Page 25 of 27 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Nyel View Post
    Can anybody tell me what's the use of our artifact skill? Or which niche does it fill? It's quite disappointing and I don't know many situations where I'd use it (except that it's a free heal every 45sec).
    It's like a double chain heal without penalties on jumps which boosts health too and on a very short cooldown, nothing wrong with it, I actually like it a lot. I think it's pretty much the best among artifact clicks.

Quote Originally Posted by Kyranna View Post
    It's like a double chain heal without penalties on jumps which boosts health too and on a very short cooldown, nothing wrong with it, I actually like it a lot. I think it's pretty much the best among artifact clicks.
    My issue with the skill is that it's PbAoE. Although the radius is huge it's difficult to use it in many situations, especially in 5mans. It's no bad skill, but it's not necessarily what we've needed.

And the thing with the health boost... I'm a bit insecure about it's effectiveness. Is it like an absorb shield that gives you "extra" health until it finally disappears?

And the CD of 45 sec is too long. 30 seconds would be good. It actually is a free Wellspring with a little HP buff to it.

My issue with the skill is that it's PbAoE. Although the radius is huge it's difficult to use it in many situations, especially in 5mans. It's no bad skill, but it's not necessarily what we've needed.

And the thing with the health boost... I'm a bit insecure about it's effectiveness. Is it like an absorb shield that gives you "extra" health until it finally disappears?

And the CD of 45 sec is too long. 30 seconds would be good. It actually is a free Wellspring with a little HP buff to it.
    You place a targeting reticule to cast it.

Quote Originally Posted by Kyranna View Post
    You place a targeting reticule to cast it.
    I meant GtAoE, sorry.

It's not a bad skill, as I said. I simply don't know which role in our toolkit it is meant to fill.
    Last edited by Nyel; 2016-08-30 at 09:44 PM.

I meant GtAoE, sorry.

It's not a bad skill, as I said. I simply don't know which role in our toolkit it is meant to fill.
    On that I may agree, it'd have been better if it was a tank heal, similar to the Mistweaver one.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Ham on Rye View Post
    Having played both on Alpha and Beta, I preferred the Shaman. It has more healing cooldowns, a more complete healing toolkit, and the big one is that I never really have to stand in melee range. Mistweaver Monks will likely have to spend a lot of time not only in melee range, but also DPSing the boss, in order to get the full effect of its healing and abilities. I greatly dislike the "DPS to Heal" concept (and especially being in melee range to do it, because WoW is a notoriously melee unfriendly game at high levels), so Shaman it is.

where is that even coming from, monks have 1 big talent that requires exactly 1 melee attack every 10 seconds and without legendaries its still a big healing loss to take it, even with those you might not take the melee talent if you dont want to trade healing for damage.

There is literally nothing that makes monk heal while DPSing, there are only opportunities to dps INSTEAD of heal, exactly like the shaman has too.

Quote Originally Posted by Nague View Post
    where is that even coming from, monks have 1 big talent that requires exactly 1 melee attack every 10 seconds and without legendaries its still a big healing loss to take it, even with those you might not take the melee talent if you dont want to trade healing for damage.

There is literally nothing that makes monk heal while DPSing, there are only opportunities to dps INSTEAD of heal, exactly like the shaman has too.
    Do more research on Monk, then, because you're not understanding the current state of the spec well enough. Fistweaving is actually more throughput than Mistweaving right now, because of the combo of the Spirit of the Crane and Rising Thunder talents. They're not "trading healing for damage" because they're getting damage, AND they're actually also getting more healing than a standard ranged healing Mistweaver, too.

Do more research on Monk, then, because you're not understanding the current state of the spec well enough. Fistweaving is actually more throughput than Mistweaving right now, because of the combo of the Spirit of the Crane and Rising Thunder talents. They're not "trading healing for damage" because they're getting damage, AND they're actually also getting more healing than a standard ranged healing Mistweaver, too.
    That's not really true. With the Legendary it was better but they nerfed it and most Monks agree that Fistweaving and Mistweaving will be on par (in 5man Mistweaving outshines Fistweaving as far as I know).

And they're not getting more healing, they just enhance some skills (no cast time, no mana cost etc.). Fistweaving becomes very good when you've got the Legendary for it (Legs).

