Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    What really increased my overall dungeon damage is just using Combustion and RoP more, I noticed I used RoP far too little on trash packs and I was sitting on combustion when I didn't need to.

Also I'm definitely not being beat on bosses that often.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by klaps_05 View Post
    st bosses and up to +2 rarely anyone goes above me, solid 250-300k. 2 things i find annoying:

1) if u want proper ST or proper AE, u need to swap talents and to do that just for a mythic which are currently a joke...i just stick with ST talents and do what i can on trash
    2) opener is strongest with 3x PF but not using it on trash just feels wrong, so usually i have to ask my groups to always wait almost 2 minutes before final boss.
    This gets better when you get PR

Quote Originally Posted by nordark View Post
    we are just fine. pulling over 1m burst aoe and 600k single bursts with 828 %39 crit shit gear. just practice with timing and cycle your cooldowns. you can rop every pack in myhtic and combust between two packs. my only issue spec is too borng with low crit
    is this guy trolling???

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Curnivore View Post
    Fire is disappointing. It almost always does average AOE and very average single target. I have second thoughts about this supposedly great spec.
    Oh, so I guess it's not just our Fire mage then. I've been beating her, as a FROST DK, consistently on single target and AoE during our Heroic spamming, and left wondering, "Is she just bad? Fire was OP as fuck in prepatch, and FDK is 'supposed to' be awful. What the fuck?"

Glad to know it's more than just her that's having issues.
    Quote Originally Posted by Scrod View Post
    Ok, I give up. This is pointless.
    Many Multitudes Online Constantly Harping About Minor Problems
    FIRE GIVES ME BIGGER BLOOD SHIELDS

Quote Originally Posted by Bamsillo View Post
    is this guy trolling???
    I've done 1.4/1.6mil burst on some bigger packs, but it's only the spiders in Vaults, Murlocs in Azshara etc.

Bursting 600k is doable.

Drops off quick though.

Quote Originally Posted by Woobels View Post
    I've done 1.4/1.6mil burst on some bigger packs, but it's only the spiders in Vaults, Murlocs in Azshara etc.

Bursting 600k is doable.

Drops off quick though.
    It's only doable if you are using all ST talents and the stars align, and if you are using all st talents you aren't doing 1mil on trash, and you are also using the wrong talents for dungeons.

One thing to keep in mind is that almost all traits of Felo we have taken so far have almost no effect on aoe.
    I just started putting points into Everburning Consumpion which is a boost to aoe. So is PR and it is next. Then will on my way to Aftershocs, which should boost aoe by A LOT.

So yeah, at this stage melee is better on average. But let's not draw conclusions before we unlock aoe boosting talents.

The only problem I see with mages is its community crying because they're not topping the charts on every situation with only one spec out of three.
    Can't conclude anything from Dungeon Content to be honest. During beta, mages felt GOOD in raids.

I will say that on AoE, Fire Mages are top tier. Obviously most of you guys knew that already. Living Bomb and Cinderstorm along with dropping RoP during trash, will net you some pretty big numbers. As others have mentioned, that requires quite a bit of Talent Focus on AoE, which leaves the single target lacking. Ive been playing mage a long time and while I may not be the literal best, and obviously I can make mistakes while playing, a lot of specs right now, beat us out on single target in mythic dungeons. Especially in mythic when you are forced to move around a bunch, melee doesnt really suffer from that so the Enhance shamans, DHs and Rogues ive run with usually destroy. From what i've heard in my guild, one of the other mythic dungeon groups has a DK and a Warrior and they seem to be performing excellent as well. And right now hunters do both AoE and Single Target pretty well, LoL barrage. I think the long and short of it is, that we will scale pretty well with gear. Some of you have mentioned that you tested, or played with fire mages in the beta with higher gear levels so they seemed to do pretty well. For those who are referencing mages in the pre-patch, that was end-of-expansion levels of gear and a SUPER broken class trinket. So synopsis, is AoE we win unless faceroll DH and Hunter. Single Target we fall behind until better gear

Whoever says they aren't doing good either has low crit chance and just went for ilvl or just hasn't got used to the class.

I won't lie, it is pretty entertaining seeing the FotM squeal

Quote Originally Posted by Thelxi View Post
    I won't lie, it is pretty entertaining seeing the FotM squeal
    Oh don't worry. This is just a phase we"ll be back on top soon once the balance patch rolls around. Our dad (blizzard) won't be happy about us underperforming.

Now that I've practiced some more I find it's not so bad after all. As mentioned, you shouldn't be sitting on your cooldowns on trash pulls if they will be up for boss. I prefer the aoe spec myself for the moment because I took the Phoenix flames trait first (does anyone know if it procs off multiple ignites btw?) and it's still decent for the boss encounters.

