Lack of Rep mounts

Don't get me wrong. I like Legion but this is one of the small things that's bugging me. There are zero mounts from reputation. Am I remembering wrong or didn't a couple months ago they said they ran out of places where they could reward mounts? Yet there's all these reputations that don't give any mounts!

Quote Originally Posted by Zakajz View Post
    http://www.wowhead.com/item=138811/b...-bottom-feeder
    There
    Go get it and quit whining now
    A single mount being sold when there's 6 reputations on the Broken isles is not enough.

Want another 15 recolored Boars?

Quote Originally Posted by Cylos View Post
    Why aren't we getting like.. a storm dragon for helping the valarjar in stormheim? I mean, that's one example.

No, but surely there's a middle ground between a couple of recolors and 15? Why do we have to work with extremes? WoD did mounts poorly but MoP didn't.

Herald of the Titans The Flavour Cat's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jonsno View Post
    Why aren't we getting like.. a storm dragon for helping the valarjar in stormheim? I mean, that's one example.
    That'd be a great suggestion. All arena mounts (Storm drakes are that for Legion) have had PVE versions of the same creature, so why no storm drake? There are 4 unused ones just waiting to be given a source:
    Link!
    Last edited by The Flavour Cat; 2016-09-03 at 01:29 AM. Reason: Stupid link didn't go through properly
    Isn't it ironic how education is important, yet people forget all about it when they visit the internet?

Make some noise on forums and social media and that'll be added content soon enough, and as someone who needs 6 mounts to hit 300 I could use all the help I can get.
    The Fresh Prince of Baudelaire

Banned at least 10 times. Don't give a fuck, going to keep saying what I want how I want to.

Eat meat. Drink water. Do cardio and burpees. The good life.

Quote Originally Posted by Jonsno View Post
    Stormdrakes are an Arena Reward.
    And even without them we aready have 47 Dragon mounts in the game
    At this point its just unnecessary to flood us with mounts, it's better to have uniqe Mounts than just a recolored mass, there is no need for rep mounts and even in cata/mop/WoD it was a bad idea
    Last edited by Cylos; 2016-09-03 at 01:39 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    You say that like it's a bad thing.
    Quote Originally Posted by Warwithin View Post
    Politicians put their hand on the BIBLE and swore to uphold the CONSTITUTION. They did not put their hand on the CONSTITUTION and swear to uphold the BIBLE.
    Quote Originally Posted by Adam Jensen View Post
    Except maybe Morgan Freeman. That man could convince God to be an atheist with that voice of his . . .
    Quote Originally Posted by LiiLoSNK View Post
    If your girlfriend is a girl and you're a guy, your kid is destined to be some sort of half girl/half guy abomination.

At this point its just unnecessary to flood us with mounts, it's better to have uniqe Mounts than just a recolored mass, there is no need for rep mounts and even in cata/mop/WoD it was a bad idea
    Even though I agree with you about us having half a million drake mounts, I need to ask this - what is wrong about adding Stormdrakes to PvE content as well? And screw everyone who wants to be a special snowflake. I rarely PvP, mostly because I hate PvP in WoW as it have never been balanced. However I don't collect pixel mounts and pets neither, so it doesn't bother me personally, but I know a bunch of people who do.
    Never understood the 'need' for special PvE and PvP rewards.
    Quote Originally Posted by atenime45 View Post
    The 10% reward. It's was unspoken rule that you DONT attack other faction so everyone could enjoy the 10% reward. But now no one cares about that anymore

This has been bothering me too about an otherwise neat expansion.

It's not just reputations though, it's mounts in general. Legion has so few of them, 18 mounts on launch, compared to 60 in MoP and 40 in WoD. And it's even worse that most of these few 18 don't offer very exciting gameplay for collectors. They're either profession mounts, "exclusive" mounts that you will either get by default if you are a mythic raider/very rich, or simply get later, when gear & gold inflation allows you, PvP mounts, which are great, but it's the same old arenas, or world quest mounts where you simply have to wait for the quest to pop on your map, and 1 year from now everyone will have it.

Very few of these mounts provide gameplay right now for a mount collector. I used to be very excited about reputation mounts, because they provided a medium time goal and a sense of collector's plenty at the start of a patch or expansion. And it also felt like a very natural and immersive source for mounts.

Rare drops from dungeons or mobs were also cool, as long as they didn't get to absurd, because they gave those mobs and places a certain depth, and gave us a fix of that lottery thrill specific to MMOs. Don't really know why they stopped having dungeon mounts in MoP; it didn't bother me then because there were so many of them everywhere else, but now? We could really use one or two.

Quote Originally Posted by Zakajz View Post
    http://www.wowhead.com/item=138811/b...-bottom-feeder
    There
    Go get it and quit whining now
    already have it no more content in legion now #sarcasm :P

7+ Year Old Account
    I think 1 mount per exalted reputation is reasonable.

The mystic runesaber would have made a great exalted reward for the nightfallen but alas in game store

PvP mounts have always had an unarmored PvE version. The unicorns are PvP only yet where's the unarmored PvE version? Same with the storm dragons.

Begs the question why there were no war talbuks in WoD. We had riding and war talbuks in TBC yet in Draenor we just got what are effectively riding talbuks.

There are a LOT of mounts in the game files Blizzard's never used and I doubt they really ran out of places for them. They're just lazy and don't want to add them. I want the lavender hippogryph. It's supposedly in Legion but the only source is "Azsuna". Helpful, right? Want to bet it's Legion's voidtalon? Probably relates to some object or mob that spawns once a week for 5 minutes and only one person can get it.

Shame Blizzard didn't put any mounts on the rep vendors. They've had mounts on rep vendors going back to the original game with the original faction mounts. What happened to "if it's not broke, don't fix it?"

imgur.com/e27XCdR.jpg

I mean, this would have worked as a rep mount for dreamweavers aswell but i doubt we'll ever get any of it

The bigger problem is, with out real rewards, like mounts or pets, what's even the point of reputations?

Could you even distinguish half of the factions in WoD apart from each other, let alone ever actually want to work hard to get rep with one?
    BASIC CAMPFIRE for WARCHIEF UK Prime Minister!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by rogueMatthias View Post
    The bigger problem is, with out real rewards, like mounts or pets, what's even the point of reputations?

Could you even distinguish half of the factions in WoD apart from each other, let alone ever actually want to work hard to get rep with one?
    I agree. I was thinking this about the patterns most of them give as well. Like by the time I'm exalted why would I even need this? Mounts/pets/transmog sets work better for rep rewards. The shoulder enchants are cool I guess..