Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by Humbugged View Post
    WoW is told from your character's perspective. If your character has never been there, then Blizzard doesnt need to add it to the map yet. Doesn't mean it doesn't exist.
    Uh... map? I didn't mention anything related to in game maps.

What I'm trying to say is that a landmass that was never mentioned or known in lore before and just popped up from nowhere doesn't make any sense.

Deleted
    Something with trolls. That would be awesome

I wish people would just understand that Blizzard intentionally NEVER mentioned at any point in their RPG, books, even the Chronicle, that Kalimdor was the only continent. It even said in the Chronicle "Kalimdor was the central continent on Azeroth" or something along those lines. They skirted around saying "The ONLY continent".

I imagine there's still plenty of land left to explore N,E,S and W of the current continents.
    It actually said that Ancient Kalimdor was the largest of azeroth's continents.

Edit: pg. 29 of Chronicle "This burgeoning civilization was located near the center of Azeroth's largest continent." - Speaking of Y'shaarj and the Black Empire. Which was the first civilization on Azeroth.
    Last edited by Punisher069; 2016-09-03 at 03:43 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by My User Name View Post

What I'm trying to say is that a landmass that was never mentioned or known in lore before and just popped up from nowhere doesn't make any sense.
    Well what I'm trying to say is, I've played many different MMORPGs from back in the days of pen and paper D&D. New continents suddenly appearing in lore is just commonplace in the fantasy genre. Take Tolkien for example. He never once mentions lands north or south of Middle Earth beyond the Forodwraith or Harad, yet obviously they exist because the landmass doesn't break into a coastline. Because the lore hasn't been written yet, doesn't mean it doesn't exist. Warcraft is still young, Blizzard wants to complete the lore of one continent before moving on to others most likely.

How about some other examples? The world in Elder Scrolls is called Nirn. Up until recently Tamriel was the only known continent on Nirn. I believe it was somewhere between Oblivion and Skyrim that Bethesda created the continents of Akavir, Pyandonea, Atmora,Yokuda and Aldmeris.

EverQuest creates new continents and landmasses like every couple years.

here it is in 2004 I believe

here it is now.

The D&D world is known as Eberron iirc, and with every new campaign comes a new unexplored section of it.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Punisher069 View Post

Edit: pg. 29 of Chronicle "This burgeoning civilization was located near the center of Azeroth's largest continent." - Speaking of Y'shaarj and the Black Empire. Which was the first civilization on Azeroth.
    Confirmation of their being more, as the only explored landmasses on Azeroth come from Kalimdor.
    Last edited by Al Gorefiend; 2016-09-03 at 03:42 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    I wish people would just understand that Blizzard intentionally NEVER mentioned at any point in their RPG, books, even the Chronicle, that Kalimdor was the only continent. It even said in the Chronicle "Kalimdor was the central continent on Azeroth" or something along those lines. They skirted around saying "The ONLY continent".
    Except they did.
    For many ages the Titans moved and shaped the earth, until at last, there remained only one perfect continent.
    --Warcraft III manual
    This was put in the in-game book and on the official website.

Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Ten thousand years before the First War, the world of Azeroth cradled only one massive continent: Kalimdor. (WC Encyclopedia)

And in the RPG (not canon anymore):
    Ten thousand years before the orcs and humans clashed in their First War, the world of Azeroth had only one massive continent — surrounded by the infinite, raging seas.
    --Warcraft RPG

Thousands and thousands of years ago, Azeroth was one enormous continent surrounded by the sea.
    [...]
    –65,000 Azeroth consists of a single, giant continent known as Kalimdor. At its center is the magical Well of Eternity, placed by the titans as a source of restoring energy.
    --Lands of Conflict

•–65,000: The Titans place the Well of Eternity, the source of all magic on Azeroth, in the center of the world’s single continent, Kalimdor.
    [...]
    To a casual observer, the Elemental Plane looks like a world similar to Azeroth: one large continent surrounded by water, with a yellow sun burning above.
    --World of Warcraft RPG

According to the history books, 10,000 years ago all the lands in Azeroth were part of the same giant land mass: the primeval Kalimdor.
    --Lands of Mystery

Quote Originally Posted by Punisher069 View Post
    That was something new in Chronicle. "Azeroth's largest continent" is used before the titans ordered it. After the ordering, it's referred to as "Azeroth's main landmass" and "the primary continent."
    Last edited by Aquamonkey; 2016-09-03 at 04:19 PM.

