Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Arcway & Court of Stars - What am I missing?

So it's my understanding that you need 8000/12000 honored reputation with the Nightfallen to unlock the 'attunement' quests for these dungeons. I have done 8/11 zone chapters, gotten the Nightfallen but Not Forgotten achievement, completed the Leyline Bling achievement, have done the Collapse scenario x3 with max reputation gained, and have done every Suramar WQ that has been available since launch and I am only 1600/12000 honored with the Nightfallen. The thing is I see a bunch of groups in the group finder for these dungeons... so what am I missing? As far as I can tell I have completed everything currently available to me that would award Nightfallen reputation. How have people been able to get the necessary rep this quickly?
    Last edited by siyX-; 2016-09-02 at 09:22 PM.

There was an exploit at launch that let people repeat the scebario. Other than that people in the group finder often are unaware they need to be attuned. You aren't missing anything just takes time

Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk

You need to keep doing the scenario and the daily world quest of the zone to keep progressing your rep so as methodical said it just takes time..

Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    I am at 3250 and I know I missed a few world quests (I had to sleep OK?!) Next time I get the scenario I should be able to grab the last couple of chests (only missing one mana-rager and a few of the upgrades now). It really is mostly about doing everything the zone has to offer.

Btw while the quests themselves might give you no rep and while it might feel like a massive loss of AP doing them now, doing the other stories unlocks further world quests in the zone
    Ya, all of my withered die before the first chest. I suck at the scenario

Well you are a rogue and I am a protection paladin Though to be honest . . . the scenario is about being careful with your pulls and having tons of interrupts and stuns. I'd think a rogue who makes the effort can excel at it.
    Ya, it's that first boss that gives me a rough time. I can kill her just fine but all of my withered die during the fight

Quote Originally Posted by methodical View Post
    Ya, all of my withered die before the first chest. I suck at the scenario

I was doing pretty well, had 12 whithered at roughly 80% health. Saw a big chest and suddenly a 30 mil hp elite came out and one shot all of my whithered.

Deleted
    You can just cc the first boss and collect/kill the other stuff in the room, bosses give 0 score.

Deleted
    This is a nightmare for me.
    I find it really stupid that 2 dungeons are gated behind such a....special scenario.
    I am a heal monk with a meh dps weapon, all the withered die to the AE the mobs in the very first rooms, i cant kill them fast enough, last time i got 90 copper as a reard and almost uninstalled.

I will be locked out of the dungeons because of this ridicilous scenario.

Isnt a long quest chain enough? There are a million quests in that zone and all those teleporters and layline things and feeding the NPCs and world quests, does all the rep really need to be bundled into that scenario?
    (quests 25 rep, scenario 400)
    Last edited by mmoc604744a846; 2016-09-03 at 02:52 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Nague View Post
    I find it really stupid that 2 dungeons are gated behind such a....special scenario.
    I am a heal monk with a meh dps weapon, all the withered die to the AE the mobs in the very first rooms, i cant kill them fast enough, last time i got 90 copper as a reard and almost uninstalled.

Isnt a long quest chain enough? There are a million quests in that zone and all those teleporters and layline things and feeding the NPCs and world quests, does all the rep really need to be bundled into that scenario?
    And world quests give even more rep than that. You don't need to do the scenario. Even without it I would still be honored already

Is the scenario random spawn? I first did it on tuesday and it took me untill now to get it a second time?

Quote Originally Posted by aesthir View Post
    Is the scenario random spawn? I first did it on tuesday and it took me untill now to get it a second time?
    I believe is a 2-3 day respawn

Quote Originally Posted by tgrape View Post
    I was doing pretty well, had 12 whithered at roughly 80% health. Saw a big chest and suddenly a 30 mil hp elite came out and one shot all of my whithered.
    Same thing happened to me except it was the webs. 18 withered, average 60% health. Ignite popped a web and the boss spawned and 3 shot me.

Gotta love not being able to scum it as a tank.

10+ Year Old Account
    What I'm interested in is whether all members of a 5 man group have to be attuned or if the leader's attunement is required.

