Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

mouse sensitivity

whats is your ingame mouse sensitivity ? mine is 15. is that too low or too much ? im curious what other people play on

also what are those commendations after matches ? is there any bigger meaning to it ?

The streamer I was watching getting 44 kills on Hanzo had a mouse sensitivity of 2, I have mine on 7 atm. I lowered it because 15 on reaper feels like I am trying to steer the titanic.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by DeadmanWalking View Post
    The streamer I was watching getting 44 kills on Hanzo had a mouse sensitivity of 2, I have mine on 7 atm. I lowered it because 15 on reaper feels like I am trying to steer the titanic.
    So you're drowning with a sens on 15 ?

Deleted
    I often run quite high sensitivity but the stats clearly shows for this game that it is not working out for me. Dropped to 32 and lowered down to 20 after a few more games. Huge improvement with some heroes.

Quite strange tbh.

Quote Originally Posted by Theprejudice View Post
    So you're drowning with a sens on 15 ?
    The titanic's rudder was too small for its mass and so it couldn't turn fast enough. It's handling registered between 'shitty' and 'Crappy'.

10+ Year Old Account
    800 dpi @ 3 in-game
    20 "secondary sensitivity" for Widow's zoom

Deleted
    Drop your ingame sensitivity to absolute minimum, and raise your dpi to a level where you feel comfortable. I run with minimum ingame sensitivity and 3000dpi. Mouse would go up to 8200dpi but can't drop the ingame sensitivity enough to handle that.

You want hardware accuracy, not software sensitivity.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sydänyö View Post
    Drop your ingame sensitivity to absolute minimum, and raise your dpi to a level where you feel comfortable. I run with minimum ingame sensitivity and 3000dpi. Mouse would go up to 8200dpi but can't drop the ingame sensitivity enough to handle that.

You want hardware accuracy, not software sensitivity.
    The general consensus is to take any native DPI of your mouse that has no interpolation. Often 400/800/1800 dpi. Then after that adjust in-game sensitivity to whatever you like.

Very high (and thus non-native) DPI settings cause interpolation and therefore slight inconsistencies. Which is why the ultra-high DPI mouse marketing of today is frowned upon.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Arenis View Post
    The general consensus is to take any native DPI of your mouse that has no interpolation. Often 400/800/1800 dpi. Then after that adjust in-game sensitivity to whatever you like.

Very high (and thus non-native) DPI settings cause interpolation and therefore slight inconsistencies. Which is why the ultra-high DPI mouse marketing of today is frowned upon.
    Umm... OK. Well, do whatever you like. I've tested my own mouse out, and at the levels I'm using it at it's most accurate and responsive. I don't know who you've been listening to but I'd suggest you do your own testing first.

10+ Year Old Account
    i dont rly get what u mean with DPI. i tried checking mouse properties in windows control panel but it doesnt tell any DPI
    my mouse has +- buttons that increase or decrease sensitivity. there are 3 modes, i have it in between - on medium (2)
    my windows mouse sensitivity is set to 5 out of 11
    and ingame in overwatch is set to 15

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Khatolic View Post
    i dont rly get what u mean with DPI
    http://www.howtogeek.com/182702/mous...er-for-gaming/

It's an optical/laser mouse thing.

Mine is 60%.

No DPI modifications; Mouse Sensitivity on.

Rainbow 6, it's around 65%.
    Battlefield, 75%

My MMO's, Minecraft, and a few other non-shooter games, it is like 90%. (Swtor, I have it at 00.50%. Yeah, Half of 1%. Swtor mouse sensitivity is insanely strange.)
    I'm a Kitsune! Not a cat, or a mutt!

Where are you guys looking to see sensitivity numbers? All I know is sensitivity on mine is maxed in windows and overwatch and my mouse driver settings are at 9800 dpi.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Zergin8r View Post
    Where are you guys looking to see sensitivity numbers? All I know is sensitivity on mine is maxed in windows and overwatch and my mouse driver settings are at 9800 dpi.
    My Logitech mouse comes with accompanying software with which those things can be adjusted.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Alexton View Post
    I often run quite high sensitivity but the stats clearly shows for this game that it is not working out for me. Dropped to 32 and lowered down to 20 after a few more games. Huge improvement with some heroes.

Quite strange tbh.
    Check out what the pros are using, average seems to be 800/5 so take that and fine tune from there.

http://on-winning.com/overwatch-pro-...board-headset/

Sensitivity itself is irrelevant. And so is DPI. What matters is both DPI and sensitivity simultaneously.

DPI * Sensitivity = Mouse Velocity

For some reasoun pros in Overwatch tend to play most likely on Mouse Velocity of around ~4000. Some of course play on 2000, some on 7000, etc etc. In CS:GO pro players tend to play on Mouse Velocity of around 800-1100.

