Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    10+ Year Old Account
    Обединени социалистически щати на Америка
    Quote Originally Posted by Cherise View Post
    I think people who want to control others (usually based on emotions and their morals or religion) are a problem. Live and let live.
    As long as they don't harm others, sure.

But that involves those pesky morals, what a shame, eh?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Hiram View Post
    People with opinions are also a huge problem.
    I support this opinion.

Deleted
    I think people just like to play armchair psychologist online and build a tower of intellectual superiority over others. Basically people with big egos making noise, nothing new but certain people like to believe it's new

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by zenkai View Post
    I am always preaching against people who think with emotion, we have a few here wo do it, doesn't matter if you provide facts, logic, reason they will argue against you with passion and nonsense.
    You're a prime example.
    There is a cult of ignorance in the United States, and there always has been. The strain of anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that “my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge." - Isaac Asimov

Deleted
    Op thinks pedos can be rehabilitated?.. Even with chem castration they don't stop fantasizing about children.

People get emotional because criminals n pervs hide behind laws that don't help n only protect them.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Warhoof View Post
    Op thinks pedos can be rehabilitated?.. Even with chem castration they don't stop fantasizing about children.

People get emotional because criminals n pervs hide behind laws that don't help n only protect them.
    That is not a crime though. We only punish those breaking the law in the first place.

Deleted

TBF if fantasizing about children were illegal a hefty chunk of MMOC would be locked up with their waifu

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Naralix View Post
    I personally do care little about the examples themselves. My main point was the attitude of the people in the examples. I could go on to find an example of my little pony, x-factor or dora the explorer.

The topic that people argue on is largely irrelevant, it's the way they do it. That's why I tried to use as many different cases as I could think of.
    Recognizing the emotional impact a subject of discussion brings with it is good. Overreacting is bad. Yeah pretty common sense stuff. Some people are nuts.
    Human progress isn't measured by industry. It's measured by the value you place on a life.

Just, be kind.

Quote Originally Posted by Espe View Post
    You're a prime example.
    I'm a damn good example

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by adam86shadow View Post
    TBF if fantasizing about children were illegal a hefty chunk of MMOC would be locked up with their waifu
    They can lock you up with your waifu now?

brb, going on a crimespree.

7+ Year Old Account
    Op thinks pedos can be rehabilitated?
    Not sure you know what a "pedo" is, but no, you can't "rehabilitate" an attraction.

Even with chem castration they don't stop fantasizing about children.
    Not sure what this has to do with anything but any medical professional that recommends such a horrible thing should be put in prison.

Again, not sure what this has to do with anything but being "perv" is not illegal so there's not actually any hiding going on. There is not and never will be a such thing as a "thought crime".

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Gilrak View Post
    They can lock you up with your waifu now?

brb, going on a crimespree.
    You can look into the eyes of your waifu as you're bummed raw

You come for my waifu and ill shank you m8.
    Violence Jack Respects Women!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by foofoocuddlypoopz View Post
    You come for my waifu and ill shank you m8.
    Nobody wants your crusty pillow

Nobody wants your crusty pillow
    I want to take this farther but it gonna get kind of gross.
    Violence Jack Respects Women!

10+ Year Old Account
    Asking people to get rid of their emotional intelligence is roughly the same as asking people to stop being humans.

Honestly, you'll never fix any of that. First of all, because your first post is guilty of spreading what you're pleading against and I'm not even sure you're aware of it.

Second, of all, emotions are baseline in humans. Even psychopaths have them, even if it's acting differently. If you really want to help move toward a more objective society, start by asking your news stations to stop amplifying everything with clickbait titles and emotional words. "Trump gets WRECKED by Mexican Prime Minister" or "Hillary is DYING - here're 7 reasons why!" are not good to promote healthy discussions. It just makes you more polarized and blind to facts. Why can't we have neutral titles like "Trump met with Mexico's Prime Minister to discuss about future political plans" or "Medical information about Hillary may indicates some health issues"?

Last but not least, start with yourself. You cannot change the world, but you can definitely change how you see things and how you act on them.
    Google Diversity Memo
    Learn to use critical thinking: https://youtu.be/J5A5o9I7rnA

Political left, right similarly motivated to avoid rival views
    [...] we have an intolerance for ideas and evidence that don’t fit a certain ideology. I’m also not saying that we should restrict people to certain gender roles; I’m advocating for quite the opposite: treat people as individuals, not as just another member of their group (tribalism)..

Someone give this thread an Oscar.
    "You know you that bitch when you cause all this conversation."

10+ Year Old Account
    You can look into the eyes of your waifu as you're bummed raw
    Sounds hot.

Can I atleast dress up as my nazi daugtheru?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by TheramoreIsTheBomb View Post
    Someone give this thread an Oscar.
    No, I want it. Gimmi
    Last edited by JohnBrown1917; 2016-09-02 at 03:36 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by rogueMatthias View Post
    their views and opinions become their defining part of their lives to the point they can't hear any opposing view point or discussion as anything but a personal insult.
    This also helps explain why religion and politics in particular are banned from discussion on many public forums. Anything that strikes at the heart of a person's identity tends to foster that sort of "us vs. them" mentality.
    Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    Having the authority to do a thing doesn't make it just, moral, or even correct.