Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Ouch View Post
    The truth is there are only 3 safe pvp bets in the game.

Rogues
    Mages
    Resto druids

They control the battle field and always have all the tools to pvp at high level. Thats the only thing you can do to not ever have to be obsolete. The nerf they can get is always inconsequential for the skilled. If you are as good as you think you are you are never useless on these. They are mechanically made for pvp

Runner up holy paladin from the cleave value.

Any other spec and class are never safe. If you roll them to be Op and they apply the nerf bat, you are always at risk of being dog shit for a while. This effect is even greater for dps paladin and shaman.
    + hunters ofc

Wasnt resto shit in cata, and rogues sucked extremely bad in the first season of Mop?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Crruor View Post
    Wasnt resto shit in cata, and rogues sucked extremely bad in the first season of Mop?
    Resto was shit in the 1st season of WotLK but not because of their own mechanics but simply because DKs where pretty much everywhere and they had the ability to instantly dispell their hots.

Quote Originally Posted by juicefruit View Post
    + hunters ofc
    Hunter were garbage all of tbc beside mana drain comps and all of wotlk. In legion its all garbage except BM to blow cooldowns in cleaves.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Crruor View Post
    No rogue were still all present at high rating. Rogue does not require to deal damage to take part in high end pvp. Even at their worse they were always present at arena tournaments. As long as rogues have blind, cheapshot, kidney shot, vanish. They will always have a spot and synergy with others.

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Demsi View Post
    Dont think so, maybe allright in low rated 2v2 and Bg's, but we wont be seeing any Rets in RbG's
    Quote Originally Posted by Snegovik View Post
    Meh gotta wait and see for that. Arena wise we might be OKish, but still i dont see how Rets can be viable @ a serious RBG rating.

100% agree on a boring part though lol

They've not been viable in RBGs for years. Usually when people talk about viability they're talking about 3s.
    Last edited by Krusza; 2016-09-02 at 11:10 AM.

Deleted
    The problem is really that they are balancing PvP around small scale fights (3v3). This was always and will always be problematic for RGB balance. At least they are more independent on PvE now, so maybe they have a little room to balance larger scale PvP.

A general problem in RGBs is that WoW does not balance the game around different roles. Ranged classes have the advantage of range for example, but they are in many cases as survivable as their melee counterparts who have to be in the thick of battle. In general ranged classes are always more desirable in RGBs because of that. Exceptions only occur with melee classes that have "special purposes", like rogues with all the tricks they have or DKs with grip. Other melee are usually only taken if their damage is exceptional (like Arms, Enhancement in later WoD).

Quote Originally Posted by Arancor View Post
    The problem is really that they are balancing PvP around small scale fights (3v3). This was always and will always be problematic for RGB balance. At least they are more independent on PvE now, so maybe they have a little room to balance larger scale PvP.

A general problem in RGBs is that WoW does not balance the game around different roles. Ranged classes have the advantage of range for example, but they are in many cases as survivable as their melee counterparts who have to be in the thick of battle. In general ranged classes are always more desirable in RGBs because of that. Exceptions only occur with melee classes that have "special purposes", like rogues with all the tricks they have or DKs with grip. Other melee are usually only taken if their damage is exceptional (like Arms, Enhancement in later WoD).
    I hope they keep their promise of adding unique utility to classes over time, as their gamescom interview indicated. They went full prune mode and that's fine as a baseline, but they need to start injecting some utility and counterplay into some specs that are only balanced by virtue of their damage.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Ouch View Post
    Hunter were garbage all of tbc beside mana drain comps and all of wotlk. In legion its all garbage except BM to blow cooldowns in cleaves.

- - - Updated - - -

No rogue were still all present at high rating. Rogue does not require to deal damage to take part in high end pvp. Even at their worse they were always present at arena tournaments. As long as rogues have blind, cheapshot, kidney shot, vanish. They will always have a spot and synergy with others.
    V true, a 'bad season' for rogues is where they miss out on God tier because something counters them temporarily. They have been consistently the best/one of the best pvp classes since launch and the legion ability prune has been very forgiving to them.

If you're looking for a pvp class I'd say go rogue.

Quote Originally Posted by Ermelloth View Post
    Ret is in "not very viable" category. Lol, nothing new.
    This entire list is outdated. Unholy dk is in god tier but got nerfed extremely hard. Same with fire mage. Meanwhile, ret was buffed by quite a lot.

Ret will absolutely be viable in 3s. It may not have a lot of suitable comps that run well with it, but itll have a few.

As for RBGs, I dont think ret has ever been viable for that. Not only that, but prot is going to be the go to FC and base defender due to the immunity, stuns, bubbles, damage mitigation, self healing and damage it has. Holy is always a good choice for anything pvp related, even more so now that we have a build that does really really good damage and healing at the same time with Avenging Crusader. Why take a ret when you will most likely have a prot or holy pally already. Theres other classes that are just better in RBGs. But for 3s, ret already has a few comps that run well.
    Last edited by Taeldorian; 2016-09-03 at 06:11 PM.

personally i would go with affliction lock. that whole "rot" concept always seems to be viable in rbgs and 3v3.

Deleted
    Thanks all for the replies.

Still not hit re-sub yet as I'm finding less and less time to get a free night these days, but weekends are killing me when I'm sat idle for a day and a half trying to avoid going out and the friends I play other games with are working. Itching to play again as a time killer. Deleted all my addon settings though, that would be a full day to redo

How is Blood DK fairing both in PVP and PVE?
    Last edited by mmoc71c5112e9f; 2016-09-04 at 09:45 AM.