose but to make Wrathion older than he is now and also if this had been the case with his knowledge of the future he would have been able to intervene against his father in numerous ways.

The idea almost ruins his character of being a adolescent prime black flight member who wants to put right the wrongs of his flight but seems to be just as blurred morally as all black dragons have been.

Deleted
    Blizzard made a statement about this on slootbags stream at gamescom on an interview with Ion:

In early alpha ebonhorn was revealed as wrathion.
    They later undid this because it made no sense since wration would habe been in pandaland and highmountain at the same time.
    They also said wration will show up this expansion in a later patch

Is it possible that Wrathion knew he couldn't be accepted as Wrathion anymore, and so he had Kairoz actually send him back in time, and so Wrathion started a new life as "Ebyssian" and "Spiritwalker Ebonhorn" ?
    Doubt it. Wrathion had no problems being accepted into admiral Taylor's garrison. Not to mention he made a brief appearance over Khadgar's tower at a point of time when Kairoz was long dead.

What I think is, Blizzard originally planned to weave Wrathion into the Legion storyline, but for whatever reason their plans changed, so they wrote him out of the story and came out with a different random uncorrupted dragon instead.

I doubt we'll get anything interesting out of this "new" dragon though, since he's interested in nothing but serving the Highmountain tribe. No ambitions, no long-term plans, nothing.
    Last edited by Trollokdamus; 2016-09-02 at 11:14 PM.

I think they're done with time travel personally (minus my theory on Turalyon being Anduin). They posted in one of the QnA that Wrathion was being removed because he didn't quite fit in with the story of Highmountain. Which, I like, because the reveal of Ebon was pretty damn awesome. I wouldn't call it a retcon, I just don't think Wrathion, as clever as he thinks he is, knows everything about everything. Ebon is way older, and has had plenty of time to hone his disguises.
    http://thingsihaveneverdone.wordpress.com
    Just started my 24/7 LoFi stream. Come listen!
    https://youtu.be/3uv1pLbpQM8