Page 2 of 15 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Moonfang could train a new order of Paladins for the Night Elves, and have it.
    What would it be called though?
    For the Horde!

15+ Year Old Account
    You know light comes in many spectrums of color. :P

Quote Originally Posted by Bethrezen View Post
    You know light comes in many spectrums of color. :P
    But the Paladin class unfortunately has only one.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Zanjin View Post
    doesnt work like that
    Please explain senpai !

10+ Year Old Account
    Born: Syracuse, NY; Currently live: Raleigh, NC
    Quote Originally Posted by Netherspark View Post
    No, pretending a class is something it's not is nonsense.
    Which means what exactly?

Quote Originally Posted by Arafal123 View Post
    it still looks weird, as we see in the ysera cinematic the light of elune is white/silver with a pinch of blue.
    not pure golden.
    These races have been working together for approx 40 years in game now. It makes sense that the races that have a long history of using the Light as a power source start using it differently. We learn this expansion that Elune forged the Naaru. This stands to reason that the NEs, with this knowledge, would start to accept the path of the Paladin.

http://eu.battle.net/forums/en/wow/topic/17611551553

Hell... We even find a light infused sect of nathrezim during the Paladin Order hall quests...
    Last edited by Rizendragon; 2016-09-03 at 08:21 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by rcshaggy View Post
    Priestess of elune, all nelf priestess are warriors, I dunno why everyone is choosing to forget this

Most races can in one way or another, become a class that isn't available to that races class creator selection. However, Is it common enough for their to be thousands of players as it? However, I thought nelf should have gotten paladin back in Cata, just reskin their spell animation to moonlight

Quote Originally Posted by Rizendragon View Post
    Which means what exactly?
    In terms of mechanics and thematics, a Tauren "sunwalker" is just a regular silver hand-style paladin. There is nothing that defines them or sets them apart, nothing that makes them look or feel like an actual sunwalker. Blizzard have simply not followed through with the notion, it's literally just a word, nothing more.

If they had their own spell effects, spell names or some appropriate armour it would make more sense, but as it stands the notion of "sunwalkers" is a failure. Tauren sunwalkers are simply regular paladins, and it doesn't fit or suit them at all.

If Nightelves become paladins, it's very liktely going to be a repeat of the same. They'll be called something like 'Moonsworn', have the background lore of being warriors of elune, but in the actual game they'll just be regular golden-glowing silver hand paladins.

I really hope they're not going to try a repeat of the "Sunwalker" nonsense.
    No no.. it will be Moonwalker of course.

Quote Originally Posted by det View Post
    The longer this game exist...the more it shall open up to all races can be all classes
    From a lore perspective I thinks this is pretty boring. I would like them to tap into moonguard lore or something instead of dead ends.

please... no more with this.
    it would be just as bad as with the sunwalker shit.

nelve priests look so weird using the light as power instead of the light of elune, now imagine a night elf casting judgment....
    the light and the light of elune are the exact same thing, because elune is a being within the light.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    the light and the light of elune are the exact same thing, because elune is a being within the light.
    it looks weird because of the color.
    elunes light is obviously silver, white and a bit blueish.
    not bright yellow and golden.

i really dont give a damn about it being the same thing, it looks weird and it will look weird.

Formerly known as Arafal

I dunno--I mean, its not like Light is such an alien concept to them sure, but on the other hand that would be like if the Dranei suddenly started in with moon-stuff. Just wouldn't quite fit the mark.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shinrael View Post
    You need sunlight. You need movement. You need fresh air. You need green nature. It is just as important as eating healthy, sleeping properly and so on.
    Quote Originally Posted by Skroe View Post
    Have faith in us. Americans are fighters.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by rcshaggy View Post
    Probably Moon Knight, they could be the melee version of the Moon Guard. Imagine how awesome the Nelf cat mount would look with Paladin Charger armour on!

Got to say, I just did the quest today where you recruit her into the Silver Hand, was thinking how I would instantly change my paladin to a Nelf, if I could.
    Check out the blog I write for LEGENDARY Indie Label Flicknife Records:

Blog Thirty is live! In which we discuss our latest releases, and our great new line of T-shirts.
    https://www.flickniferecords.co.uk/blog/item/30-blog-30

If they had their own spell effects, spell names or some appropriate armour it would make more sense, but as it stands the notion of "sunwalkers" is a failure. Tauren sunwalkers are simply regular paladins, and it doesn't fit or suit them at all.
    And? Night Elf priests are the same kind of thing. In-game they are just the same kind of priest that human is, they don't have anything that makes them different: be it spell names, spell effects or armor.

Bloodsail Admiral Colonel Sandor's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Any race can be any class lore-wise as long as there are no lore ramifications like Troll Demon Hunters or more than one Pandaren death knights. All a Night Elf has to do to be a paladin is to train to be one.

