Deleted
    whats current stat piro for arms and prot? cant seem to locate an up to date one

Deleted
    As expected FR is amazing.

The only downside is RNG. RNG between king's 300k and beggar's 120k dps.

The scaling of a spec is insane. It will be nerfed to the ground hard.

Quote Originally Posted by Creatinebrah View Post
    I'm a little confused. So do you wait to pop Battle Cry until those conditions are met? Since Battle Cry is only 5 seconds, I can't really apply all those conditions THEN start spamming the macro.

Best scenario would be to CS, then pop Battle Cry and spam the macro correct?
    For me this was also and still a bit of a shady area for me, but what I do is If it's close I wait cuz rage spent lowers BC. IF CS and War is only like half way on CD I use BC and just hope for something to proc cuz your BC will of had time to reset most likely by the time CS or War is up again due to the rage you will use when BC is going.

Hello! At this moment I'm having a crisis in deciding which class to main, between demon hunters and warriors, and so I wanted to ask your opinions on arms, the order hall, the campaign, etc.

While I would like DH for my new main due to a bunch of reasons, seeing the Skyhold and questing with the Keepers is drawing me back to maybe continuing to main on my worgen warrior.

Halp!

Quote Originally Posted by Ethenil View Post
    Hello! At this moment I'm having a crisis in deciding which class to main, between demon hunters and warriors, and so I wanted to ask your opinions on arms, the order hall, the campaign, etc.

While I would like DH for my new main due to a bunch of reasons, seeing the Skyhold and questing with the Keepers is drawing me back to maybe continuing to main on my worgen warrior.

Halp!
    Well... it's simple. Which set of these song would you rather listen to?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=80YlCQueSfo
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CJhi43RntJk
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2gCgluVD0Aw

or

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eVTXPUF4Oz4
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=04F4xlWSFh0
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_GOR5gvQwDI
    Last edited by BobAwesome; 2016-09-04 at 01:54 AM.
    Priest Warrior
    You are not your role. You are not how much gold you have on your account.
    You are not the mount you ride. You are not the contents of your bank.
    You are not your epic purples. You are not a special and unique snowflake.
    You are the all-grinding, all-farming crap of Azeroth.

Quote Originally Posted by Valkaneer View Post
    For me this was also and still a bit of a shady area for me, but what I do is If it's close I wait cuz rage spent lowers BC. IF CS and War is only like half way on CD I use BC and just hope for something to proc cuz your BC will of had time to reset most likely by the time CS or War is up again due to the rage you will use when BC is going.
    thanks, that was helpful!
    No citizen has a right to be an amateur in the matter of physical training…what a disgrace it is for a man to grow old without ever seeing the beauty and strength of which his body is capable. – Socrates

Quote Originally Posted by Xkwizit View Post
    whats current stat piro for arms and prot? cant seem to locate an up to date one
    Mas > Str >> Vers > Haste > Crit
    (From Sarri.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Arqentum View Post
    As expected FR is amazing.

The only downside is RNG. RNG between king's 300k and beggar's 120k dps.

The scaling of a spec is insane. It will be nerfed to the ground hard.
    Last boss in Eye of Azhara (spelling)
    First pull I managed to pre pool rage while hitting crabs and so on, on the pull I got 8-9 CS resets within the first minute and my damage was double++ the next person (guild group, Mythic).
    Then we wiped....
    Second pull I had no rage pooled up and I didn't get a single CS reset... (full 45sec cd)

Honestly it Arms feels like half time screaming joy and half time screaming pain, sadly we're more inclined to remember the bad things rather than good things so it feels rough. I'm really looking forward to having some proper raiding and not just 5mans where literally everything is chain pulling 3 mobs... maybe once people have a bit better gear and feel safer they'll pull packs of 10 and let us do Skillstorm but man does Arms feel out of place in 5mans!
    9thorder.com | Recruiting exceptional players!

Field Marshal
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Huntingbear_grimbatol View Post
    First pull I managed to pre pool rage while hitting crabs and so on, on the pull I got 8-9 CS resets within the first minute and my damage was double++ the next person (guild group, Mythic).
    Then we wiped....
    Second pull I had no rage pooled up and I didn't get a single CS reset... (full 45sec cd)

Honestly it Arms feels like half time screaming joy and half time screaming pain
    This has been my experience in mythics as well - doing 250-300k one pull and 150k the next.

The spec just feels shitty to play, regardless of its throughput ceiling.

Quote Originally Posted by noctred View Post
    This has been my experience in mythics as well - doing 250-300k one pull and 150k the next.

