Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    The thing with affl it takes the same amount of time to kill 6 mobs as it does 1.. Which is the strength of the class IMHO

Quote Originally Posted by Ripley6174 View Post
    That explains, I was wondering why a level 101 warrior was destroying everyone on the meters in our dungeon group.
    Yeah, and another thing is the legendary ring(if they have it ) scales down as you level up as well as your secondary stat scaling.

Just hot 110 and started the 110 quests .. Infernal get less tanky real quick! I used to pull +5 with ease .. now +3 and his hp starts to fall .. Gear scaling?

While I can't comment on your lvling woes, I will say that you shouldn't compare your dps in dungeons while you're lvling. The scaling is really wonky which ends up with people getting outdpsed by players 5 lvls lower then em lol.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Cempa View Post
    Just hot 110 and started the 110 quests .. Infernal get less tanky real quick! I used to pull +5 with ease .. now +3 and his hp starts to fall .. Gear scaling?
    Yes, you will feel weaker at 110 at the start. This is so gearing up feels more noticable.

How I leveled to 110:

Get all the dot talents (write, absolute, siphon, phantom singularity etc) and grab Supremacy so you can pull out an Infernal as your tank/AoE damage

Run. Tab, three dots. Tab, three dots. Tab, three dots. Tab, three dots... (Yes, you could use Seed to apply corruption in groups, but that means you have to stop moving)

Repeat until you get to about 8 to 15 mobs, depending on how hard they're hitting. Run in a circle refreshing.

Use your artifact ability, cast phantom singularity, refresh dots as needed while tab targeting.

Loot, move on.

Quote Originally Posted by Mhorrg View Post
    How I leveled to 110:

Get all the dot talents (write, absolute, siphon, phantom singularity etc) and grab Supremacy so you can pull out an Infernal as your tank/AoE damage

Run. Tab, three dots. Tab, three dots. Tab, three dots. Tab, three dots... (Yes, you could use Seed to apply corruption in groups, but that means you have to stop moving)

Repeat until you get to about 8 to 15 mobs, depending on how hard they're hitting. Run in a circle refreshing.

Use your artifact ability, cast phantom singularity, refresh dots as needed while tab targeting.

Loot, move on.
    That's how I did it to 110, but at 110 the infernal died every pull with more than +3 mobs so I went back to snail paced game play with down time .. Needless to say its not fun .. Logged my WW and parked my lock ..

Quote Originally Posted by wholol View Post
    Our survivability got hit hard, our damage too. the only redeeming aspect of affli now is aoe for pve and a big pile of chocolate fudge for pvp.
    All I've been reading about is how Warlocks are so tanky, so what's the truth? I haven't re-subbed so I can't check for myself.

Quote Originally Posted by Reek View Post
    All I've been reading about is how Warlocks are so tanky, so what's the truth? I haven't re-subbed so I can't check for myself.
    Well we're the tankiest caster by far if you want to consider facetanking compared to other classes, but our soul leech got nerfed in pvp and sweet souls got nerfed to 25% max hp heal instead of 50%, so overall it feels like a struggle to survive vs some of the melee in duels or bgs, though it seems alright in 3s.

Our damage feels weak though, I'm not sure whether it will scale better with a maxed artifact but with around half the artifact traits right now it feels subpar, plus we suffer from ramp up and our UA doesn't feel as threatening as it felt on beta after it's nerf.

Overall for duels / bgs I would rather this spec as subpar, for arena I would rate it as average.

Deleted
    In any case playing both WW and Affi my self I can see a huge difference and know that Affi damage is under-tuned with questing gear ... I'll go back latter when I have enough gold and buy the BoE gear to buff my haste and see how it plays, but right now .. no thanks
    If you're having trouble questing as Aff you really are doing something very very wrong. You can pretty much pull packs of 5-10 mobs constantly and AoE clear them while your Infernal tanks, and when you get your first gold trait it really skyrockets, because at that point the more you pull the better. At 110 is Suramar in the drow ruins I routinely oneshot whole rooms, for example.

Maybe you just didn't spec correctly (no Seed talent, no PS, no permainfernal etc), in which case it's not the spec that is to blame.

Also, at 110 every spec struggles for a bit, Aff picks up quickly, from 800 to 820 and now 830 + the difference in the amount of mobs was quite significant, maybe this is what you mean. At any rate, once you get some decent-ish gear you're back to mass-pulling the world.
    Last edited by mmoc4588e6de4f; 2016-09-07 at 12:47 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Rurts View Post
    If you're having trouble questing as Aff you really are doing something very very wrong. You can pretty much pull packs of 5-10 mobs constantly and AoE clear them while your Infernal tanks, and when you get your first gold trait it really skyrockets, because at that point the more you pull the better. At 110 is Suramar in the drow ruins I routinely oneshot whole rooms, for example.

Maybe you just didn't spec correctly (no Seed talent, no PS, no permainfernal etc), in which case it's not the spec that is to blame.

Also, at 110 every spec struggles for a bit, Aff picks up quickly, from 800 to 820 and now 830 + the difference in the amount of mobs was quite significant, maybe this is what you mean. At any rate, once you get some decent-ish gear you're back to mass-pulling the world.
    Your correct .. I have been playing my 'other faction' lock and this time focused all arti points on talents that help questing and all quest rewards that have haste .. Much better gaming experience (+5xk DPS) ..

As for +110 game play I'm glad to hear it gets better at the 830 ilvl because as a fresh 110 life REALLY SUCKS ..

That's how I did it to 110, but at 110 the infernal died every pull with more than +3 mobs so I went back to snail paced game play with down time .. Needless to say its not fun .. Logged my WW and parked my lock ..
    That can be remedied by using health funnel periodically during your pull. At 110 I'm doing about 6 or 7 a pull without much issue.

Quote Originally Posted by Mhorrg View Post
    That can be remedied by using health funnel periodically during your pull. At 110 I'm doing about 6 or 7 a pull without much issue.
    Fresh 110? Seriously? My WW hot 110 the other day and I went straight to 110 quests .. I was a BEAST .. literally pulling anything and everything and blow it all up ..

I went back to my 107 lock and got the body guard champion .. while it does not do that much DPS, it puts a debuff on my kill target that adds +10% dmg which I can feel right away ..

Thing is that champion is bugged and frequently just goes away and never comes back ...

Warlock needs much better Champions .. On my WW I have a DPS (WW) which I always use and a Tank which is ok but the DPS is IMBA .. It has a AE cone 12 stun that adds dmg done to mobs ..