10+ Year Old Account
    It's been a long time since the Alliance got another race that could be paladins. I welcome it.

We don't need to balance this out with the Horde getting a race with access to the paladin class. Horde gets more races that can be shaman anyways.
    Quote Originally Posted by A Chozo View Post
    Humans Paladins don't have "a lot of lore" behind them.

10+ Year Old Account
    It should happen and honestly, I think we might see more class/race combos introduced with the expansion after Legion. If the massive hint dropped at PAX West is to be believed, Ogres could be introduced as playable Horde Race in the expansion after Legion. Who the Alliance might get aside, don't forget Worgen and Goblins should be able to become Monks when that happens. Blizz held back on giving the Monk class to both races in MoP for balancing reasons but they did promise to add the class to both races later. It seems someone should remind them. LOL.

...In addition to NELF Paladins, there should also be Draenei Rogues. The Rangari specialize in covert ops so...yeah.

Speaking of Ogres, they will probably come with the following classes: Warrior, Shaman, Hunter, Mage, Warlock, Monk and Priest. Priest is certainly explainable.

I think we may also see more race-exclusive classes in the expansions to come. Gunner (Ranged DPS + Ranged Tank) for Goblins and Dwarves, Sentinel (Melee DPS + Tank) for NELVES and Shadow Hunter for Trolls for example could work.

Quote Originally Posted by Escene View Post
    Please explain senpai !
    Agreed.

...See below.

Quote Originally Posted by samwel93 View Post
    I don't see any reason that any race that can be priests couldn't also be paladins.
    If there isn't lore to support it, it should not happen. Gnome Hunters are believable since Gnomes like to build mechanical companions that look like living creatures, which is a throwback to before they were afflicted with the Curse of Flesh.

Forsaken Paladins can't work because the Lore isn't there to support it: Lorewise, The Holy Light is toxic to Undead. Being "Healed" by a friendly Priest/Paladin? It would actually hurt like a mo'fo. Sir Zeliek is the one exception to the rule because of who he was in life: His faith in the light was so strong, he retained his free will when he was raised as a Death Knight despite his body being controlled by the Scourge. It's pretty awe-inspiring, actually. Bolvar and Tirion are probably the only other Paladins who could have pulled that off.
    ...Ok, time to change the ol' Sig ^_^

This time I'll leave you the Links to 3 of my Wordpress Blogs: 1. Serene Adventure 2. Video Games 3. Anime Please subscribe if you like what you see. As a Bonus, I'll throw in my You Tube channel =D

Deleted
    please... no more with this.
    it would be just as bad as with the sunwalker shit.

nelve priests look so weird using the light as power instead of the light of elune, now imagine a night elf casting judgment....
    But they could be paladins of Elune. In the end, let's check Warcraft 3. Priestesses of the moon seemed to wear plate or at least chainmail. They had auras. They used their powers to smite the enemies and enhance their weapons (searing arrow). They were also commanders of armies.
    In lore, in the War of the Ancients for example the priestesses also went into melee battle armed with glaives and other weapons and healed the wounded.

Now, considering all that, do the priestesses of the moon seem more alike to in-game paladins or to in-game priests (who wear cloth, always sit in the back, use just spells and as weapons when they use those it's staffs, some small knives or wands of sorts and are just support troops).

- - - Updated - - -

it looks weird because of the color.
    elunes light is obviously silver, white and a bit blueish.
    not bright yellow and golden.

i really dont give a damn about it being the same thing, it looks weird and it will look weird.
    True, but then... the priest spells are mostly yellow as well. So a night elf priest looks the same as any other priest in-game even if in-lore they are different. Maybe they could just make night elf paladin spells look more white.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    Hold on, no. We know Elune probably created the first naaru. We know elune also created Cenarius through her union with Malorne, thus, creating druidism. Druidism and the Light are nothing alike. So Elune could be different from the Light. Just because she created something it doesn't mean she herself is that something. I can create a clay sculpture, I'm not made of clay.

We know the naaru are mostly made of some sort of Light themselves. So Elune used Light to create them instead of clay.

Quote Originally Posted by Snowraven View Post
    Hold on, no. We know Elune probably created the first naaru. We know elune also created Cenarius through her union with Malorne, thus, creating druidism. Druidism and the Light are nothing alike. So Elune could be different from the Light. Just because she created something it doesn't mean she herself is that something. I can create a clay sculpture, I'm not made of clay.

We know the naaru are mostly made of some sort of Light themselves. So Elune used Light to create them instead of clay.
    the only thing that existed at the creation of xe'ra was light and void. it was right at the beginning of our plane of existence.