Page 5 of 17 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    I hate dailies. I've always hated dailies.

World quests are done in a way I don't hate them. Sure, repetition makes ANYTHING dull. But for now, it's super refreshing. Blizz nailed it.

Deleted
    MMORPG without questing is like FPS shooter without....shooting. We should discuss here if questing is done right or not......

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Darsithis View Post
    I'm loving the quests. I don't think I've completed so many quests in an expansion before. In prior expansions, the questing was too wide, sometimes too difficult to follow. There was no specific story thread, it was 15 stories at once that went all over and it was easy to lose track of just why you were collecting 20 bear butts. Now it's so much easier to keep track of, yet has enough variety in quests that you don't feel like it's the same thing.
    This right here. I'm absolutely loving the questing so far(only done Azsuna so far) and the rich stories that come from them because they mostly tie into the main story somehow.

Quote Originally Posted by analmoose View Post
    seriously, by 103 I was contemplating quitting because i am having a hard time forcing myself to quest and level. This shit fucking sucks, and 1000x moreso without flying and zones designed to make you fuckin run around forever. Not into it, its not exciting, I don't care to explore the new landscapes, they will be done once and forgotten about. Time to move on from questing and lvling up in expansions, and time to start doing something different and original. Will absolutely not lvl and alt until I can fly, and if the flying has to be earned per each char after they reach max lvl, will be the last time I play this game
    So you don't like questing, or leveling, or exploring... So exactly what do you enjoy about WoW?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Dellis0991 View Post
    There is a lot going in this expansion so much lore has been release along side it...just pace yourself.

- - - Updated - - -

^I feel the same.
    did you ever take a second to think that maybe some people don't care about lore ?

i've played this game since its release and i've never given two shits about any of the bosses i've killeds backstory and i skip every cinematic, and usually alt tab when the NPC's ramble on and on after handing in some quest. it does not interrest me one bit, i play wow for its gameplay and the community of friends i've build over the years.

i kill bosses because i find it fun, not because omg archimonde killed king variaan we must save azeroth !!

Deleted
    It's great having so many quests. They only thing I've experienced as so-so is my LW sending me all over the place, to zones I've already been to grind 15-20 mobs I've already killed for another quest at a lower level. At the lower level I could multi pull mobs, now at 110 I have to kill exact the same mobs one by one. They are stronger /my character became weaker which makes it feel tedious at times.

Quote Originally Posted by matheney2k View Post
    If you don't like questing of all things then, yes, it might be time to look for a new game. Questing could not be a more integral part of MMO's. Genres exist for a reason.
    Dark age of Camelot and vanilla WoW say hi.

Stereotypes in your brain exist for no reason

Play another game.

Quote Originally Posted by Kreeshak View Post
    Dark age of Camelot and vanilla WoW say hi.

Stereotypes in your brain exist for no reason
    I question if you even played Classic WoW to mention that as a retort to "Questing could not be a more integral part of MMO's."

Quote Originally Posted by Vegas82 View Post
    For many people it's all about the end game. And since we spend such a small fraction of our time on the questing and leveling and exploring it's not necessarily that important for one to enjoy those things.
    Beware, you need to give out that information step by step, with an introduction, an analytical reasoning and a conclusion. Some people can't handle variety and diversity. New concepts might make their head explode :P

Quote Originally Posted by shoegazing View Post
    It sucks for playing alts. The whole expansion is bad for alts in fact.

I like questing. I like taking my time and reading them and taking in the world. I like to take my time and enjoy it, so I only want to do it once. And then typically I would grind my alts up later using a different method.

I don't want to have to repeat all these quests over and over again just because I'm leveling another character, there definitely needs to be an alternate route after you've done it once.
    Exactly this. But you can't really explain this to people, who just play their main and now tell everyone how they are happy about forced questing.

Quote Originally Posted by PenguinChan View Post
    I question if you even played Classic WoW to mention that as a retort to "Questing could not be a more integral part of MMO's."
    Nevermind Dark age, explain to me how you think vanilla wow did not have any quests in it?
    It did have quests, but lot's of areas were that badly designed, quests were isolated, no hubs, no continuity in quests, no mounts so essentially grinding was an extremely viable method to level, if not faster than questing. Especially if you played a dps class, with some sort of self healing or low downtime as in no need to drink water every 2 mobs.

Quote Originally Posted by Ragerre View Post
    Exactly this. But you can't really explain this to people, who just play their main and now tell everyone how they are happy about forced questing.
    I'll agree this expansion is completely unfriendly to leveling any amount of alts. Artifact Power and Class Order Halls alone make it really a nightmare to even think about doing so. Maybe one day Blizzard will realize having faster leveling on alts for every max level you have is a good thing -- and allow skipping once you've experienced everything at least once. It should be fine to do it normal the first time, but doing it over and over again on alts is such a pain in the ass.

To the guys I quoted above. Let me add that I don't have a serious issue with questing. I can tolerate it even if I slightly prefer grinding.

But most certainly its not questing that defined the genre. It is character progression by gaining levels and gearing, increasing and often allocating attributes and skills and talents.

I feel like we were talking about apples and then you just randomly start talking about shoes. Not sure if Vol'jin or not, but too tired to play along anymore.
    You said quests defined the genre. I explained that in vanilla wow they were optional, if not less rewarding than grinding, therefore they did not define it. What defines something is not optional, it is overwhelming.

It is still apples.

If you don't like questing this game is not for you

What does that even mean?
    Is means he got caught out for talking BS and is trying his best(failing) to backtrack/avoid any questions.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryan Cailan Ebonheart View Post
    Legion is all about questing. If you don't do the quests, you can't do anything. The game forces you to complete nearly every quest in the zone. And its worse at endgame when something like "world quests" is a thing.

All of the zones to me are terrible because they're not original. I feel like since Cataclysm, all of the zones created have been created with making the questing as smooth as possible rather than being made originally without the quests in mind.

I much rather have zones just have random sporadic quests randomly thrown everywhere instead of the boring lifeless hub based system we've had since wrath. And there should be less quests and more of just killing mobs where in some areas require groups of people for more exp.

I'm overall just tired of the direction Blizzard has taken the leveling process in the game. There's just way too much bloat of quests/NPC's talking/Scenarios where its feels more like a Call of Duty Campaign instead of a RPG game. The zones in legion hardly feel connected either because the storytelling is all over the place because the devs feel the need to have to represent every boring piece of the lore as possible.

It's lame.
    What you want is a dungeon crawler. A real rpg is more about quests and less about killing stuff. Sorry to burst your bubble

Quote Originally Posted by Ryan Cailan Ebonheart View Post

I much rather have zones just have random sporadic quests randomly thrown everywhere instead of the boring lifeless hub based system we've had since wrath. And there should be less quests and more of just killing mobs where in some areas require groups of people for more exp.
    So you're basically asking bliz to turn warcraft into guildwars 2, they have random quests when you go into a zone that just pop up..

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by micwini View Post
    If you don't like questing this game is not for you
    End of thread. Why are people complaining that an MMORPG feels like an MMORPG, it's been 12 year now. People still fucking whine about questing in a game that is about questing. Go play Counter Strike GO.