Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by mistahwilshire View Post
    BM is like putting your dick inside the cheese grater. There are no winners here.
    You win the internet for today.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Madwolf View Post
    Beast Mastery Hunter here! I play Beast Mastery mostly because I like the idea of having this big awesome pet buddy that runs around and just wrecks stuff up with me. I've liked it that way since Vanilla when Beast Mastery hunters were REALLY bad. This is probably because of all the pets I had growing up, and my current super dog, and best bud who helped me through a very trying time in my life when I was having some medical issues.

In Legion Beast Mastery feels pretty powerful and fun for the most part. My pet can tank really well, even in circumstances that might overwhelm our other specs. I'm only 104 so far, thanks to all the adulting I've had to do this week, but it seems pretty good in 5-mans as well. My only real complaint is that without Chimera shot the spec has lots of down time, and I really don't understand why Chimera Shot wasn't baked into the spec, and I'm nearly positive it will be eventually and replaced with another talent. That being said, even with Chimera there are times when you have down time waiting on focus regen which just isn't all that fun. Now it doesn't always happen, and it never lasts for very long, but those times it does it takes the feel out of the game a little bit. You suddenly aren't active in playing the game, and that's just a bad feeling anytime it happens.

Overall I do feel like the spec is fun though, and I have enjoyed myself immensely so far. If you're going to pick a spec for your Hunter that you'll do the best in, I simply say that you must find out which of the 3 you enjoy yourself. Only then will you maximize your contribution to the group, because you're enjoying what you're doing, which should be the whole reason you're playing this game. I'm going to raid Mythics with my old Guild this expansion, and I'm going to do it with BM weather it's the Top spec or not. I've always done this, and we've always done well. Doing this raids and instances isn't about how much DPS you can do at all times, it's about surviving and playing proper mechanics. If you can manage that, you can manage enough dps to be an assets instead of a liability.
    Exactly why I rolled a BM hunter, I love the idea of having 2 pets plus being able to call in more of them
    Sylvaeres-Azkial-Pailerth @Proudmoore

Quote Originally Posted by FpicEail View Post
    Personally, I hate MM for two core reasons:

1) RNG dependence
    2) Low mobility due to aimed shot

It feels far too much like a caster for my liking.
    This is my issue with it. If I wanted to stand still and cast things I would have been a mage.

Deleted
    Spec that relies on RNG, like MM, retribution, destruction etc.. are bad, so bad in mythic that they are not even allowed to join, and if you do join your group will leave you and form another group.

I prefer MM, but BM seems to be better in dungeons because I won't pull everything

I decided to play BM but i asked a lot of people on their streams and they say that BM is a better choice for Mythic+ and MM for raids, the reason is that BM has a really high burst AoE damage and MM have a more consistent damage, but they all said that the difference between is not much of a big deal, seems like they upgraded the BM artifact to 13 traits and the rest on the MM for when the raid comes, i think i should've done that instead going full on BM artifact

Is BM really as simple and boring as people make it out to be?

Quote Originally Posted by Hashcrypt View Post
    Is BM really as simple and boring as people make it out to be?
    yeah it is kinda boring and even more so if using volley instead of barrage(less buttons).

Quote Originally Posted by Haajib View Post
    Spec that relies on RNG, like MM, retribution, destruction etc.. are bad, so bad in mythic that they are not even allowed to join, and if you do join your group will leave you and form another group.
    BS

I had zero issues joining mythic groups with my MM hunter. Almost instant invite

Quote Originally Posted by Madh4tter View Post
    yeah it is kinda boring and even more so if using volley instead of barrage(less buttons).
    BM with Volley is indeed terrible to play. You literally only have enough focus to refresh Beast Cleave on AoE, which means you're pressing 1 button every 4 seconds and then Dire Beast when that comes off Cooldown. Horrible design.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by ReVnX View Post
    BS

I had zero issues joining mythic groups with my MM hunter. Almost instant invite
    Same here. I'm also finding MM is performing better than BM for me personally in Mythics, as trash usually dies so fast that the sustained AoE from BM doesn't really come into play. On the bosses MM is also ahead of BM as BM needs a larger AP investment to compete on single target. BM is only winning for me when we mass pull and I can stampede a huge pack, or on some boss fights with super high mobility requirements for Ranged, like in the Eye of Aszhara.

