Page 8 of 17 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Syrith View Post
    I do like the questing but I do agree that it gets a bit much, but these are not dailies though, they are one-time quests or world quests, which feels more rewarding and right.

What I do not like in this expansion however, is the level scaling, because I do prefer to be able to get around zones easier instead of losing 40-50% hp and perhaps getting dazed by mobs that normally would be 5-8 levels below me but are now at my same level.

I hope they go back to the normal formula next expac.
    Why in the name of all that is holy would you want them to revert this change? It makes it to where the whole continent is relevant rather then useless. With gear you will be able to destroy the mobs out in the world with ease after a time as if they were multiple levels below you. We get to go to any single zone and quest even if just for gear or artifact power instead of being pushed into one single zone like is typical.
    It used to be really easy to get dazed back in the day so I wouldn't complain, lol

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Le rarest Pepe View Post
    It's interesting that players' experiences regarding leveling time and zones are so different. I wonder what's going there, I don't believe large amounts of players suddenly start lying about this for no reason, either exaggerating or understating the amount of quests.

I for one hit 110 slightly more than halfway through my last zone, without doing a single dungeon. Did my order hall quests and bonus objectives though.

The questing seems fine, it doesn't take that long if done efficiently (see conslegion). What really puts me off from leveling an alt already is artifact power, gated quests and professions. Those just feel brickwally.

Regarding treasures, I did get exp for them early on, but only about 830. After a while it just stopped completely. Seems strangely inconsistent.
    After time what takes 5 days will only take 1 so your alts will be able to catch up quickly. You may be 1-2% behind your main but never obsolete.

I love what they did with quests, I actually enjoyed leveling for the first time in a very long time. I also love the world quests, and the fact that the zones scale so there is no easy zone you keep doing because they are lower level.
    And I saw, and behold, a pale horse: and he that sat upon him, his name was Death; and Hades followed with him. And there was given unto them authority over the fourth part of the earth, to kill with sword, and with famine, and with death, and by the wild beasts of the earth.

Questing since Cata feels so contrived. I personally rather just wander around and explore and kill things, and discover quests here and there. Unfortunately if you do you get screwed out of the "intended" way of doing things.

I hate that nowadays if I find a quest where I didn't get a breadcrum quest, instead of feeling "cool, found another quest!" it's "oops, guess I missed some".

10+ Year Old Account
    As a person who also plays ffxiv(which wow is clearly trying to take ques from it seems) I feel like the ultra cinematic must go to and do all zones route for main story stuff doesn't work as well for wow due to alts as it does in ffxiv(where you have one character that can do everything) so it will likely get boring doing it over and over on alts since it is so structured.

That said I am enjoying Legion FAR more then I expected and am hooked in a way I have not been in a very very long time.

Deleted
    You know what's funny? One of the reasons questing has been put on rails is the fact that often players will miss quests, end up underleveled, frustrated, and feel like they're unable to proceed.

This has been the case in wow up to wotlk and in pretty much all other mmos ever. It's a serious design problem - hidden quests are cool, but if you require the experience they give for a player to level up as planned, things get messy.

Now with legion's scaling system, they don't really need to worry about that anymore. Players will never find themselves in an area too high level for them. Yet the questing is more linear than ever. It'll be interesting to see were blizz will go with this system in the future.

you dont really "have to" do the quests

you can farm AP and gear from instances as well

yes you wont get the absolute best AP/hour but still, it's close.

even CoS and AW dont drop higher loot than the other mythic dungeons

if you hate it so much just dont do it

but honestly the suramar quest lines are amazing, and the leveling zones are probably among the best we've ever had (certainly lightyears ahead of MoP and WoD zones)

do you really want vanilla questing back where you had to quest through 3 zones at once and change every single level, and you had so few of them that you probably had to grind like 10 levels from the 60.

You're not forced to do any questing except for the class order hall after you hit lvl110. It's not like you need to do any quests in suramar, you can get almost the same gear without the set bonus from other mythic dungeons. Stop crying
    #1 fire mage US. u mirin'?
    "Aaah ah ah ah ah ah ah yea, f*ck me, ah, f*ck, aah yeah"
    - Jenna Jameson

Deleted
    This is just unbelievably stupid. This guy is complaining about quests in an mmorpg. Jesus Christ, you heard it hear folks.

Quote Originally Posted by Vegas82 View Post
    May as well be 5 hours, even with 0 research.
    So what you're saying is you're full of shit?