Most damage that your withered can take is avoidable in some fashion, except for a couple of cockblock bosses that are made to be done with a certain number of withered + upgrades.

You should really go brewmaster, a number of other classes don't get the benefit of a tank spec, so use it.

After all of the leylines and quest chains, you only do the following things to maintain your rep intake:

- world quests - few hundred rep every day
    - feed mana to the 3 NPCs - 150 rep every day
    - scenario - 400 rep every 3 days
    - surumar emissary - 1500 rep every 6 days

You'll really be wishing at that stage that there was more to do, because I keep looking at my empty surumar map and feeling sad.

Quote Originally Posted by Everything Nice View Post
    I skip all bosses and get one or two chests per run. My route is just go past the first room, down the stairs on the left, through the broken hall in the wall, clear this circular room (usually has one chest) then continue into the broken area behind it, which usually has a 10 withered chest.
    All of the 5-10 withered chests are one time rewards that in most cases are permanent upgrades to your withered. They won't be there next time you head in, instead you'll have to capitalise on those upgrades to delve deeper into the scenario.

Honestly I feel like I massively fucked up somewhere. I've done all the WQs I could find every day, kept up with feeding mana, and did the Leylines and I'm only 5950 *friendly*. I fucked up the Withered Training scenario twice, but even then I'd still only be ~1k honoured.

Is it possible I'm missing a fuckton of WQs because I haven't completed the hidden side quests scattered around Suramar?

EDIT: Also, would it be easier to do the Withered training as Ret or Holy? I'd like to be able to heal all the Withered and let them face tank stuff, but then I can't really interrupt anything.

So is there cap on how much rep you can get from the scenario ? is 400 the cap ?

Homophobia is so gay.

Oh i see.

Well I'm missing on 100 rep every scenario then. Fuck being a shadowpriest with the nightborne tri shotting you.

Homophobia is so gay.

Deleted
    I really think they should add something between chapter 8 and 9, that 7k rep gap feels really weird when you can get like 2k rep per week at most if you do everything perfectly... Just feels very awkward at the moment, doing this awesome some and suddenly... nope, replocked.

Going to be wildly annoying also to wait a few weeks on all your alts to get into arcway and cos.

I am certain I got 3x25 tokens in the beta (when I was doing full clears with scores over 550) in addition to the 4x100 tokens.

- - - Updated - - -

In a week you should be able to get=
    1500 from weekly + 750 from weekly Kirin Tor + 425x2 from withered training scenario (possibly x3) + 150x7 from feeding the nightfallen NPCs =4150 not accounting at all for completing all world quests (easily another 500 per day). That leaves us at 7650 minimum per week, before any rep bonus (go to the faire this week!)
    What kirin tor weekly are you talking about?

Deleted
    I am certain I got 3x25 tokens in the beta (when I was doing full clears with scores over 550) in addition to the 4x100 tokens.

- - - Updated - - -

1500 from weekly + 750 from weekly Kirin Tor + 425x2 from withered training scenario (possibly x3) + 150x7 from feeding the nightfallen NPCs =4150 not accounting at all for completing all world quests (easily another 500 per day). That leaves us at 7650 minimum per week, before any rep bonus (go to the faire this week!)
    What weeklies are this? I've done 8 chapters and done all the WQ's etc. but i haven't seen any weeklies? I must be missing something here!
    Or do you mean the WQ bonus chest, that is not a guaranteed weekly is it? I thought the reps are random or do they rotate?

7 caches per week. Nightfallen, Court of Farondis, Highmountain, Valarjar, Dreamweavers, Wardens and Kirin Tor. The Kirin Tor world quests are only available when the cache is available, are peculiar (puzzle and platforming quests) and award a cache plus a rep token for any of the six factions. Honestly I can't understand why they did not do a PvP faction (Gilneas Brigade!) that would require 4 of the PvP world quests but I guess some people are allergic to any mention of PvP...
    As long as they don't do a pet battle faction it's all good.

- - - Updated - - -

- - - Updated - - -

It's 250 from Kirin Tor, not 750. Unless they buffed it since beta.
    Tradushuffle
    <Echoes>
    Laughing Skull-EU