Page 3 of 20 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Deleted
    There will always be a group of regressive killjoys who enjoy telling other people how to behave and think - whether it's prohibitionists, fascists, marxists, SJWs, feminists, religious fanatics, temperance movements, or just good old fashioned prudes

It switches from the religious right wing to the ideologue left wing, but it's always the same "good intentions mixed with a notion that all those who disagree must just be assholes and need to be silenced"

Quote Originally Posted by Yvaelle View Post
    Do you have a specific critique of political correctness you want to point that finger at, or are you just watching too much South Park and confusing PC Principal for a person, rather than a satire.

Blackhawks / Indians are offensive because, when most other teams are using animals - you're using a minority - which equates them with animals / sub-human. You create mascots and imagery that reduce them into cartoon caricatures:

Do you understand why that is inappropriate?

I don't believe that anyone has a right to not-be-offended, but there is a legitimate argument for not needlessly denigrating people and cultures. It's one thing if it's a racist / inappropriate joke (I believe in giving great leeway to humor), it's another if it's plastered all over your city.
    VAST majority of native americans don't care about blackhawks or redskins team. I know a lot of natives and none of them know anyone whos actually offended by it. there was actually a poll a while back that showed something like 90% of natives don't find it offensive. its sjw's being offended on behalf of minority groups that didn't ask sjws or want them to be offended on behalf of them.

football team mascots play directly into what south park talks about.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by SL1200 View Post
    Political Correctness = Treating other people with respect. I see nothing wrong with that.
    Nothing says respect like screaming in someone's face about how they're a fucking white male.

Mhhmm. Totes McGoats.

Deleted
    https://www.washingtonpost.com/local...f9a_story.html

Internalized racism hu?

Its the same story every time we see some PC bullshit in the news. Its just another way for a vocal minority to get what they want by praying on other peoples niceness.

On first page, someone use yet another dog whistle, '''cultural marxism'' a code word used only by a very specific segment of the ultra right.

It would be of course stupid to point out here that actual marxist propaganda had very little to do with what the usual suspect imagine ''cultural marxism'' is (mostly, a cultural production that does not boil down to angry space marine shooting 445567 non white dudes per hour-without dialogue, plot or characters, kauze that's for wusses)

I mean, have you actually saw Soviet movies ? (example : Alexander Nevsky) : they tend to be even less subtle than a Michael Bay production. Just replace ''terrorists'' by ''bourgeois capitalists''
    Last edited by sarahtasher; 2016-09-02 at 11:41 PM.

There will always be assholes. There will always be assholes telling the assholes not to be assholes.

If you want to end the hyper PC "can't say anything or you will offend someone" crowd, you need a major struggle to change people's priorities. Massive famine or world war 3. At that point no one gives a shit about someone's feelings.

Quote Originally Posted by Belize View Post
    Nothing says respect like screaming in someone's face about how they're a fucking white male.

Mhhmm. Totes McGoats.
    As opposed as the alt right screaming about executing every liberal, I suppose.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Kapadons View Post
    There will always be assholes. There will always be assholes telling the assholes not to be assholes.

If you want to end the hyper PC "can't say anything or you will offend someone" crowd, you need a major struggle to change people's priorities. Massive famine or world war 3. At that point no one gives a shit about someone's feelings.
    That surely includes people with enough time on their hand to organize a crude agitprop campaign against the Ghostbusters remake ?

10+ Year Old Account
    In the parlance of Blizzard et. al, soon™.
    In practicality, not soon enough, and potentially never >.>
    Quote Originally Posted by Tennisace View Post
    It's not ethical to expose people's faults. Only scumbags and bitches do that.
    The right thing would be to try to stop the behaviour.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tennisace View Post
    What's wrong with him buying a home? Please don't pry into others' lives and make judgements.

It'll never end.
    We'll just co-opt it, like we always do, into a nice consumerism token for empty self gratification. Some may argue it's already there. Just like weaboos see themselves as culturally sensitive educated superior people, so do PC imbeciles.
    That people get fired over FB stuff is just evidence of how it's just a consumer fad.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by sarahtasher View Post
    I never said it was any better, just pointing the hypocrisy of saying it's about respect.