BM is better at Solo questing, better in PvP and way more mobile for Mythic Dungeons.

I still suggest maining MM though, way more fun. I like maintaining the Vulnerable debuff.

Deleted
    I don't understand the hate from some people on this forum. Some people don't like MM because they don't like it.
    Doesn't make then any different from you not liking BM.

I hate MM with a passion, its clunky and not much harder then BM to play (surv is harder then both BM and MM).

Deleted
    Azors guides convinced me to go BM for dungeons even tho MM is better for raids, and yes, at every thrash in mythics only DHs can out dps me.
    But since MM singletarget is pretty good, and I have 15 traits in MM already, I wonder if it is worth respeccing for boss fights?
    Probably not since I have CR and BL pet, but what if the group has cr and bl already?

BM with certain artifact traits unlocked slaughters in Dungeons. Raids and single-target? Not so sure, but so far I've been outperforming on single-target damage in dungeons just fine.

That being said, BM is the lesser of 2 evil. I'd prefer to love both the 2 ranged Hunter specs over being able to tolerate one better than the other... Sorry, I don't experience the "MM is harder to play thus more compelling"-feel that some claim. It feels plenty easy, boring and has less mobility.
    Last edited by Queen of Hamsters; 2016-09-05 at 12:57 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by woozie21 View Post
    I don't understand the hate from some people on this forum. Some people don't like MM because they don't like it.
    Doesn't make then any different from you not liking BM.

I hate MM with a passion, its clunky and not much harder then BM to play (surv is harder then both BM and MM).
    Interesting, fluid, ranged. Choosing the spec of your hunter? Pick two.

Jokes aside, yeah BM is quite incredible when it comes to mythic trash. Playing Survival I have to time things perfectly for those big packs, keep up dots and traps, do Fury of the Eagle at the exactly right time, and then be rewarded by incredible dps - then again, BM does the same by pressing like, 2 buttons. Not to mention those Demon Hunters.

Deleted
    BM is just leagues better than MM in many ways. BM has more mobility, better damage, less RNG, and easier of course to play. And as a bonus BM artifact having Haati is pretty cool. Especially making her change to any pet you want.

There is just little reason to go MM. Only I can think is you get a bow but BM gets a bow for 8k gold also lol.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Okacz View Post
    Interesting, fluid, ranged. Choosing the spec of your hunter? Pick two.

Jokes aside, yeah BM is quite incredible when it comes to mythic trash. Playing Survival I have to time things perfectly for those big packs, keep up dots and traps, do Fury of the Eagle at the exactly right time, and then be rewarded by incredible dps - then again, BM does the same by pressing like, 2 buttons. Not to mention those Demon Hunters.
    BM & Survival. - Never touching MM. Id rather reroll to a mage.

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    Even though im a mythic raider I never really looked at which spec does the optimal damage. Doesnt matter to me or my group if we get world 100th or 400th. We just want to kill it with what we enjoy playing.

I like pet classes in MMOs. So I had to pick between BM & demo lock. BM won.

7+ Year Old Account
    I personally prefer BM right now. The only thing I'm not crazy about is sometimes when you use cobra shot to refresh kill command, kill command will almost stutter on your action bar. I'm pretty sure functionally it works right away, but visually there's like a little lag and it drives me crazy makes the "rotation," feel clunky.

Quote Originally Posted by FpicEail View Post
    Personally, I hate MM for two core reasons:

1) RNG dependence
    2) Low mobility due to aimed shot

It feels far too much like a caster for my liking.
    Marking Targets procs are literally the most predictable things in the world.

Quote Originally Posted by KronosIII View Post
    BM is just leagues better than MM in many ways. BM has more mobility, better damage, less RNG, and easier of course to play. And as a bonus BM artifact having Haati is pretty cool. Especially making her change to any pet you want.

There is just little reason to go MM. Only I can think is you get a bow but BM gets a bow for 8k gold also lol.
    I really hope you're just talking about 5-man content.
    Finbez
    Quote Originally Posted by eschatological
    if only WoW had come out when I was a teenager. Back then online gaming consisted of text-based MUDs....I could type "kill orc" faster than any of my competition, brosephs, and played a mean giantman cleric.

Because this is in my opinion the best version of BM I have played since I started in B.C.