Use your RoP charges guys it helps ALOT in staying competitive dps.

10+ Year Old Account
    My fire mage is sitting at 46% crit at ilvl 835 and I've topped every single target encounter thus far, bursting 500k+ which is a lot higher than what I've seen other classes do.
    If the boss has adds that comes in on burst phase then it's GG since 220k+ rolling ignite on 3 other mobs just crushes the meters.

Small weak packs aren't our strongsuit, and that's fine, leave that to melee. We don't have to be the best at everything.
    Overall I feel that fire is very strong atm.

The Lightbringer Archmage Alodi's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    mage will be fine as always . I'm not worried about being underpowered even a little bit
    THE HORDE WILL ENDURE
    THE HORDE IS STRONG!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Freedom View Post
    Oh, so I guess it's not just our Fire mage then. I've been beating her, as a FROST DK, consistently on single target and AoE during our Heroic spamming, and left wondering, "Is she just bad? Fire was OP as fuck in prepatch, and FDK is 'supposed to' be awful. What the fuck?"

Glad to know it's more than just her that's having issues.
    Most melees are op in 5mans because they are god like on trash packs and their cds come up fast. Also fire was meme'ed to be op but it was never op. It was just the least shitty choice among three specs, the other two being a broken/unfinished frost and a seemingly deliberately nerfed arcane.

Quote Originally Posted by stevenho View Post
    One thing to keep in mind is that almost all traits of Felo we have taken so far have almost no effect on aoe.
    I just started putting points into Everburning Consumpion which is a boost to aoe. So is PR and it is next. Then will on my way to Aftershocs, which should boost aoe by A LOT.

So yeah, at this stage melee is better on average. But let's not draw conclusions before we unlock aoe boosting talents.
    ? You should have PR before PI if you want to perform well in dungeons. Most of your time in dungeons is spent doing trash, PI can wait.
    #1 fire mage US. u mirin'?
    "Aaah ah ah ah ah ah ah yea, f*ck me, ah, f*ck, aah yeah"
    - Jenna Jameson

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by fearist View Post
    ? You should have PR before PI if you want to perform well in dungeons. Most of your time in dungeons is spent doing trash, PI can wait.
    I went PI first. Blink self heal is way too good to pass early on and my damage is good enough to wait to make PR my second golden trait.

Quote Originally Posted by Bigbazz
    MMO champion for example used to be the center of WoW theorycrafting

Quote Originally Posted by Gungnir View Post
    My fire mage is sitting at 46% crit at ilvl 835 and I've topped every single target encounter thus far, bursting 500k+ which is a lot higher than what I've seen other classes do.
    If the boss has adds that comes in on burst phase then it's GG since 220k+ rolling ignite on 3 other mobs just crushes the meters.

Small weak packs aren't our strongsuit, and that's fine, leave that to melee. We don't have to be the best at everything.
    Overall I feel that fire is very strong atm.
    ive seen dks and dhs burst for over 3 million dps. and both of those classes also decimate us on large trash packs between fel rushes, eye beams, etc, and both frost and unholy dks do insane aoe much better than mage.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by kheath812 View Post
    ive seen dks and dhs burst for over 3 million dps. and both of those classes also decimate us on large trash packs between fel rushes, eye beams, etc, and both frost and unholy dks do insane aoe much better than mage.
    And we absolutely crush them on single target with decent gear.
    We're not the worst AoE spec, we're not the best, we're decent. You can still pull pretty strong numbers with LI + Cinderstorm.

Quote Originally Posted by fearist View Post
    I don't wipe on trash in M1. It doesn't matter if the pack takes 15 or 50 seconds, nobody dies anyway.
    I did wipe a few times on bosses while low geared though, so yeah, single target spec for the first 5 days. In 2 days time I will have both golden traits and before raids and M+ open I will have all of them.

So yeah.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Gungnir View Post
    And we absolutely crush them on single target with decent gear.
    In 5 mans? Not really. A decent DK who knows how to use valkyr will compete with you easily on ST 60-120 second fight. And a rogue with a cool roll. And so on.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by stevenho View Post
    In 5 mans? Not really. A decent DK who knows how to use valkyr will compete with you easily on ST 60-120 second fight. And a rogue with a cool roll. And so on.
    The only one I've seen coming close to the average 600k burst and ending with 220 - 240k is another mage, a geared DH and a geared hunter.
    Sure there surely are others out there with higher burst, but the gear to damage ratio of fire is pretty high.