Has anybody some information for Tidal Pools and can agree / disagree with me?

Does it only proc when you use Riptide or can it proc from HoT-ticks? (I think it only procced while applying it)

How many Tidal Pool totems can be active? (I got two due to the CD but maybe you can get more, e.g. with the legendary)

Is there an internal CD? (Don't think so, with Echo of the Elements I got two totems within a global CD)

Does Haste improve Tidal Pools?

I really love this trait. And the visual effect is stunning.
    Last edited by Nyel; 2016-09-01 at 10:04 PM.

I don't think it has an internal cd > gcd, because I have seen it proc on two subsequent riptides (2 charges). That means least 2 can be active at the same time.
    Have not seen it procc on anything else but the first cast, no ticks.

Well I've to say the resto shaman artifact was the worst experience I've had in legion by far. I couldn't use the Vashir mount. I got killed by other shamans. Clue's where annoying to find. And the mage was bugged and did not participate on killing the naga at the end.

I was doubting between rduid and rshaman. But now I'm switching from my 103 shaman to my 100 druid. Very dissapointed.

Quote Originally Posted by Mazeari View Post
    Well I've to say the resto shaman artifact was the worst experience I've had in legion by far. I couldn't use the Vashir mount. I got killed by other shamans. Clue's where annoying to find. And the mage was bugged and did not participate on killing the naga at the end.

I was doubting between rduid and rshaman. But now I'm switching from my 103 shaman to my 100 druid. Very dissapointed.
    If you're basing the artifact quest on your reason to switch over classes, then it doesn't seem like you should have been playing a shaman at all.

Deleted
    What talents are people using?

Quote Originally Posted by Waterpark View Post
    If you're basing the artifact quest on your reason to switch over classes, then it doesn't seem like you should have been playing a shaman at all.
    The quest was nice and I liked it but the Vashjr part was... bad.

Overall I'm quite disappointed from the artifact skill and traits as well.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by frallan123 View Post
    What talents are people using?
    Depends on what you're doing. I switched to a Riptide-heavy build due to my artifact trait choice (Tidal Pools). I'm using Torrent / Deluge or Crashing Waves / Ancestral Vigor / Echo of the Elements / High Tide.

I'm literally spamming Riptide all the time (low mana cost, initial heal is nearly on Healing Surge levels and the HoT is nice as well).

Whats stat priority?

I have done all the mythic dungeons and im 830ilvl and to me chain heal and healing rain do jack shit. I spend more time rip tideing and healing wave to keep groups up. even the artifact ability is weak for aoe healing.

10+ Year Old Account
    You're wrong.

FW is a HPS loss over normal MW. Before the legendary nerfs they were close given you had the legs and more importantly the boots but now it's not even close. FW is ~20% behind pure MW HPS but FW gets the added benefit of dealing damage and being able to use RSK at times where no healing needs to be done.

It's not hard to see why FW is less HPS either. The added ReM's from TFT-ReM with every RSK doesn't do enough healing or proc enough UT's to make up for spending ~20% of your GCD's on a spell that does no healing.

Quote Originally Posted by Skandulous View Post
    I have done all the mythic dungeons and im 830ilvl and to me chain heal and healing rain do jack shit. I spend more time rip tideing and healing wave to keep groups up. even the artifact ability is weak for aoe healing.
    I have have the same experience although I am only 7/8 Mythic dungeons atm. I hardly ever chain heal unless its by accident and I'll throw healing rain on the ground if the groups doing fine. I'm running undulation and crashing waves is this currently default setup for dungeons? or is there a more optimized build?

Quote Originally Posted by Skandulous View Post
    Yeah Ive experienced the same. Healed all mythics. There's wayyyyy more tank damage than anything else which pretty much makes surge/riptide our main heals. I think given that, mastery is our best dungeon stat right?

Base chain heal feels weak and expensive. Ill sometimes use healing rain pre-emptively if group is fairly stacked. It's basically just riptide->2x surge->riptide->2x surge, etc. Maybe chain heal is better with the tier100 talent and the proper artifact abilities. Healing stream totem feels VERY strong with the artifact ability. At first I didnt like gift, but its actually very strong and FREE. It's the equivalent of almost two chain heals, or healing wave on everyone hit.