Thread: WoW Sub loss

Page 1 of 2
LastLast

WoW Sub loss

starting to think that this could be a good sign. a good thing. Maybe the game can progress foward without a big playerbase that cant handle the ways of this era gaming and community participating (wich is not a big thing these days since ppl have the tools to not be interacting all day with kids on a trade chat and because that they can save life time and enjoy real content of the game).

So when a player say "this is wrong because million of ppl unsubbed because this" Maybe if something that we can be glad about.

Toughts?

pd: dont mean to be rude, my bad english maybe make you think so.

short story: Im a veteran Battlefield 2 player, loved the meta and everything on it. When BF3 released it destroyed all the playerbase of bf2 and in a couple of months we "the old players" were the only left ingame. So game barely died.
    i hated bf3 because it was nothing compared for me.
    but after some time i realized that i was hating the game just because isnt what i used to play. AKA another game-xpac.
    in conclusion...never joined bf3 forums to complain about how bad is it in compare to bf2 (aka vanilla).
    Last edited by shonist; 2016-09-02 at 08:13 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yes and No.

For your reasoning, you obviously see the benefit of having less players.

For Blizzard, less player means less money. While the game isn't exactly going to shut itself down anytime soon, the amount of money it brings in will determine the amount of resource it gets, especially for a game that had been out so long, if less and less players are playing (paying for) the game, eventually it will get to a point upper management cannot justify the amount of resource which will lead to job losses and such, which in turn could potentially harm your experience as the quality of the content might suffer.

7+ Year Old Account
    Blizzard's sub numbers are up and down and while they have been slowly declining their profits are actually up year-to-year. Not to mention Legion is currently a huge hit and sub numbers are probably through the roof right now. That is my own speculation; no one has access to those numbers anymore.

My point is that there aren't as many people missing from the game as you might think there is.

People care way too much about what other people are doing these days. There is really no worthwhile reason to give any fucks about subs.

Quote Originally Posted by mistahwilshire View Post
    People care way too much about what other people are doing these days. There is really no worthwhile reason to give any fucks about subs.
    This, if it gets less and less their new "Shard" system will cover it more. It doesn't effect you much at all. I personally liked it when it died down a little.

Quote Originally Posted by SteveRocks View Post
    Legion is currently a huge hit and sub numbers are probably through the roof right now. That is my own speculation; no one has access to those numbers anymore.
    Haha, yea if "through the roof" = ~4m I guess Legion is a smash hit.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Roadblock View Post
    Haha, yea if "through the roof" = ~4m I guess Legion is a smash hit.
    On what planet do created demon hunters=active subscribers???

Those stats are from the pre-patch event! lol I hope that was a joke attempt
    Last edited by SteveRocks; 2016-09-02 at 08:56 PM.

Deleted
    A single realm supports tens of thousands of people.

WoW has millions of people.

Subscription losses mean nothing. As long as there's at least a hundred thousand players in WoW, and as long as Blizzard can merge realms, subscription numbers mean absolutely nothing to your gaming experience.

It's all in your head.

As long as they do not report sub numbers, you know its really bad.

Quote Originally Posted by ReleaseDay View Post
    As long as my house isn't flooded, no buildings are flooded anywhere on Earth.

Except that's really not how logic works.
    How joyous to be in such a place! Where phishing is not only allowed, it is encouraged!

On what planet do created demon hunters=active subscribers???

Those stats are from the pre-patch event! lol I hope that was a joke attempt
    Use the brain Luke
    When were DH available? It's obvious they've rolled in numbers covering Launch period.

Not to mention Legion is currently a huge hit and sub numbers are probably through the roof right now.
    This roof?

7+ Year Old Account
    Use the brain Luke
    When were DH available? It's obvious they've rolled in numbers covering Launch period.
    The 4mil demon hunters reflect the number of Legion prepurchases not active subscribers... How is it obvious they rolled in any numbers?

Less resources for the developer is never a good thing.

WoD took subs from 10 million to under 5 million. My guess is they are sitting between 5-6 million now, it will go up for a bit because of the new expansion, and then drop off like last time to somewhere around 4 million over the next year.

Quote Originally Posted by ReleaseDay View Post
    Nah, even if they started to do good and decided to report they would just have egg on their face and look real fucking stupid. Those will almost certainly never get reported again. The amount of time that would have to pass I think would eventually kill WoW off.

- - - Updated - - -

Use the brain Luke
    Okay I have used it and it's told me that only pre-purchases got to make demon hunters. It also told me that not everyone who prepurchased made a demon hunter, it also told me that some people might have made multiple demon hunters....seems like my brain is working fine.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Oftenwrongsoong View Post
    WoD took subs from 10 million to under 5 million. My guess is they are sitting between 5-6 million now, it will go up for a bit because of the new expansion, and then drop off like last time to somewhere around 4 million over the next year.
    Listen we don't need your god damn logic and realistic numbers, this is MMO-C where only over exaggeration, hyperbole and a healthy victim complex gets you listened to.

WoD took subs from 10 million to under 5 million.
    Technically it took subs from 7.4 million to 5.5 million (going by the last released numbers), because it was also WoD that briefly brought it up to 10. Pretending otherwise is just cherry-picking data.

Quote Originally Posted by DarkTZeratul View Post
    Technically it took subs from 7.4 million to 5.5 million (going by the last released numbers), because it was also WoD that briefly brought it up to 10. Pretending otherwise is just cherry-picking data.
    Oh, in that case we probably are sitting at about 7.4 million again as they said Legion sub increase was on par with WoD.

Caveat: I heard that here, I can not confirm, do not take as fact.

Quote Originally Posted by Hexxidecimal View Post
    Oh, in that case we probably are sitting at about 7.4 million again as they said Legion sub increase was on par with WoD.
    I'd say that's a reasonable assumption.

Deleted
    Depends on what Legion does well. WoD got good sub numbers because the first month or so were awesome but lack of content forced players to just quit. Second, if Legion has longlasting content, subs will be much higher. Lastly, this expansion seems to have way more effort in it than WoD so that could help bring the sub numbers expectation higher.