Page 4 of 20 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Yvaelle View Post
    Do you have a specific critique of political correctness you want to point that finger at, or are you just watching too much South Park and confusing PC Principal for a person, rather than a satire.

Blackhawks / Indians are offensive because, when most other teams are using animals - you're using a minority - which equates them with animals / sub-human. You create mascots and imagery that reduce them into cartoon caricatures:

Do you understand why that is inappropriate?

I don't believe that anyone has a right to not-be-offended, but there is a legitimate argument for not needlessly denigrating people and cultures. It's one thing if it's a racist / inappropriate joke (I believe in giving great leeway to humor), it's another if it's plastered all over your city.
    so
    san Francisco 49ers is equating gold rush people to animals?
    or

steelers (steel workers)
    Houston Texans
    NEW ENGLAND PATRIOTS
    Dallas Cowboys
    New Orleans Saints
    Minnesota Vikings

so all of these groups need to be offended because they have teams named after them in a league with mostly animal team names?
    makes sense

Quote Originally Posted by Jayburner View Post
    It's been a couple years now of this crap. I know back in my day in the early 90's, mothers around the world were upset with Marilyn Manson but that died out after a couple years I think?

I know i'm whining about whiners, but its getting kind of out of control. Kids in my city's schools can't wear chicago black hawk jerseys or cleveland indian shirts because its offensive lol.
    "a couple of years"

dont' you mean a couple of decades? and anything can be taken as political correctness these days, it all depends on the audience.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by SL1200 View Post
    Political Correctness = Treating other people with respect. I see nothing wrong with that.
    No.

PC goes much further than simply respect and into the realm of the absurd.
    Putin khuliyo

Quote Originally Posted by Xarim View Post
    I was going to point out that there was no "agitprop campaign" against the Ghostbusters remake, only a bunch of people who (rightly) called out that it was going to be a terrible movie - and that if anything the "agitprop campaign" was done by the other side, a concerted effort by SJWs, critics and HuffPo like papers to make it seem like the new movie was something other than a complete disaster and to label all detractors as misogynists and assholes - but then I realised it was sarahtasher posting drivel so now I wonder why I even bothered to type all that
    Yes, truly, it would have required a concerted propaganda campaign to depict Milo's ordering (I use that word : ordering. Some people love to be given orders and obey them like slaves) of a tweeter harassement orgy as ''unsubtle''. Then again, for the alt-right, sending pictures of your genitals with rape threats is considered sophisticated-words and complete sentences are for liberal degenerates.

It must be nice to live in a word where Anita Sarkeesian is ''a stupid b... that should shut up'' but where people devoting their existence to hating her are ''crusaders for Western civilization''. I would be for my part happy to live in a world were, somehow, hating Star Wars VII for a female lead is ''rationnal''-because that would mean I would have lots more time on my hands.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Kapadons View Post
    If you wanted shim to listen, you should have added the words "alt-right" like every 3 words. Some alt right thing like alt right this alt right. I swear alt right he she alt right has a bullet alt right list of things alt right that he she alt right must put alt right into every alt right post they make

Alt right
    Ah, gotcha, you can label everyone you don't like SJW, but it's impossible to give back the favor.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Xarim View Post
    I was going to point out that there was no "agitprop campaign" against the Ghostbusters remake, only a bunch of people who (rightly) called out that it was going to be a terrible movie - and that if anything the "agitprop campaign" was done by the other side, a concerted effort by SJWs, critics and HuffPo like papers to make it seem like the new movie was something other than a complete disaster and to label all detractors as misogynists and assholes - but then I realised it was sarahtasher posting drivel so now I wonder why I even bothered to type all that
    No they didn't. The moment the movie was announced to have an all female cast people made an outcry over it. The same happend and it's still happening when it was announced that Mary Jaine might not be a redhair white girl. I'm not going to say that the complains were/are rooted on mysoginy or racism. However a lot of it boiled down to: SJWs taking over my media.
    Last edited by Bollocks; 2016-09-03 at 12:15 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by sarahtasher View Post
    Ah, gotcha, you can label everyone you don't like SJW, but it's impossible to give back the favor.
    Let's face it, your vocabulary is like 35 words max.
    The Fresh Prince of Baudelaire

Banned at least 10 times. Don't give a fuck, going to keep saying what I want how I want to.

Eat meat. Drink water. Do cardio and burpees. The good life.

