Page 5 of 14 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Обединени социалистически щати на Америка
    Quote Originally Posted by Aurinaux View Post
    Actually yeah, it's not that legally invalid. "I know it when I see it" is not terribly uncommon.
    Its also a shitty way to write a law.

Tasteless assholes. If they're so brave they should start criticizing Izrael with it's criminal acts. Or that multiculti crap specially in Germany.

But the most bugging thing about this supposed "satire" is - what was that for? Didn't they had any other issue to mock up on? I just don't get it. Usually satire is there to spread some message, for example Romeo and Juliette was a satire to show how reckless teenagers are and that their decisions made in emotions are stupid and cosed them death in the end.

In here- I just don't get the purpose other than getting on people's nerves. What is the message in it? There is none, it's hollow therefore. Shallow ass move to get popularity.
    I miss Mists of Pandaria

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aurinaux View Post
    Well, I gave it my best shot, with the most promising poster in the thread. I think I'll just conclude it there. Happy Saturday.
    I am not sure what you were trying to achieve.

I am going to support the victims of terrorism, even if the terrorists claimed to act in my interests - I have done this in respect of Loyalist terrorist groups in Northern Ireland, so it is not a new concept for me.

If you don't like something that someone draws, then do not support it, say you dislike it if you want, but do not call for it to be censored and never use violence. Violence is not an acceptable reaction to someone taking the piss out of your religion/political views/whatever.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Ramz View Post
    Tasteless assholes. If they're so brave they should start criticizing Izrael with it's criminal acts. Or that multiculti crap specially in Germany.
    If they criticised Israel or Germany, people would not shoot them, so I am not sure how that would be brave.

Quote Originally Posted by Kalis View Post
    If they criticised Israel or Germany, people would not shoot them, so I am not sure how that would be brave.
    Oh how little you know...
    I miss Mists of Pandaria

Deleted

Who would shoot them?

10+ Year Old Account
    The numbers of terrorist strikes carried out by Israeli or German forces for criticism of their respective countries, is what roughly? Zero ish?

Even Israel, which is hardly an angel or averse to sending tanks in, requires more than a bit of criticism or mockery before they act.

10+ Year Old Account
    Обединени социалистически щати на Америка
    Quote Originally Posted by Skavau View Post

Who would shoot them?
    The 4th reich!

DA DA DAAAA!!!

If they criticized Israel, the magazine wouldn't even be published and the person responsible for the drawing would be sacked, like what happened to Siné.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Snowraven View Post
    Now I'm curious, do you still support them if you were in with the "Je suis Charlie" movement? I thought they were out of line then and they are out of line now. These are the people you've been supporting. Shooting them was a criminal act, but they aren't beacons of good either.

[url]http://www.bbc.com/news/world-europe-3

"Satirical French magazine Charlie Hebdo has been criticised on social media for a cartoon depicting Italian earthquake victims as pasta dishes.

The cartoon which features in its current issue refers to the town of Amatrice, one of the areas hardest hit by the 6.2 magnitude earthquake last week.

Amatrice is home of spaghetti all'amatriciana, a dish with ingredients including tomato sauce, and guanciale ham.

The image shows an injured man and a woman standing next to a pile of rubble from which feet can be seen. Each of the standing figures has been named after a pasta dish.

The bandaged man is shown under the words penne tomato sauce, a woman with burns is depicted as penne gratin, and bodies lying beneath layers of rubble as lasagne all beneath the heading "Earthquake Italian style".

The cartoon which is being circulated on social media has attracted huge criticism globally and in Italy it has made the pages of Italian national newspapers La Stampa and Corriere della Serra.

It is not the first time #CharlieHebdo has been used on social media to express outrage at one of its cartoons.

@DaniBailo tweeted in Italian: "The cartoon you didn't expect. Worthy is the concept that satire is free but good taste has boundaries."

While @lellina23 posted: "This is disgusting. #CharlieHebdo you need to learn a little respect! #Italyearthquake #Italy"

In another post @RNocerino goes into detail criticising the cartoon. In it he states: "All I would like to say is if Charlie Hebdo was bombed again I shall not be participating in the status Je Suis Charlie.""
    I never defended them. I never will. They're a buncha fucking assholes.
    But what was done to them is unacceptable and should always be condemned.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hargrik View Post
    If they criticized Israel, the magazine wouldn't even be published and the person responsible for the drawing would be sacked, like what happened to Siné.
    Better to be fired than fired on.