If you want to get, give or take, Mouse Velocity 4000 it does not matter whether you setup:
    - Sensitivity 4, DPI 1000
    - Sensitivity 2, DPI 2000
    - Sensitivity 10, DPI 400
    - Sensitivity 2.75, DPI 1454

because it is indeed all the same.

Mouse Velocity is affected by Window's Control Panel mouse speed settings. Default is 6 / 11 and all pros play on 6 / 11.

Please note: by all pros I meant at least 90%
    Please note 2: if pros tend to play on "mouse velocity" around 2000-8000 (definitely not 20 000) it probably means this sensitivity is proper to be good. However you should play on sensitivity you enjoy the most!!

Edit: Big big big part of community tends to place just their hand and wrist on the desk without their forearm. From my own experience, it will be difficult to play with low sensitivity/dpi without forearm placed on some surface. Moving crosshair left and right side is okay, moving it upwards and down is really really troublesome in such scenario.
    Last edited by Wenoxar; 2016-09-03 at 11:02 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Wenoxar View Post
    Sensitivity itself is irrelevant. And so is DPI. What matters is both DPI and sensitivity simultaneously.

DPI * Sensitivity = Mouse Velocity

For some reasoun pros in Overwatch tend to play most likely on Mouse Velocity of around ~4000. Some of course play on 2000, some on 7000, etc etc. In CS:GO pro players tend to play on Mouse Velocity of around 800-1100.

If you want to get, give or take, Mouse Velocity 4000 it does not matter whether you setup:
    - Sensitivity 4, DPI 1000
    - Sensitivity 2, DPI 2000
    - Sensitivity 10, DPI 400
    - Sensitivity 2.75, DPI 1454

because it is indeed all the same.

Mouse Velocity is affected by Window's Control Panel mouse speed settings. Default is 6 / 11 and all pros play on 6 / 11.

Please note: by all pros I meant at least 90%
    Please note 2: if pros tend to play on "mouse velocity" around 2000-8000 (definitely not 20 000) it probably means this sensitivity is proper to be good. However you should play on sensitivity you enjoy the most!!

Edit: Big big big part of community tends to place just their hand and wrist on the desk without their forearm. From my own experience, it will be difficult to play with low sensitivity/dpi without forearm placed on some surface. Moving crosshair left and right side is okay, moving it upwards and down is really really troublesome in such scenario.
    Extremely well written post. I would also say that another universal metric is the distance to do a 360°. Mine is 36cm per 360°, translated in 4.80 in game sens at 800 DPI.
    And about the hand position... it's true. Few years ago i used a higher sens in FPS and only used my wrist and my forearm wasn't on my desk, a bad habit i used for other games too; so i started feeling pain. Thankfully i'm using a better position now and it's been a while since my wrist hurt. :P
    Last edited by Seifa; 2016-09-03 at 11:53 AM.
    Here was a level 85 Enhancement Shaman. Now there is just an epitaph.

10+ Year Old Account
    I was running 1600 dpi and 6 sens but changed it to 2160/4.03. Feels good. I could see lowering it a tad if I played on a bigger mouse pad/desk that allowed for easier turns. On my pad though it was super clumsy and uncomfortable to turn quickly/reliably at lower sens.

10+ Year Old Account
    Just a tip for anyone adjusting their sens - meet it half way instead of setting it somewhere and then trying to get used to it. Constantly fiddle with it until it's at a place where your current flicks/tracking/muscle memory aren't so bad, then just get really used to that. You want it pretty low. None of this "2 inches per 360" shit I see people claim to be doing great with. I'd say between 10-20 inches. Not for every hero though. You can raise it up for heroes like Reinhardt, some supports, etc. You can take someone else's settings as a guide but make sure you set it to where it's most comfortable for you, after the prerequisites are met.

I suggest getting a big mouse pad. Play on a large surface where all your peripherals are level and your arms aren't contorted when using the mouse. Turn Vsync OFF or you're wasting your time. It causes huge input delay and screws with your aiming big time. I also highly recommend a 144hz monitor if you can run the game at 144+ fps, even on low. It makes such a huge difference in smoothness and mouse responsiveness.

I use 5.15 in-game sens, 800 dpi, 44 scope sens.
    Ryzen 9 5900X/Trident Z Neo 32GB 3600 CL16/AORUS 1080 Ti Xtreme/Crosshair VIII Hero Wi-Fi/Arctic Liquid Freezer II 240/Optane 900p 3D XPoint/EVGA SuperNOVA 1200 P2/Lian Li O11 Dynamic XL/Steelcase Leap/BenQ XL2411Z/Philips Fidelio X2HR/Noppoo Choc Mini (RIP Reckful)/Razer Viper Ultimate/QcK Heavy

800 dpi / 8 sens in game.

Quote Originally Posted by Zergin8r View Post
    If, for any reason, this isn't a troll post.. Lol.