Quote Originally Posted by SL1200 View Post
    Political Correctness = Treating other people with respect. I see nothing wrong with that.
    I do: the equals sign is wrong.
    PC is a pejorative used to distinguish politeness/respect from excess and stupidity.

Oh, do you mean the fad of screaming like a possessed about how you are ''censored by the PC'' before sprouting all your far right drivel, just that no one listen to it ? That's what you mean by ''PC fad'' ? The fad to pretend that your work is too edgy for PC, that's why no one buy it ?

Whataboutism in it's purest form.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Xarim View Post
    There will always be a group of regressive killjoys who enjoy telling other people how to behave and think - whether it's prohibitionists, fascists, marxists, SJWs, feminists, religious fanatics, temperance movements, or just good old fashioned prudes

It switches from the religious right wing to the ideologue left wing, but it's always the same "good intentions mixed with a notion that all those who disagree must just be assholes and need to be silenced"
    Basically people being people. Sadly.

Both the SJW and Anti-PC camps are tiring to me, I try to practice 'common sense' and 'Live and let live" as much as possible but that's some otherworldly set of simple ideas it seems.

Deleted
    That surely includes people with enough time on their hand to organize a crude agitprop campaign against the Ghostbusters remake ?
    I was going to point out that there was no "agitprop campaign" against the Ghostbusters remake, only a bunch of people who (rightly) called out that it was going to be a terrible movie - and that if anything the "agitprop campaign" was done by the other side, a concerted effort by SJWs, critics and HuffPo like papers to make it seem like the new movie was something other than a complete disaster and to label all detractors as misogynists and assholes - but then I realised it was sarahtasher posting drivel so now I wonder why I even bothered to type all that

10+ Year Old Account
    It's funny to see all the usual right-wing nutjobs fall all over themselves to see who can cry and vent about their victim complex first.

Imagine my surprise
    There is a cult of ignorance in the United States, and there always has been. The strain of anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that “my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge." - Isaac Asimov

The Unstoppable Force Theodarzna's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    That is also like asking when is virtue signaling and moral licensing going to go away.
    Quote Originally Posted by Crissi View Post
    i think I have my posse filled out now. Mars is Theo, Jupiter is Vanyali, Linadra is Venus, and Heather is Mercury. Dragon can be Pluto.
    On MMO-C we learn that Anti-Fascism is locking arms with corporations, the State Department and agreeing with the CIA, But opposing the CIA and corporate America, and thinking Jews have a right to buy land and can expect tenants to pay rent THAT is ultra-Fash Nazism. Bellingcat is an MI6/CIA cut out. Clyburn Truther.

10+ Year Old Account
    every one of my key strokes is actually a brush stroke on the canvas that is the off-topic forum
    I can almost pinpoint the day this pc garbage started..my join date.

Quote Originally Posted by DeadmanWalking View Post
    People who complain about being PC are just assholes who are pissed off that other people don't think it is okay to be an asshole and the asshole is mad that they can't be an asshole like they want to be.

It is also the mating call of the alt-right racist homophobe.
    Nah, but go ahead and make that ignorant blanket statement if it makes you sleep better at night.
    The Fresh Prince of Baudelaire

Banned at least 10 times. Don't give a fuck, going to keep saying what I want how I want to.

Eat meat. Drink water. Do cardio and burpees. The good life.

Quote Originally Posted by Xarim View Post
    I was going to point out that there was no "agitprop campaign" against the Ghostbusters remake, only a bunch of people who (rightly) called out that it was going to be a terrible movie - and that if anything the "agitprop campaign" was a concerted effort by SJWs, critics and HuffPo like papers to make it seem like the new movie was something other than a complete disaster and to label all detractors as misogynists and assholes - but then I realised it was sarahtasher posting drivel so now I wonder why I even bothered to type all that
    If you wanted shim to listen, you should have added the words "alt-right" like every 3 words. Some alt right thing like alt right this alt right. I swear alt right he she alt right has a bullet alt right list of things alt right that he she alt right must put alt right into every alt right post they make

Alt right