Deleted

[SPOILERS] Is there something I am missing regarding Azshara's role?

It appears that the general idea people who played Beta got was that Azshara might have a potential involvement down the line in Legion.

Now I have done Aszuna (at lv109 so bear in mind that I haven't gone to Suramar yet), the more I think about it the more I consider that this arc was just a side arc that foreshadows Azshara's involvement in a future expansion, and that like in Cataclysm she won't make any other appearances. Back then, people speculated that Azshara will be involved one way or another after Darkshore and Vashjir, but also nothing happened there.

That and Azsuna made me think that, those far between apperances are only teasers or foreshadowing for something greater to come, especially one line Azshara told Farondis during the final leg of the questing experience there.

So, why are people getting the vibe of further involvement? I really don't feel it, and most likely I have always thought we are giong to get Azshara and her Old God masters as central villains anyway. Anything I am missing or yet to come across?

Thanks.

Azshara's warning to Farondis was taken care of in the Eye of Azshara dungeon. She laughs and says "you will soon see my wrath". The final boss of the dungeon is called "Wrath of Azshara". That's it, really.

10+ Year Old Account
    Epic Premium
    I am of the mind that Azshara's presence in Aszuna is a possible "tease" of the next expansion, going into her further designs for Azeroth. Unsure if she'll have further presence in Legion, but I'm somehow doubting it based on how little she factors into the overall plot.
    "We're more of the love, blood, and rhetoric school. Well, we can do you blood and love without the rhetoric, and we can do you blood and rhetoric without the love, and we can do you all three concurrent or consecutive. But we can't give you love and rhetoric without the blood. Blood is compulsory. They're all blood, you see." ― Tom Stoppard, Rosencrantz and Guildenstern are Dead

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Humbugged View Post
    Azshara's warning to Farondis was taken care of in the Eye of Azshara dungeon. She laughs and says "you will soon see my wrath". The final boss of the dungeon is called "Wrath of Azshara". That's it, really.
    Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    I am of the mind that Azshara's presence in Aszuna is a possible "tease" of the next expansion, going into her further designs for Azeroth. Unsure if she'll have further presence in Legion, but I'm somehow doubting it based on how little she factors into the overall plot.
    See? This is what I mean. I even did the dungeon for the Pillar of Creation (Tidestone of ... I know his name but I don't know how to spell it.)

That's my point actually, what you both are saying. I feel like this story is done for now, and yet there seems to be this idea in the heads of people that Azshara will be a raid tier boss mid Legion (alongside or without) N'zoth.

All I see from it myself is foreshadowing for her own expansion.

Quote Originally Posted by Kalecgos the Spellweaver View Post
    See? This is what I mean. I even did the dungeon for the Pillar of Creation (Tidestone of ... I know his name but I don't know how to spell it.)

That's my point actually, what you both are saying. I feel like this story is done for now, and yet there seems to be this idea in the heads of people that Azshara will be a raid tier boss mid Legion (alongside or without) N'zoth.

Buddy ol' Pal, Azshara has been a requested boss in WoW since Vanilla. Not even kidding, I remember threads concerning "what is the next raid in WoW?" before BC was announced. Azshara, Lich King and Emerald Dream were always at the top of that list.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Humbugged View Post
    Buddy ol' Pal, Azshara has been a requested boss in WoW since Vanilla. Not even kidding, I remember threads concerning "what is the next raid in WoW?" before BC was announced. Azshara, Lich King and Emerald Dream were always at the top of that list.
    This much I know. I have been asking for Azshara right after Cataclysm, since she completes a full circle of notable major villains with Illidan, Arthas and Daval Prestor/Deathwing. Then we got MoP and when I saw pirate ships in the Timeless Isle, I thought we are definitely getting Azshara in a South Seas expansion next since we are LITERALLY south.

