Page 7 of 17 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by TheVaryag View Post
    tl;dr
    I wonder how people are able to do every zone and not get max level. I got my 110 halfway through Val'sharah.

Inn a role playing game quests are party of is essence. Try paying dungeons and dragons without questing, it can't be done. It's literally party of the genre. Plus the amount of real lore and question answering in this xpac is insane. If you don't like questing anymore it's probably you who have to move on.

Quote Originally Posted by TheVaryag View Post
    I'd partly agree, It's odd how they went into this direction of forcing to do all the zone quests, not only that, but all over the forums, Ingame and everywhere people are complaining you can't get to lvl 110 by doing the 4 zones, there's not enough quests and/or stuff to do apparently... I myself did all the four zones you can choose from, did some mining, pet battles, some of those "Bonus" zone quests that give like barely two bars of XP, finished my mining quest and... I dinged 109, and got nowhere else to go or do to get to Suramar, cause apparently even due to all this scaled leveling, you cant go to Suramar unless you're 110, but you cant go there unless you do every, single, little quest In each zone apparently, which I find bad.
    What a bulshiit. I just finished 1 zone (Stormheim) and Im half the way to lvl 105. After ONE zone. If you finished all 4 zones and are only lvl 109 then you did not even do half the quest available. So rest of your post is just nonsense.

Quote Originally Posted by reffan View Post
    I wonder how people are able to do every zone and not get max level. I got my 110 halfway through Val'sharah.
    Because people are bullshitting to get their point across.

i too hate a game that makes me play it to play it.

7+ Year Old Account
    see you 30th august

Quote Originally Posted by Kreeshak View Post
    That took me more seconds to process it than it should :P
    I actually had to re-read it several times to make sure I said it right. It was, indeed, a bitch to read but it was much easier to write with the going train of thought.

I think they can remove the MM of MMORPG.

Well it's not even a RPG any more. They can remove that as well.

It's just a single-player online game now.

Quote Originally Posted by DarkTZeratul View Post
    So you don't like questing, or leveling, or exploring... So exactly what do you enjoy about WoW?
    Dungeons, raids, gearing up my main and alts, becoming as good as i can with every toon in every spec.

Quote Originally Posted by Sencha View Post
    I think they can remove the MM of MMORPG.

Well it's not even a RPG any more. They can remove that as well.

It's just a single-player online game now.
    It's much more of an RPG now than it has been in the past few years.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by analmoose View Post
    Dungeons, raids, gearing up my main and alts, becoming as good as i can with every toon in every spec.
    Part of becoming as good as you can has always required, you know, levelling up.
    What do you think you know and how do you think you know it?

Are you conscious in the sense of being aware of your own awareness?

Quote Originally Posted by analmoose View Post
    Because Dungeons and Raiding isnt "exploring" ?

Also GL becoming "good" with an X or Y class without level it out.

Nothing triggers me more than someone using the word 'forced' when talking about a video game. Also this thread proves you can't win. Someone will moan about everything

Deleted
    Yeah its all the fault of player complaining about repetitive boring grind in MoP and lack of world content! Thats basically asking for forced quest grind in unoriginal unconnected zones designed just around nonstop quest grind courses! How dare you to ask for relatively less quest and more content that gives you room to breath besides the quest grind course. You have to choose either with lack of anything or shit! There is no other way like not pushing shit in your face everywhere you go at cost of everything else!

Its all your fault. Im not saying they can never do wrong, but Blizzard is perfect and never does anything wrong.

And its just your opinion. Opinions that are anything but cheerleading for Blizzard are invalid! Stop speaking for the millions who unconditionally love it which I know for a fact because I say so. Please leave be more constructive by not saying anything that contradicts my echochamber!

Time to give up MMORPG's OP because this is as good as it gets.

I love it
    There is the sad paradox of a world which is more and more sensitive about being politically correct, almost to the point of ridicule, yet does not wish to acknowledge or to respect believers’ faith in God

10+ Year Old Account
    OP - Why are you playing WoW then? We're 12 years in and you've always had to level up, usually with questing being a significant part of that. This cannot possibly be a surprise to you. Quests are and always have been a core component of WoW... so why are you still playing if you have them so much? It's like saying "I hate the whole instances thing" or "It annoys me that gear matters."

I mean if you have specific complaints about Legion questing, cool, but complaining about the mechanism seems odd.

Deleted
    Well, brace yourself for the world quest since they are basically the same quests you already did but you'll need to repeat them every day.

By the way, "forced" is the right word since you HAVE to do quests to get the daily chest....you'll probably need to do them until you have your garr...ehm class hall completed and every legendary.
    World quests are basically fake content and a chore like the dailies in mop (something that I totally miss since I didn't play), blizzard copied way too much diablo 3, this isn't an arpg, this is supposed to be an mmorpg yet they still focus on single player boring content.

How about eliminate istances and make everything phased, how about collecting things for a common objective like they did with aq...
    They just went with the lazy approach again, I guess they are investing all the time on the questing phase to sell copies of the game, they probably think they can retain casuals with repetitive content and hardcore players with raiding but they aren't building an mmo anymore, this is more like diablo.

Quote Originally Posted by The-Shan View Post
    LMAO, Yes it is, unless you rush it, and skip cutscenes. Took me 3-4 days.
    I got 1 to 110 while still watching cutscenes and reading text in 12 hours. My other 2 chars I've gotten to 110 in about 9 hours. If you can focus you can level fast without slamming through everything. Also this is the first expansion I've ever leveled more than 1 char to cap
    Quote Originally Posted by TCGamer View Post
    If I had the cash to pay a DDoSer, I would in a heartbeat. Especially with the way the anti-legacy crowd has been attacked by the pro-legacy crowd day in and day out.

Quote Originally Posted by malkara View Post
    Part of becoming as good as you can has always required, you know, levelling up.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ehuehuecopter View Post
    Because Dungeons and Raiding isnt "exploring" ?

Also GL becoming "good" with an X or Y class without level it out.
    Uhh, no. Not at all. I've played since vanilla, and never once has questing helped me improve on my ability to play a toon. The only way it help me, is by getting me to max level, which is fuckin arbitrary, the need to keep increasing level cap anymore is silly. Add new areas, new quest hubs, new lore, new factions and rep, but make them mostly optional. Those who wish to participate in that part of the game can, and those of us who prefer not to can enjoy the game our way. Do you know how to improve yourself? You go somewhere challenging, and try. Like UBRS back in the day, learned to kite with my hunter. BC heroics were great to learn to tank and CC.

Quest mobs... yeah.. spam a few buttons until shits dead and move on to the next, much fun, such challenge, wow, lrearning!

Deleted
    It's interesting that players' experiences regarding leveling time and zones are so different. I wonder what's going there, I don't believe large amounts of players suddenly start lying about this for no reason, either exaggerating or understating the amount of quests.

I for one hit 110 slightly more than halfway through my last zone, without doing a single dungeon. Did my order hall quests and bonus objectives though.

The questing seems fine, it doesn't take that long if done efficiently (see conslegion). What really puts me off from leveling an alt already is artifact power, gated quests and professions. Those just feel brickwally.

Regarding treasures, I did get exp for them early on, but only about 830. After a while it just stopped completely. Seems strangely inconsistent.
    Last edited by mmoc48cc6e9b6a; 2016-09-03 at 07:09 PM.