Quote Originally Posted by Jalopy View Post
    I hate arms so much.

FR is dumb.
    Mastery being like 3x the next stat dumb.
    Not being able to play fury because I've already invested so much in arms artifact and it's not good in PVP sucks.

Celestalon is retarded.
    Aye lad, I'll drink to that.

Quote Originally Posted by Ellianar View Post
    No, ilvl on relics are everything. Who cares about 10% more rage for tactician when you can reliably increase your dps on ALL attacks + get some stats ?
    20 ilvl difference on relic is hardly 6 ilvl on weapon though so its completely possible for EoTW relics to come out ahead/equal in 20ish ilvl difference

Quote Originally Posted by Rafalga View Post
    20 ilvl difference on relic is hardly 6 ilvl on weapon though so its completely possible for EoTW relics to come out ahead/equal in 20ish ilvl difference
    Nah, 1 relic ilvl = 1 weapon ilvl

Deleted
    Icy veins shows FR arms 4+ rotation to be cooldowns and then cleave+whirlwind spam. Yet that yields shit dps, especially if you've specced sweeping strikes. What's up with that

Also the FAQ rotation shows to prioritize MS if shattered defenses is up, yet the icy veins rotation simply tells you to always CS when it's up no questions asked. Another difference is execute usage, icy veins says to exclude it completely but FAQ says to spam it instead of slam during battle cry / if at 60+ rage and target has CS. I assume in both cases the FAQ rotation is correct and icy veins is overly simplified and/or misinformed?

Quote Originally Posted by Jalopy View Post
    I hate arms so much.

FR is dumb.
    Mastery being like 3x the next stat dumb.
    Not being able to play fury because I've already invested so much in arms artifact and it's not good in PVP sucks.

Celestalon is retarded.
    this post almost made me spit out my drink, good stuff

Quote Originally Posted by Ellianar View Post
    Nah, 1 relic ilvl = 1 weapon ilvl
    Actually it's 1 weapon ilvl / 4-5 relic ilvls. It shows right on the relic tooltip.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Machine View Post
    Icy veins shows FR arms 4+ rotation to be cooldowns and then cleave+whirlwind spam. Yet that yields shit dps, especially if you've specced sweeping strikes. What's up with that
    Because it's not worth making a separate section for every target breakpoint. If you have a lot of targets (ie: 4+), you can switch to simply cleave/ww. Keep in mind that FR isn't built for multi-target, so if you're trying to use it for mass AoE, you're doing it wrong from the start.

Also the FAQ rotation shows to prioritize MS if shattered defenses is up, yet the icy veins rotation simply tells you to always CS when it's up no questions asked. Another difference is execute usage, icy veins says to exclude it completely but FAQ says to spam it instead of slam during battle cry / if at 60+ rage and target has CS. I assume in both cases the FAQ rotation is correct and icy veins is overly simplified and/or misinformed?
    Because they're different ways of writing. IV is a priority list, the FAQ is simply saying "use MS if Shattered Defenses". If you're following IV's priority list, you'll never not consume SD before using CS again, so it's still correct to put CS first in the priority.

Regarding Execute, the FAQ is outdated. Execute > Slam during Battle Cry and rage is irrelevant due to AM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Archimtiros View Post
    If you're following IV's priority list, you'll never not consume SD before using CS again, so it's still correct to put CS first in the priority.
    Not true, if you colossus smash and press FR while the GCD is rolling and it procs tactician you now have both CS and MS off cooldown, and shattered defenses up. Not too uncommon of a scenario during battle cry

Regarding Execute, the FAQ is outdated. Execute > Slam during Battle Cry and rage is irrelevant due to AM.
    I'm confused, how do you use execute outside battle cry?

Oh yeah i'm retarded, was thinking about the +ilvl stats on the relic not the ilvl of the relic itself...

Not true, if you colossus smash and press FR while the GCD is rolling and it procs tactician you now have both CS and MS off cooldown, and shattered defenses up. Not too uncommon of a scenario during battle cry

you dont lol

- - - Updated - - -

Feeling a little better about FR again. Doing like 200k on single target bosses and pooping on my friends. Still usually fury for trash though

I leveled as arms and after 1h at 110 I already feel like I hate FR.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Hextor View Post
    I leveled as arms and after 1h at 110 I already feel like I hate FR.
    Seems like not many like it, me included. I dislike having abilities on their own separate GCD especially when you need to mash buttons like you do with arms. It's also really RNG heavy and sometimes you just feel like a wet noodle. Over 1m MS crits that cleave are pretty neat though but I seriously hope they buff the other talents / fury

I'm just hoping they buff the other options at this point. I don't expect them to be on par, but closer to FR than they are now.

I never said take lower ilv relics with exploit on them. I merely said the spec feels much better with +6 exploit and almost feels mandatory especially if all we do is stack mastery.

