Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    What they are trying to do is akin to living near an ant nest and running around killing off individual ants, instead of going ahead and just leveling the damn nest, to remove the cause of the problem. :/
    Quote Originally Posted by King Candy View Post
    I can't explain it because I'm an idiot, and I have to live with that post for the rest of my life. Better to just smile and back away slowly. Ignore it so that it can go away.
    Thanks for the avatar goes to Carbot Animations and Sy.

Deleted
    "The only necessary speech are opinions that I agree with, your differing opinions are like harassment and abuse to me and should be silenced in the name of safety"

various terms that some people might find offensive, presenting scenarios such as saying “he looks like a terrorist” to someone who is “a United States veteran;” using the phrase “that’s so ghetto” around someone who “grew up in poverty;” and commenting that an “exam just raped me” in the presence of “a survivor of sexual assault.”

Okay, if there's a girl who is a victim of rape and you say "that exam just raped me" I can see how that's hurtful, it's opening a wound. But saying someone looks like a terrorist or something is ghetto? I would say get over it.

Being sensitive toward someone who's suffered a trauma is a good thing. A friend's dad died of a heart attack, not long after I was relating a story to him and said something like "I damn near had a heart attack", yes it hurt him. I apologized profusely, obviously I was wrong to do that.

I guess what I'm saying is it depends how severe the aggression is and the situation.

"This will be a fight against overwhelming odds from which survival cannot be expected. We will do what damage we can."

-- Capt. Copeland

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Hubcap View Post
    Okay, if there's a girl who is a victim of rape and you say "that exam just raped me" I can see how that's hurtful, it's opening a wound. But saying someone looks like a terrorist or something is ghetto? I would say get over it.
    Because you are a racist and you are incapable of emphathizing with people of a different race or faith.

Quote Originally Posted by advanta View Post
    Because you are a racist and you are incapable of emphathizing with people of a different race or faith.
    Hi advanta, how you doing tonight?

"This will be a fight against overwhelming odds from which survival cannot be expected. We will do what damage we can."

-- Capt. Copeland

10+ Year Old Account
    Disagreeing with someone else's beliefs doesn't make you racist. And when did he even mention race at all? Is it the terrorist thing? Because I've been told that exact thing before for wearing a scarf over my mouth.

I really just came here to see the list of words to avoid. May be some new ones I can learn and use in the future

Quote Originally Posted by Fincayra View Post
    Whether you think it's hilarious or not, living in a stressful environment DOES compromise your immune system.
    And we already know (through basic research) that these methods (anxiety avoidance, fear-monger trigger warnings) do not work, if anything they do harm and hinder. Not only that but it makes everyone build the fourth wall of race/gender between each other. I now have to consider every asian person to be asian first and foremost (w/e that means) instead of just assuming they're a human being.

Want to trigger social anxiety? Get them to be terrified of meeting someone from a different race and constantly aware of their EVERY micro expression and possible word that would inevitably get twisted around because of SJ ideology and propaganda.
    Last edited by Kraenen; 2016-09-02 at 11:32 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    you fool! your agression will anger the gods and they will deliver sickness to us. you have doomed us all!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by May90 View Post
    What they are trying to do is akin to living near an ant nest and running around killing off individual ants, instead of going ahead and just leveling the damn nest, to remove the cause of the problem. :/
    Burn down Rutgers... Great idea, why hasn't anyone thought of it before! I'll bring the fuel, you bring the lighter!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Belize View Post
    Burn down Rutgers... Great idea, why hasn't anyone thought of it before! I'll bring the fuel, you bring the lighter!
    The nest is not Rutgers in this case though.
    Quote Originally Posted by King Candy View Post
    I can't explain it because I'm an idiot, and I have to live with that post for the rest of my life. Better to just smile and back away slowly. Ignore it so that it can go away.
    Thanks for the avatar goes to Carbot Animations and Sy.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by May90 View Post
    The nest is not Rutgers in this case though.
    .... Mizzou?

Quote Originally Posted by chrisnumbers View Post
    It just hit me.
    The government is holding young people back intellectually to keep them from growing up and making their own decisions. If they're too stupid to be adults, the government can make them do whatever they want.
    I guess that's called brainwashing. Rutgers and many other universities/colleges are brainwashing their students to keep them childish. Children need to be controlled, adults don't.

RIP free world
    It's hardly brainwashing when it's being pushed by those children. They've just grown up and gained more influence. People would much rather not be accountable for their own actions, and be "victims" whenever they can.
    Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    Having the authority to do a thing doesn't make it just, moral, or even correct.

Hey Advanta, is that a new belt you're wearing?

Quote Originally Posted by Kangodo View Post
    They are not wrong tho..
    Yea if you want to emulate soviet Russia, by all means language controls are great

Jesus christ, this is some real dystopian shit. 'Microaggressions'? For fucks sake.

Ahh yes Rutgers. The school you go to when your fall back community college isn't accepting applications anymore.

Your rambling doesn't change the fact that saying a war veteran, or anyone else, "looks like a terrorist" or that claiming an exam raped you near a rape-victim is really idiotic.
    Well I think its a bit more complex than that unfortunately. Yes someone should be sensitive to their surroundings, and in certain situations it wouldn't be appropriate to use that language. However colleges also have traditionally been bastions of free speech and ideas which are both important for learning.

Deleted
    "You look like a terrorist."
    "That exam just raped me."
    "Bastion of ideas."
    You do know you can still be a bastion of ideas without making inappropriate use of the word 'rape'?

It doesn't have to be complex.
    It's actually quite simple: 99 out of 100 times when people promote 'politically correct' it's about not being an asshole to people.
    And that 100th time it's some random feminazi on Tumblr or YouTube wanting to send people to the gulag for disagreeing.
    It is really simple once you ignore that last one.
    What about things like this:

"•Students in at least one Rutgers University residence hall are being encouraged to use only language that is “helpful” and “necessary” to avoid committing microaggressions.

Erected as part of the university’s “Language Matters” campaign, the bulletin board instructs students to ask themselves whether their choice of words is “true,” “helpful,” “inspiring,” “necessary,” and “kind” before speaking out, and also includes a list of potentially-offensive terms, such as “retarded” and “illegal aliens.”"

That to me sounds creepy as fuck. Sounding like they want to bring about a Pleasantville-esque atmosphere to campus.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Damajin View Post
    Oh shit, this brings back memories of my grandparents telling me and my siblings to only speak when spoken to. Grats Rutgers, you're taking college kids back to the lifestyle us in the 30+ bracket lived when we were 6, bravo. I'm also cracking up at the line I bolded, all those kids getting flu and fever at school it's not from tons of kids living in close proximity in typically clusterfucked and dirty dorm environments it's microaggressions that are doing it. Pretty soon that'll be justification for disability pay.

Wonder how they are supposed to deal with macro aggression's?