Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    I mean mainly its rogues and Hunters that I run into, that give me such problems in Mythic dungeons. But yeah over any extended amount of time, Fire settles around like 130k-150k dps on solely Single target. thats easily like 30k-40k dps behind most of those other classes that I run with. But like some of you said, maybe it just scales extremely well with gear i'm currently sitting at 826

BTW, Cinderstorm is very strong, but hazardous to use in dungeons... not sure why they designed it so that it flies off and hits mobs through walls and 50 yds away. Becomes a liability in certain dungeons (Black Rook, Maw of Souls, etc) where it's almost unusable because of the aggro. Blizz should fix it so that it does not aggro mobs you're not in combat with, similar to Starfall.

Quote Originally Posted by Ellsian View Post
    Latest sim shows fire slightly low in single target, but the sims are probably unfinished/buggy since the expac is still so new and they're working on models. Take with a grain of salt:

http://www.simulationcraft.org/reports/Raid_T19P.html
    patchwerk sims are worthless.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Ellsian View Post
    Latest sim shows fire slightly low in single target, but the sims are probably unfinished/buggy since the expac is still so new and they're working on models. Take with a grain of salt:

http://www.simulationcraft.org/reports/Raid_T19P.html
    If you're implying that Fire is supposedly the best but the sims aren't finished yet I don't think that's true. People misunderstood the main reason most theorycrafting mages go fire. They don't go to it because it is OP compared to all other classes, they go to it because they consider it the best between the three specs in the class itself.

we are just fine. pulling over 1m burst aoe and 600k single bursts with 828 %39 crit shit gear. just practice with timing and cycle your cooldowns. you can rop every pack in myhtic and combust between two packs. my only issue spec is too borng with low crit

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Curnivore View Post
    If you're implying that Fire is supposedly the best but the sims aren't finished yet I don't think that's true. People misunderstood the main reason most theorycrafting mages go fire. They don't go to it because it is OP compared to all other classes, they go to it because they consider it the best between the three specs in the class itself.
    aye, fire in itself is more fun and more smooth than the other spec but with that said, fire do well in dungeons from what ive seen, altho that was in 875 ilvl gear and almost full artifact, talking about doing 400k+ dps single target in mythic +10/12 dungeons, so its hardly weak, but you wont aoe demon hunters on aoe unless you pop all your cds.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zanaku View Post
    I mean mainly its rogues and Hunters that I run into, that give me such problems in Mythic dungeons. But yeah over any extended amount of time, Fire settles around like 130k-150k dps on solely Single target. thats easily like 30k-40k dps behind most of those other classes that I run with. But like some of you said, maybe it just scales extremely well with gear i'm currently sitting at 826
    Rogues are pretty broken and Hunters seem to be as well, at least they did high damage when I played with them. Not too surprising to see that they're outshining other classes. Mages are overall fine right now and you'll be getting better with more gear and additional traits in your artifact.

Quote Originally Posted by Bigbazz
    MMO champion for example used to be the center of WoW theorycrafting

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lokrei View Post
    Crazy aoe? Shove out any melee or hunter to that group and you wont win them. You wont be bad, but they will beat you.
    Only DH has beat me, which triggers me, faceroll rotation and tops dps

Conflag + Rune + Flame On + Flame Patch + Cinder/Meteor is gg

just manage your Fire Blast and Phoenix's Flame charges and Flame on right and you win

Blizz said "it is OK for melee to be stronger in 5mans" and it is true. We can compete with them on big packs with all CDs up, we cannot compete with them on small packs or without CDs. Single target boss damage is comparable, as soon as there are packs of adds to burst it is usually gg.

But it doesn't really matter, what matters is what it is going to look like when we are progressing mythic or heroic Nightmare.