Deleted
    Got a few general questions. Mostly just for research and reasoning for the basics. Perhaps people might give some enlightment. While others might still seek for answers behind these.

-Is it worth to use CS procs during Deadly Calm to get shattered def up or is it better to keep spamming attacks. And reapply cs once it's over. (Mostly applies with the execute phase.)

-Is it worth to dump rage with Execute over Slam or even MS when rage gets too high?

-Is it worth to use cleave against 3 targets? If so. What about 2?

-Is it worth to whirlwind instead of slam vs 2 targets?

-How much %ish of a damage increase is FoB over slam vs a single target? (Just for the sake to compare it vs rend which avg around 10-15% of my total damage.)

-Again about rend. It feels more like a single target ability now since cs uptime is crucial for it's damage. Or is it worth spreading over using whirlwind instead? (I know its underwhelming right now. But just in case it gets buffed.)

-When speaking of running Mythic(+ in the future) dungeons. What spec would be the best mix between single target and aoe? (If FR is the answer please also mention another optional spec.)

Ofcourse the answers can be based on the point where our artifact / Relics are now. If you feel some might change once we get more of the artifact. (Mostly applies to getting the aoe traits and Focus in Battle.)
    Last edited by mmoc00cfd16bb2; 2016-09-03 at 01:24 AM.

Very small chance of that, only when/if they overlap and FR isn't already at 3 stacks. Writing guides is about simplicity; you're obviously smart enough to understand how on/off GCD abilities overlap, you're smart enough to understand what the guide is saying without detailing 18 different if/when steps. The point is still the same: Getting the buff up is the most important priority.

Generally you don't.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Pinka View Post
    Got a few general questions. Mostly just for research and reasoning for the basics. Perhaps people might give some enlightment. While others might still seek for answers behind these.

-Is it worth to use CS procs during Deadly Calm to get shattered def up or is it better to keep spamming attacks. And reapply cs once it's over. (Mostly applies with the execute phase.)

-Is it worth to dump rage with Execute over Slam or even MS when rage gets too high?

-Is it worth to use cleave against 3 targets? If so. What about 2?

-Is it worth to whirlwind instead of slam vs 2 targets?

-How much %ish of a damage increase is FoB over slam vs a single target? (Just for the sake to compare it vs rend which avg around 10-15% of my total damage.)

-Again about rend. It feels more like a single target ability now since cs uptime is crucial for it's damage. Or is it worth spreading over using whirlwind instead? (I know its underwhelming right now. But just in case it gets buffed.)

-When speaking of running Mythic(+ in the future) dungeons. What spec would be the best mix between single target and aoe? (If FR is the answer please also mention another optional spec.)

Ofcourse the answers can be based on the point where our artifact / Relics are now. If you feel some might change once we get more of the artifact. (Mostly applies to getting the aoe traits and Focus in Battle.)
    1. Yes, it's always worth putting up CS. You're only spamming attacks (Slam) during DC to get CS/MS back up anyways, not really for its damage.

2. Depends what you're comparing it to. Compared to FR, no. Compared to the normal rotation, yes. 2 targets is more or less neutral, with a slight edge to Cleave.

3. Yes.

4. Dunno, fluctuates with gear, artifact investment, etc, but it's better than Rend. That's what sims are for.

5. There are only two builds for Arms, FR and no-FR, so there's your answer.

What's considered the best guide for Arms? I've looked at IcyVeins, Curoar's guide on Battle.net, and Sarri's FAQ post, and they seem to all have conflicting information. Which should I be using?

Deleted
    So let's say CS is on the target, Shaterred defense is down and I get a tactician proc. Would I rather press MS or CS ? I'll go for CS personnally

edit: with FR build

Quote Originally Posted by Tazdinger View Post
    So let's say CS is on the target, Shaterred defense is down and I get a tactician proc. Would I rather press MS or CS ? I'll go for CS personnally

edit: with FR build
    You CS for SD if SD is down, then MS.

Very small chance of that, only when/if they overlap and FR isn't already at 3 stacks. Writing guides is about simplicity; you're obviously smart enough to understand how on/off GCD abilities overlap, you're smart enough to understand what the guide is saying without detailing 18 different if/when steps. The point is still the same: Getting the buff up is the most important priority.
    Simplicity might be important for guides but it can lead to misunderstanding things if overdone. Look at the priority list for example. 1. Charge, 2. CS, 3. Warbreaker. So if I was new to the warrior class i would charge the boss, press CS and then Warbreaker - which is bad. And you don't need to formulate 18 different if/when steps to clarify that one shouldn't waste the Shattered Defenses buff, which in my opinion is vital informationen. Sarri's list isn't that much longer but way more precise.

Deleted
    Ok that's what I thought, and if SD is on the target, would you wait for 3x FR before using MS ? this will cost only 1 GCD if played properly