Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Skoll the spirit beast must be paired with Hati!

Skoll and Hati are brother and sister and if you love Norse mythology its only proper to pair them together as you take down the burning legion!

http://norse-mythology.org/skoll-hati/

I kinda hoped blizz would add a little easter egg if you paired them together but alas nothing but if you into RP and Norse mythos like me its something you must do!

omg thats awesome lol didnt realize that

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Lobosan View Post
    No offense dude but....pretty much everyone is aware of the names and their meaning. Hundreds of people on my server are already running around with that combo. It's not terribly original or anything :-P
    idk why you'd think that was common knowledge but its really not lol
    Quote Originally Posted by -Ethos- View Post
    I literally die every time i see people using literally wrong.

now all they need to do is give us a spirit raven as a tameable pet, and an artifact skin that turns Hati into a Raven, so we can roll with Huginn and Muninn

Quote Originally Posted by Surfd View Post
    now all they need to do is give us a spirit raven as a tameable pet, and an artifact skin that turns Hati into a Raven, so we can roll with Huginn and Muninn
    There is a glyph for Hunters that changes Hati's appearance to match your currently summoned pet.

Quote Originally Posted by KayOfGames View Post
    There is a glyph for Hunters that changes Hati's appearance to match your currently summoned pet.
    Then i guess all we really need is a spirit raven. Too bad the only spirit bird models are Owls :/

Quote Originally Posted by Surfd View Post
    Then i guess all we really need is a spirit raven. Too bad the only spirit bird models are Owls :/
    Ravens just got a new model in Legion, so perhaps later in Legion's life-cycle there will be a spirit raven model.

10+ Year Old Account
    I think they should upgrade Skoll's skin. I run around with the both of them but it's clear that Skoll is... simpler.

No offense dude but....pretty much everyone is aware of the names and their meaning. Hundreds of people on my server are already running around with that combo. It's not terribly original or anything :-P
    It's more likely that people are using that combo becasue "DOUBLE SHOCK DOGS!"

Most people actually don't know Norse mythology.

It's incredibly common knowledge
    "are two wolves who are only mentioned in passing references that have to do with their pursuing Sol and Mani"

Your Norse Mythology may be incredible but I think you strongly overestimate how many people game would understand the meaning of pairing those wolves.

I've encountered no less than ten other people on my server alone ranting in trade about how cool it is to pair Skoll and Hati. Either we're just that smart on our backwater server, or forum posters just aren't that well educated about mythology.

I can take a wild guess which one it is ;-)

- - - Updated - - -

Also, no spirit raven guys. But we do get a spirit moose, eh!
    Ive encountered noone who even knew any of that so i may call BS but i will give you the benefit of the doubt because i know Norse mythos is still taught in most schools around the world! or maybe someone said it once in trade and what with the internet you know!

For what its worth i did know about Norse mythos because i studied it (greek mythos too!) and i only realized when i did the hunter artifact bm quest.

Now i know people get a kick out of RP cause i sure as shit do so i just thought i would let people know
    Last edited by yetgdhfgh; 2016-09-03 at 07:27 AM.

Even if people aren't well-versed in Norse mythology, during the artifact questline to obtain Titanstrike, Thorim specifically says that Skoll is his other hunter dog. "Skoll? Where is that wolf?" is a voice line he delivers during the questline, preceded by Mimiron talking about Thorim hunting with his two hounds.

People would know to pair them together regardless of myth knowledge.

Quote Originally Posted by Daetur View Post
    Even if people aren't well-versed in Norse mythology, during the artifact questline to obtain Titanstrike, Thorim specifically says that Skoll is his other hunter dog. "Skoll? Where is that wolf?" is a voice line he delivers during the questline, preceded by Mimiron talking about Thorim hunting with his two hounds.

I saw that instantly but seeing how nobody reads quest text and seeing how people in this thread didnt know i just thought it would be nice to say where the names came from so you can play with the RP.

Deleted
    You're all fools. Get the item that lets you change Hati's appearance. Get the spirit moose pet. TUrn hati into a spirit moose. Sit on your archimonde moose with a ghost moose on either side of you.

MOOSE MASTERY: THE REAL MM

Quote Originally Posted by Daetur View Post

I had Skoll in my pets list, but had gara out while I was doing the questline. Was curious if that scene would've been any different if I had Skoll out instead.
    The reports of my death were surprisingly well-sourced and accurate.

Oh really?

I guess I should've known then, since "Pretty much everyone" does.

Get out with that.

I've encountered no less than ten other people on my server alone ranting in trade about how cool it is to pair Skoll and Hati. Either we're just that smart on our backwater server, or forum posters just aren't that well educated about mythology.

It doesn't make you guys more smart about it, so I would say the latter.

More people probably don't know about it than do.

Deleted
    You're definitely wrong.

The true hunter pet pairing must be the robot chicken with the robot sheep.

ill take a wild guess too.

two shock dogs look better than one, making it "cool".

I just roll with two bears instead. fits the Dwarf Rifleman archetype

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Slashgordon View Post
    You're all fools. Get the item that lets you change Hati's appearance. Get the spirit moose pet. TUrn hati into a spirit moose. Sit on your archimonde moose with a ghost moose on either side of you.

MOOSE MASTERY: THE REAL MM
    I guess you don't know about the ghost moose mount from Archaeology then.
    Guild mate picked it up 4 days ago

Quote Originally Posted by Renamename View Post

Skoll and Hati are brother and sister and if you love Norse mythology its only proper to pair them together as you take down the burning legion!

http://norse-mythology.org/skoll-hati/

I kinda hoped blizz would add a little easter egg if you paired them together but alas nothing but if you into RP and Norse mythos like me its something you must do!
    Am i the only who read the conversations/text when doing the artifact quest? Mimiron clearly talks about Thorim and his pair of wolves, and thorim call for Skoll wondering where is he.