Quote Originally Posted by nordark View Post
    we are just fine. pulling over 1m burst aoe and 600k single bursts with 828 %39 crit shit gear. just practice with timing and cycle your cooldowns. you can rop every pack in myhtic and combust between two packs. my only issue spec is too borng with low crit
    Came in to say this. If you're not on top you're doing it wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by Bullarkie View Post
    Came in to say this. If you're not on top you're doing it wrong.
    \

You must not be playing with any good Demonhunters.
    Hi Sephurik

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by kheath812 View Post
    patchwerk sims are worthless.
    No they aren't. Not at all. They don't represent what actually happens in most fights, but they're perfect for showing the raw damage output of each spec. You then use your knowledge of each spec to determine how a particular fight affects it.

Doing fine. I usually top boss dps. On trash, without CD, I can't compare with DH/UH/Hunter, but with CD, I could beat them handily. So it evens out.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by HTowN View Post
    Doing fine. I usually top boss dps. On trash, without CD, I can't compare with DH/UH/Hunter, but with CD, I could beat them handily. So it evens out.
    yeah thats what im seeing as well, dh is basically made to do aoe.

Quote Originally Posted by Volitar View Post
    \

You must not be playing with any good Demonhunters.
    No one gives a shit if a Demon Hunter pops Fury of the illidari, Eye Beam, and Blade dance in one go to top a trash pack. Is that not ok? That is allowed to happen. Fire Mages don't need to top every trash pack. Conversely, Pop combustion and you'll be beating basically anyone, which you can do every few trash pulls. Like, Fire has the tools to do very high damage consistently, and massive damage on cooldown. Those aoe classes won't touch a Fire mage single target, either.

Also people talk about Cooldowns, but Demon Hunters and Monks have like 45- 1 min cd abilities which do all their damage, which is obviously good for Trash packs. That's just how it works. Combustion is longer, but probably better overall, so yeah it balances.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Sarkol View Post
    No one gives a shit if a Demon Hunter pops Fury of the illidari, Eye Beam, and Blade dance
    What? That's a 1min CD, a 45 seconds CD, and a 10 sec CD. Should they delete their class as well for you to top them?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Curnivore View Post
    What? That's a 1min CD, a 45 seconds CD, and a 10 sec CD. Should they delete their class as well for you to top them?
    What he is saying is the moment they blow their load they are kings, but then they are shit until their CDs back up.

That is true in many cases, but remains to be seen if it balances it for the raids.

The problem of course is Mythic+ which allows non-trivial gear drops with dungeon mechanics, that's the issue and I hope casters will be able to keep up there because except for hunters all the casters seem to have this AoE sustain but shit burst method.

That said some seem to avoid this "rule" as in they can burst like mad but still got sustain. I am not sure if it is oversight or some new melee perk to make them preferred to (most) ranged as a trade off for general ranged flexibility.
    Last edited by Gaidax; 2016-09-03 at 01:19 PM.

st bosses and up to +2 rarely anyone goes above me, solid 250-300k. 2 things i find annoying:

1) if u want proper ST or proper AE, u need to swap talents and to do that just for a mythic which are currently a joke...i just stick with ST talents and do what i can on trash
    2) opener is strongest with 3x PF but not using it on trash just feels wrong, so usually i have to ask my groups to always wait almost 2 minutes before final boss.

Quote Originally Posted by Gaidax View Post
    That said some seem to avoid this "rule" as in they can burst like mad but still got sustain. I am not sure if it is oversight or some new melee perk to make them preferred to (most) ranged as a trade off for general ranged flexibility.
    Really will be interested to see if this is their intent--and if it is, whether it works or not. They are going to have to do something. There were too many melee BEFORE demon hunters and it really is better to have more ranged in raids, even the heroic raids I run.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Gaidax View Post
    What he is saying is the moment they blow their load they are kings, but then they are shit until their CDs back up.
    What I'm saying is a 60 second cycle is almost no downtime to dungeon content that is challenging. It's basically up every single pack. A 2 minute cycle is tricky since it will be very often on CD at a pull.