This much I know. I have been asking for Azshara right after Cataclysm, since she completes a full circle of notable major villains with Illidan, Arthas and Daval Prestor/Deathwing. Then we got MoP and when I saw pirate ships in the Timeless Isle, I thought we are definitely getting Azshara in a South Seas expansion next since we are LITERALLY south.
    I just hope she gets her own expansion. Nothing would be dirtier than making the most requested raid boss still left in WoW as some mid-tier side story.

also azshara naga model isn't revealed only the elf one (the naga one is just a shadow).
    Quote Originally Posted by caervek View Post
    Obviously this issue doesn't affect me however unlike some raiders I don't see the point in taking satisfaction in this injustice, it's wrong, just because it doesn't hurt me doesn't stop it being wrong, the player base should stand together when Blizzard do stupid shit like this not laugh at the ones being victimised.

Well what else are they going to do for the mid tier?

The Nightmare, Gul'Dan and the mini Stormhiem Raid have all been announced as 7.0-7.1 content. What else can they do for 7.2? Maybe something with High mountain?

Azashra has the gravitas to headline her own expansion...but that doesn't mean Blizz is going to give it to her (phrasing).

Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gawdzilla View Post
    Well what else are they going to do for the mid tier?

The Nightmare, Gul'Dan and the mini Stormhiem Raid have all been announced as 7.0-7.1 content. What else can they do for 7.2? Maybe something with High mountain?

Azashra has the gravitas to headline her own expansion...but that doesn't mean Blizz is going to give it to her (phrasing).
    Been some talk about going to argus, afther doing the quest in the exodar myself and considering the story with the golden amy.
    Azshara was just a tease and we will see more, but there is enough until we see her for Legion content realy.

Quote Originally Posted by bufferunderrun View Post
    also azshara naga model isn't revealed only the elf one (the naga one is just a shadow).
    It's just a big version of the standard boss naga model. Her "real" model should be something more like Helya.

Besides, Blizzard has said before that she's to big to play a side role.

Deleted
    Of course Azshara has enough caliber to carry an expansion alongside N'zoth. Actually, I think the dark themes would be on the same level of Cataclysm.

I only saw this expansion ending one of two ways.

1. We kill Aszhara & release N'zoth in the final patch. (Don't see it unfolding now I've actually tried Legion)
    2. We go to argus and fuck shit up.

I'm so relieved its looking like Aszhara will still be present in her own focused expansion with N'zoth, but I'm really hoping I'm wrong & Argus won't just be patch material.

Quote Originally Posted by Nibelheimy View Post
    2. We go to argus and fuck shit up.
    Didn't Chilton say in one of the interviews something like "future content patches will send us further from Azeroth"?

10+ Year Old Account
    Azshara may be a bad ass character from the warcraft series leading up to WoW, but there isnt enough story to push a whole entire expansion under her wing.

we have plenty of bad ass characters from the series as well that don't have their own major expac stories...she's only good for a tier raid update.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Darkrulerxxx View Post
    Azshara may be a bad ass character from the warcraft series leading up to WoW, but there isnt enough story to push a whole entire expansion under her wing.

we have plenty of bad ass characters from the series as well that don't have their own major expac stories...she's only good for a tier raid update.

She is a badass alright, but that isn't the reason why she can carry an expansion.

You are talking about a very mysterious character for a starter; who knows what she has been up to in the dark?

Second, she has the backing of N'zoth. That on his own can carry a raid tier.

Third, you are talking legions above legions of naga, Highborne and Old God minions to introduce which could result in a very rich lore.

Fourth, you can address the Pirates Island, Kul Tiras and Kezan.

Potentially, you can shove in an alliance/hostility story between Zandalar and Azshara.

I think this thing actually has potential.

7+ Year Old Account
    There's definitely enough for an Azshara expansion. The naga have an entire civilization below and little to the west-ish to the Maelstrom -- Nazjatar. It would not all have to be underwater like Vashj'ir; the devs could put it in a large dome or something for game play purposes.

Add Azshara, N'Zoth and so of the seafaring nations like Kul Tiras as @Kalecgos the Spellweaver suggested, it could potentially be quite a meaty experience.