Quote Originally Posted by s_bushido View Post
    How? To some Muslims, the blasphemy involved in drawing Muhammad (especially depicting him doing the things that comic has shown) is one of the worst things you can do. I fail to see how mocking a religion that's important to billions is any different than mocking a tragedy that effected the lives of thousands/millions.
    If I found a religion that says saying hello is the worst thing you can possibly do, am I then justified in killing people who say hello? There's a difference between taking offense to something and exacting violent retribution. Killing someone because they made fun of you is not ok. Also, the fact that you don't understand how mocking tragedy is different than making fun of religion says a lot about you.
    Beta Club Brosquad

But the most bugging thing about this supposed "satire" is - what was that for? Didn't they had any other issue to mock up on? I just don't get it. Usually satire is there to spread some message, for example Romeo and Juliette was a satire to show how reckless teenagers are and that their decisions made in emotions are stupid and cosed them death in the end.

In here- I just don't get the purpose other than getting on people's nerves. What is the message in it? There is none, it's hollow therefore. Shallow ass move to get popularity.
    They have mocked Jew's and Israel. Google is your friend.

Charlie Hebdo is essentially Mad Magazine that people mistake for a serious publication. The purpose of Charlie is this right here, to create discussion.

Chalie Hebdo had a tiny audience before the radical Islamists attacked them. If you don't like what they do, the best way to hurt Charlie Hebdo is to ignore them.

"This will be a fight against overwhelming odds from which survival cannot be expected. We will do what damage we can."

-- Capt. Copeland

I never really supported the message itself, just the right to send it out.

That's funny in a dark way. It's fine its freedom of speech. We don't need PC people stopping that.

Deleted

Oh they do criticise Israel. Oh God they do.
    In a similiar way too.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Gilrak View Post
    Comparing mass murder to edgy dark humour.
    Yup, sounds about right.
    THis answer and your signature is so much worse than the OP let's call this communism, especially when the first "commune" joke was in 1792... Maybe the first "Je suis Paris " propaganda.

Nevermind, the Satire here isn't about humor. This is badly done, but that's not humour here.

Some traditions are about moaning and paying some insane annoying noisy hippopotamus females to cry and scream... and they are calling this respect for the dead.

But you can find a lot of traditions festing for the dead, where peupel sings, laugh altogether for the one who access the suprem rest.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V1bF...youtu.be&t=157

This is disrecpect right ?

Right Kidos ?

Right ?

That's communion in that case

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by McFuu View Post
    They have mocked Jew's and Israel. Google is your friend.

Charlie Hebdo is essentially Mad Magazine that people mistake for a serious publication. The purpose of Charlie is this right here, to create discussion.
    The purpose of Charlie hebdo is to sell and exist. They do that by attracting peoples attention. Most of their titles and topics DO NOT bring in discussion.
    Like, for example, this one here in the OP.

i wonder if someone drawn a cartoon of those journalists being shoted to death by a terrorist insulting the memories of those who died that day how many gonna get butthurt over it.
    Quote Originally Posted by caervek View Post
    Obviously this issue doesn't affect me however unlike some raiders I don't see the point in taking satisfaction in this injustice, it's wrong, just because it doesn't hurt me doesn't stop it being wrong, the player base should stand together when Blizzard do stupid shit like this not laugh at the ones being victimised.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Paraclef View Post
    THis answer and your signature is so much worse than the OP let's call this communism, especially when the first "commune" joke was in 1792... Maybe the first "Je suis Paris " propaganda.

Nevermind, the Satire here isn't about humor. This is badly done, but that's not humour here.

Some traditions are about moaning and paying some insane annoying noisy hippopotamus females to cry and scream... and they are calling this respect for the dead.

But you can find a lot of traditions festing for the dead, where peupel sings, laugh altogether for the one who access the suprem rest.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V1bF...youtu.be&t=157

This is disrecpect right ?

Right Kidos ?

Right ?

That's communion in that case
    Five years and I still haven't understood one thing you've ever written.