Thinking of Legion. How do shaman "feel"?

So far I haven´t got Legion as I was waiting for feedback before buying and it seems to be quite well developed (most of lore, quests, e.t.c.) which might be fun for me, even tho we don´t know about real end game right know.

I am wondering - how does Shamans ¨feel¨? My main spec was resto.. as 2nd I am thinking elemental. Any comments? Would love to hear your impressions after first few days..

Personally Shaman is a really fun spec. It doesn't feel clunky, talents feel good, but the only part I think we lack is survivability when it comes to things. Myself I'm debating on Enh or Elemental (while leveling Enh since I'm still debating on what I want to do). As for Resto, as far as I can tell we're still pretty much the masters of AoE healing, least in my opinion.

Been one of the few times I've been able to be stuck on what spec to play since all of the specs feel fun. As for numbers wise, I couldn't tell you, but than again unless you're going in end game "hardcore" progression that doesn't matter too much so long as you know how to play.
    "Yeah, well, you know, that's just, like, your opinion, man."

I don't play resto, but people are saying its a very strong healing spec with lots of solid talents.

Elemental is kind of so-so to me. Lots of casting and a lot of spells, but I'm just not feeling it. I'm switching to Enhance as soon as I can. Love that spec and I have no idea why I chose Elemental for my artifact.

I know you were asking about resto and ele mainly, but I can give a bit of input on enhance.

Generally, people seem to really like the changes. Especially those who are new to the class/spec. I personally don't like the changes at all, and many veterans of the spec feel the same. It could just be salt over changing from something so familiar, but there's no doubt the spec is fundamentally different than it was in previous iterations.

From what I hear, resto is very powerful, if not the best healing spec. I know nothing of ele.

İ dont understand why people dont like enha... I mean, they totally nailed it. You actually enhance your weapons, you ramp up crazy, Stormstrike actually hits like a truck now and gosh new visiual effects?

Only single thing im complaning is PvP side we are weak. We need more defensives.

Enhancement for leveling by far the better choice. Squishy as fuck, so utilize our insta heal and one of the stunning totems(I dont know all the spell names by memory clearly). Steer clear of elemental unless you just love the spec. It's painful atm. I leveled in about 12 hours as enhancement and oddly enough it was a blast considering i've never played melee or Shaman at all. Im now playing resto, my main reason for rolling a shaman and I must say it's alot of fun. Healing feels solid atm with lots of choices. Often times I'm dpsing in 5 mans atm assuming im with a group that's not full of dumbshits.. Save your AP points when you lvl as DPS though thats the best tip by far as well as starting your class campaign when it becomes avail. Good luck

Field Marshal
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Keyboardjenkins View Post
    Enhancement for leveling by far the better choice. [...] I leveled in about 12 hours as enhancement and oddly enough it was a blast considering i've never played melee or Shaman at all.
    Same here. It is so much fun. I only switch to Ele during bossfights in instances. Love Resto too!

Not sure if I want to go back to Enh, haven't played that since hmm... early cata probably or even mid wotlk. Not really sure. Also - you are saying shaman is very squishy right now - is that while leveling or when at lvl 110 and all mobs scale to lvl110?

edited* lvl 100 to lvl110.. still to used to old max lvl
    Last edited by Mendal; 2016-09-04 at 08:26 PM.

I leveled as enhancement and have been doing mythic dungeons with it. As far as soloing goes, enhancement is very good. You have pretty fantastic burst and general DPS, but you're very squishy. Pulling 3-4 mobs can be tricky without CDs or CC. There's generally no down time, and HS is way better than what a lot of classes get for sustain. AoE is literally identical to your single target rotation with a slight priority change on one spell, so cleave is not an issue for solo or dungeons. Your actual DPS rotation is pretty visceral too with Stormstrike and Crash Lightning, and other than GCDs being too long sometimes, it feels pretty great to play right now.

Elemental by comparison is awful imo. Maelstrom especially is a complete after thought for Ele, whereas it's a core mechanic for Enh.

Quote Originally Posted by Mendal View Post
    Not sure if I want to go back to Enh, haven't played that since hmm... early cata probably or even mid wotlk. Not really sure. Also - you are saying shaman is very squishy right now - is that while leveling or when at lvl 100 and all mobs scale to lvl100?
    It's squishy even at level 100. I didn't notice any difference between 100 and 110. The squishy factor only comes into play if you mass pull though. Rainfall and/or a HS or two + your zero ramp up time makes fighting less than 3 mobs trivial. And you really have no down time at all between fights since you can just use 1 or 2 instant HS and get back to full immediately. Elites and those harder than normal enemies like rares etc are extremely easy to deal with even without CDs, since your rainfall and 1 HS every like 10s can outheal their damage.
    Last edited by Larynx; 2016-09-04 at 07:30 PM.