Deleted
    Being anti-PC is now considered right wing....

Trump thanks you for helping him get more votes.You see the same thing happening in the UK, with the general election and recently the Brexit.

Vote Tory = you are a racist and a Bigot . Currently Tories are on course to having a 400 mp majority in the UK going on pollster predictions.

Vote Brexit = You are a racist and a bigot . Everyone knows how that turned out.

The center right - right is where its at in Britain, with no small thanks to the totalitarian lefties.

10+ Year Old Account
    every one of my key strokes is actually a brush stroke on the canvas that is the off-topic forum
    Quote Originally Posted by Bollocks View Post
    No they didn't. The moment the movie was announced to have an all female cast people made an outcry over it. The same happend and it's still happening when it was announced that Mary Jaine might not be a redhair white girl. I'm not going to say that there complains are rooted on mysoginy or racism, but there was a lot of complaining when it came to it. And most of it boiled down to SJS taking over my films and pushing their agenda.

no one is complaining about the Brokeback Mountain remake starring lesbians.

when people complain about 'political correctness gone too far,' or whatever, I always ask them what it is they feel they're not allowed to say

I mean ffs people, the nominee of a major american political party is running on a platform of building a wall between the U.S. and mexico and deporting millions of people. There aren't very many crazy opinions that are so crazy they can't get aired in our (U.S., anyway) society.

[QUOTE=sarahtasher;42167813]As opposed as the alt right screaming about executing every liberal, I suppose.
    QUOTE]
    got any video proof of anyone doing that?

Quote Originally Posted by Damajin View Post
    Let's face it, your vocabulary is like 35 words max.
    I actually laughed out loud. Well done sir/madam

7+ Year Old Account
    no one is complaining about the Brokeback Mountain remake starring lesbians.
    Well what do you expect?

Quote Originally Posted by sarahtasher View Post
    As opposed as the alt right screaming about executing every liberal, I suppose.
    I can show you many many videos of lefties calling for the execution of whites and cis gendered people. but ive never heard of any alt right calling for execution of anyone. alt right is actually more left than normal right..

Quote Originally Posted by SL1200 View Post
    Political Correctness = Treating other people with respect. I see nothing wrong with that.
    are you seriously saying that in a thread where a guy defends PC by saying that the blackhawks logo reduces native americans into animals?

Quote Originally Posted by waitwutt View Post
    I can show you many many videos of lefties calling for the execution of whites and cis gendered people. but ive never heard of any alt right calling for execution of anyone. alt right is actually more left than normal right..
    Eh, you get some of the Hitler Youth persuasion that do wish death on people, but the majority of their words and ideas are pushback and defense against their own culture, nation, community and individual person being trainwrecked by others, usually in the name of 'progress' which is about as open ended as most of the pushovers want our borders to be.
    The Fresh Prince of Baudelaire

Banned at least 10 times. Don't give a fuck, going to keep saying what I want how I want to.

Eat meat. Drink water. Do cardio and burpees. The good life.

Quote Originally Posted by Raybourne View Post
    What? Jokes about republicans, hicks, hill billies, rednecks, conservatives, christians, whites, men (when all of those) are all fair game and encouraged.
    That's a really long way to say "white men".

It's been a couple years now of this crap. I know back in my day in the early 90's, mothers around the world were upset with Marilyn Manson but that died out after a couple years I think?

I know i'm whining about whiners, but its getting kind of out of control. Kids in my city's schools can't wear chicago black hawk jerseys or cleveland indian shirts because its offensive lol.
    It'll end when the following occurs:

a) Europeans topple their governments; and
    b) Europeans sentence their political, economic, media, and military elite to either death or imprisonment; and
    c) Europeans either expel all of the foreigners or they strip them of all legal rights or they do the second option before introducing the first option.

Deleted
    Certain dishonest and ignorant people seem to draw false feelings of moral superiority from calling others racists on arbitary excuses.

We have quite a few of those worthless, sub-human pieces of shit on this forum as well.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by pmkaboo View Post
    are you seriously saying that in a thread where a guy defends PC by saying that the blackhawks logo reduces native americans into animals?
    Well, I am guilty of not reading the entire thread. So, yeah. You got me on this one.
    Last edited by SL1200; 2016-09-03 at 12:32 AM.

Ah, nothing like someone with a crusader avatar (Templars, not exactly known for their strategic acumen) saying that he is not racist, while calling other subhumans in the very same post