Oh, I would like to see an Azshara based expansion.

Alliance Major City
    - Kul Tiras
    Horde Major City
    - Kezan

We ally with the Zandalari led by King Rastakhan, we battle Naga and Old God minions. I can see islands similar to the Lost Isles and Isle of Thunder, with raptors, pterrorwings (I think that's what they're called) and other beasts.

I would also enjoy fighting more pygmies, saurok and pirates.

As for new races we encounter; a Polynesian-themed subrace of Tuskarr, kappa and maybe a shark-like subrace of murlocs.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by My User Name View Post

He means the map ingame and to us we all don't know if there's any other land masses left. Just because it wasn't mentioned doesn't mean they don't exist.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

Deleted
    i didn't like WoD or the AU stuff, but i was kind of hoping we would explore more of draenors landmasses!

Quote Originally Posted by Aquamonkey View Post
    Except they did.
    For many ages the Titans moved and shaped the earth, until at last, there remained only one perfect continent.
    --Warcraft III manual

Ten thousand years before the First War, the world of Azeroth cradled only one massive continent: Kalimdor. (WC Encyclopedia)

And in the RPG (not canon anymore):
    Ten thousand years before the orcs and humans clashed in their First War, the world of Azeroth had only one massive continent — surrounded by the infinite, raging seas.
    --Warcraft RPG

Thousands and thousands of years ago, Azeroth was one enormous continent surrounded by the sea.
    [...]
    –65,000 Azeroth consists of a single, giant continent known as Kalimdor. At its center is the magical Well of Eternity, placed by the titans as a source of restoring energy.
    --Lands of Conflict

•–65,000: The Titans place the Well of Eternity, the source of all magic on Azeroth, in the center of the world’s single continent, Kalimdor.
    [...]
    To a casual observer, the Elemental Plane looks like a world similar to Azeroth: one large continent surrounded by water, with a yellow sun burning above.
    --World of Warcraft RPG

According to the history books, 10,000 years ago all the lands in Azeroth were part of the same giant land mass: the primeval Kalimdor.
    --Lands of Mystery

That was something new in Chronicle. "Azeroth's largest continent" is used before the titans ordered it. After the ordering, it's referred to as "Azeroth's main landmass" and "the primary continent."
    So what do you think? Any more continents or no?

Quote Originally Posted by Aquamonkey View Post
    Except they did.
    --Warcraft III manual

(edited for space)

Technically they could still add other continents without breaking the lore they just wouldn't be "perfect" or "massive". Maybe perfect means titan influences and creations. Or they could just say the sundering had a reverse effect on a bunch of small landmasses by smashing them together into a super continent.

smart murlocs.
    yes smart murlocs.
    Anemo: traveler, Sucrose
    Pyro: Yanfei, Amber, diluc, xiangling, thoma, Xinyan, Bennett
    Geo: Noelle, Ningguang, Yun Jin, Gorou
    Hydro: Barbara, Zingqiu, Ayato
    Cyro: Shenhe, Kaeya, Chongyun, Diona, Ayaka, Rosaria
    Electro: Fischl, Lisa, Miko, Kujou, Raiden, Razor

So what do you think? Any more continents or no?
    Chronicle clearly created room for more continents which is interesting since it could/should be continents without Titan or old god influences.

They can continentify any small island if they so desire, because that's exactly what they did with Broken Isles. If we assume they won't do that, then all we have left of Azeroth uncharted is a collection of islands spread out far and wide.
    Now you see it. Now you don't.

But was where Dalaran?

I'm near certain Kezan and Zandalar will each host an entire expansion, and I wouldn't be surprised if they somehow found a way to do the same for Kul'Tiras too.