Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    The Lightbringer Highlord Hanibuhl's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account

Unhappy Legion loading screen

Am I the only one who thinks the Legion loading screen with Varian, Sylvanas and the demon fighting on the Broken Shore is super bad?

Aside from the technical standpoints where it's just not a good piece of art, why show a loading screen from the Broken Shore, instead of something of the Broken Isles in general? Or just the Tomb of Sargeras..?

With so many great loading screens in Legion - the class halls, the dungeons, the minizones - I don't get why this is the one we have to look at the most.

It looks like it was made by an intern...

What do you think?

yea i don't like it much either, neither did like the WoD one.

Also for some reason, they did not change the MoP and WoD loading screening after we finished those expansions, like they did with outland and northrend.
    Be feared, or be fuel

Deleted
    I actually found it awesome... though I don't see how that is of any importance to warrant whining.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah I agree, looks very off. Too much going on, characters look weird. Probably the worst part of what seems to me a great expansions.

You know its a good expansion when people find nothing else than the loading screen to complain over.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Raven View Post
    You know its a good expansion when people find nothing else than the loading screen to complain over.
    Trust me, there have been plenty of complaints. For instance, my Survival Hunter artifact ability, Fury of the Eagle, literally results in a DPS loss when I use it in my rotation.

But that doesn't mean it isn't fair to criticize the loading screen, because I agree it is pretty ugly. Seems like they overestimated how much people like Varian. And honestly, I thought Varian was one of the coolest characters until this expansion. Now I hate him, he's the cheesiest most cliche character Blizzard has written.

Despite the aforementioned complaints, I do agree Legion is a pretty great expansion. I've been having a lot of fun on the classes I do enjoy, like Windwalker Monk and Arcane Mage.
    Last edited by Pipboi; 2016-09-03 at 06:59 AM.

Deleted
    this
    10char

Quote Originally Posted by Pipboi View Post
    Seems like they overestimated how much people like Varian. And honestly, I thought Varian was one of the coolest characters until this expansion. Now I hate him, he's the cheesiest most cliche character Blizzard has written.
    One cut scene made you go from top of the list to hatred? Can you explain a bit as to what it made him the most cliche character? I know little of Varian but I felt the ending was pretty epic.

The Lightbringer Highlord Hanibuhl's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    I think you misunderstand here. I'm not bitter. I love Legion. But the quality of the loading screen is very bad!

I like it tbh, at least the concept, maybe the quality could be higher...

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by dragothica View Post
    I kind of feel like it has too much going on, right? Too much action, and it looks a bit cheap. There's just something wrong with it.

Or I don't know, was I just too used to WoD Alliance Garrison Loading screen after seeing it multiple times a day for two years? Possibly..
    The composition on the image is not right, There's way too much distance between the suppossed focal points of the image (Varian and the Felguard) also, the shapes of the clifts behind Varian, the clouds/mists and Sylvannas' stance gives the illusion that the image was stretched to fit wide screens.

(with the loading screen getting stuck at 90% I've had a lot of time to analize it lol)

10+ Year Old Account
    it feels weird due to varian you know being dead.

its like the load screen is already out dated.
    Hi

10+ Year Old Account
    LOL I was joking about this today on Discord right after I hearthed. "Man, this expansion got everything right except one thing." "What, the loading screen with Varian and the cartoon purple demon?"
    HEROES NEVER DIE

10+ Year Old Account
    Not just the cutscenes but also the way he was portrayed in the Legion Cinematic. When the aircraft goes down and he's sinking like he's ready to give up, then out of nowhere he flies out of the water and starts kicking ass. His character just seems hollow now, but I really enjoyed his history of being forced to fight in the arenas and his return to the throne after Bolvar fell.

7+ Year Old Account
    Art is subjective. What you see as a "bad" piece of art others see as an amazing one. The loading screen isn't "technically" bad, it's stylized. And stylized quite well I'd say.

15+ Year Old Account
    The content is okay, but I don't really like the art style when compared to other art within the game.
    Mistweaver Monk | Holy Priest

Quote Originally Posted by MickM View Post
    I think you misunderstand here. I'm not bitter. I love Legion. But the quality of the loading screen is very bad!
    I really wonder what makes you dislike it so much. I absolutely love it. It has a lot more color variation than the past few expansions (aside from MoP) and imo just looks really good overall.

I just looked at it and went: "Why have a loading screen featuring a guy you killed 30 mins in?" Just wanna make sure we didn't forget I guess.

Deleted
    My only problem with the loading screens is that they are the wrong aspect ratio... they are 4:3 and not wide screen? Any fix to this?