Quote Originally Posted by Gradingus View Post
    Then move on. The game is obviously not for you, or at least not anymore, especially considering how needlessly negative you're being about every single one of your points.

Not to mention, there are random quests that you can only find by wandering around or exploring. Did you even play the expansion?
    Kind of funny we can't say that to people who say they hate raiding.

I swear people will find anything to complain about

Hmm so people whined about WoD having no content outside of raids and now Legion added content and people still whine?

Quote Originally Posted by Ryan Cailan Ebonheart View Post
    Legion is all about questing. If you don't do the quests, you can't do anything. The game forces you to complete nearly every quest in the zone. And its worse at endgame when something like "world quests" is a thing.

All of the zones to me are terrible because they're not original. I feel like since Cataclysm, all of the zones created have been created with making the questing as smooth as possible rather than being made originally without the quests in mind.

I much rather have zones just have random sporadic quests randomly thrown everywhere instead of the boring lifeless hub based system we've had since wrath. And there should be less quests and more of just killing mobs where in some areas require groups of people for more exp.

I'm overall just tired of the direction Blizzard has taken the leveling process in the game. There's just way too much bloat of quests/NPC's talking/Scenarios where its feels more like a Call of Duty Campaign instead of a RPG game. The zones in legion hardly feel connected either because the storytelling is all over the place because the devs feel the need to have to represent every boring piece of the lore as possible.

It's lame.
    And you are playing an open world MMO because..?

1. you dont have to finish "almost every quest in each zone", do the main story line to get the pillar and you've done enough.
    2. World quests are by no means mandatory. It is just another/extra way to obtain gear and AP
    Quote Originally Posted by atenime45 View Post
    The 10% reward. It's was unspoken rule that you DONT attack other faction so everyone could enjoy the 10% reward. But now no one cares about that anymore

Since so many people commented that MMORPGS are defined by quests, which is wrong, let me link the common features of all MMORPGs in the wikipedia article:

Although modern MMORPGs sometimes differ dramatically from their decedents, many of them share the same basic characteristics. These include several common features: persistent game environment, some form of level progression, social interaction within the game, in-game culture, system architecture, membership in a group, and character customization.
    Just because YOU progress levels through questing, that doesn't make it the only way to progress, and does not define the genre.

Quote Originally Posted by Kreeshak View Post
    Since so many people commented that MMORPGS are defined by quests, which is wrong, let me link the common features of all MMORPGs in the wikipedia article:

Just because YOU progress levels through questing, that doesn't make it the only way to progress, and does not define the genre.
    cool story bro, but you have played WoW at all? please point out an era where there wasn't a lot of questing? what WoD? the well known shithole that no-one wants to see the likes of again?

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    I'm in agreement with the OP. But it's extremely clear that these feelings are in the minority, so there's no point to fighting it.

Haters gonna hate I guess ^^

Quote Originally Posted by purebalance View Post
    Kind of funny we can't say that to people who say they hate raiding.

With LFR included, I think about 60% of people are raiding now (might be wrong, haven't seen one of those graphs in a while).

I would think that at this point that most of the ones that don't raid in some form are either incapable or suffer from some infliction that does not allow for it, so it might be kind of cruel to taunt them about it.

I do suppose there is a small number that live only for pvp, so I guess that is a thing. And then there is the small percentage that don't even realize it exists... I have met several of those over the years.
    Last edited by Wingspan; 2016-09-04 at 12:57 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Ryan Cailan Ebonheart View Post
    Legion is all about questing. If you don't do the quests, you can't do anything. The game forces you to complete nearly every quest in the zone. And its worse at endgame when something like "world quests" is a thing.

All of the zones to me are terrible because they're not original. I feel like since Cataclysm, all of the zones created have been created with making the questing as smooth as possible rather than being made originally without the quests in mind.

I much rather have zones just have random sporadic quests randomly thrown everywhere instead of the boring lifeless hub based system we've had since wrath. And there should be less quests and more of just killing mobs where in some areas require groups of people for more exp.

I'm overall just tired of the direction Blizzard has taken the leveling process in the game. There's just way too much bloat of quests/NPC's talking/Scenarios where its feels more like a Call of Duty Campaign instead of a RPG game. The zones in legion hardly feel connected either because the storytelling is all over the place because the devs feel the need to have to represent every boring piece of the lore as possible.

It's lame.
    This guy plays an MMORPG and proceeds to bitch about questing? GTFOH, for real.

10+ Year Old Account
    Who exactly is forcing you?