The spec just feels shitty to play, regardless of its throughput ceiling.
    I'm trying to decide if making CS a 20s CD, or buffing our base dmg and reducing CS bonus would be better... Because I also feel like we can't hurt worth shit whenever CS isn't applied.

Also, in heroics/mythic dungeons are you all running IftK or FR? I've been running IftK, but I just got the 2nd elite trait and was thinking Deadly Calm/Anger Management might be even better now

Quote Originally Posted by thefatty01 View Post
    I'm trying to decide if making CS a 20s CD, or buffing our base dmg and reducing CS bonus would be better... Because I also feel like we can't hurt worth shit whenever CS isn't applied.

Also, in heroics/mythic dungeons are you all running IftK or FR? I've been running IftK, but I just got the 2nd elite trait and was thinking Deadly Calm/Anger Management might be even better now
    I am running FR, I was using IftK for a bit because I just hated spamstring but it is undeniably much better and you get used to it.

Quote Originally Posted by Buesketter View Post
    I am running FR, I was using IftK for a bit because I just hated spamstring but it is undeniably much better and you get used to it.
    how is trash with it? do you use SS or are you just spamming Cleave/WW for multiple adds

Quote Originally Posted by thefatty01 View Post
    how is trash with it? do you use SS or are you just spamming Cleave/WW for multiple adds
    I don't run SS, dauntless with avatar then FR + DC + AM for last three. I pretty much rely on single target and do insane amounts on bosses to make up for my trash dps. but on trash its just cleave ww spam, I am never super behind in trash for dps but definitely not top.

Hey guys. I wanna get up to date on arms gameplay, mostly on the focused rage talent. I read there are comprehensive guides out there, but i can't seem to find them. Can anyone point me in the right direction?

Quote Originally Posted by cszsolt3 View Post
    Hey guys. I wanna get up to date on arms gameplay, mostly on the focused rage talent. I read there are comprehensive guides out there, but i can't seem to find them. Can anyone point me in the right direction?
    Try reading the top of the page.......

Quote Originally Posted by Huntingbear_grimbatol View Post
    Honestly it Arms feels like half time screaming joy and half time screaming pain
    p much

They should

- nerf mastery
    - rework/replace FR (make it proc a CS when you use zerker rage, that'd be nice. adds some arguably depth in pve and pvp depending on the encounter)
    - make CS a 30s cooldown
    - buff tactician proc rate
    - buff execute

It'd make the rotation smoother and more enjoyable.

Quote Originally Posted by g4rwin View Post
    Yea, I was reading Archi's guide, as I rather stick to his guide, than to another one. And in the Stat priority section was no mentioning of Mastery > Strength that is why I came here.
    Secondary stats typically don't compete with primary stats, which is why it wasn't detailed.

Is it worth to invest 850ilvl craft with only mastery?

Quote Originally Posted by Jalopy View Post
    p much

They should

- nerf mastery
    - rework/replace FR (make it proc a CS when you use zerker rage, that'd be nice. adds some arguably depth in pve and pvp depending on the encounter)
    - make CS a 30s cooldown
    - buff tactician proc rate
    - buff execute

It'd make the rotation smoother and more enjoyable.
    Yeah see stuff like this was suggested endlessly on beta and they didn't listen. I think a popular suggestion was to give CS two charges, just for some sort of bad RNG safety net (lowering the CD is an alternative, tactician buff another, etc...).

Deleted
    I'm struggling to make sense of Focused Rage appearing in the priority list given it isn't on the GCD.
    FR isn't really a higher or lower priority than any actions on the GCD, they are not mutually exclusive, they can both be pressed at the same time.

As an obvious example if MS and FR are both available to be pressed and you had so much rage it was coming out of your ears then you would press both (possible FR a fraction of a second earlier). But the priority list states MS is a higher priority than FR.

I would have thought the priority list for arms should have FR removed and instead state seperately the conditions when to use it e.g. either
    a) (less than 3 stacks or battle cry up) press it as often as possible, or
    b) (less than 3 stacks or battle cry up) press it as often as possible as long as it leaves you enough rage for your next MS

For simcraft does anyone know how/when the engine invokes its APL, maybe it is so fast/frequently that effectively it is 2 different APL's interleaved, one set of actions which are only available each GCD, and the FR action available each time it comes off CD.
    If this is right then it should be irrelevant where FR appears in the APL, so I tried moving it to the highest prio to check this. Although this didn't make a massive different to DPS (increased it by 1%) it did significantly change the number of times MS and FR were used. I was expecting no change so I'm not sure I undersand how the simcraft engine actually uses the APL.
    (also tried adding extra criteria to only use FR if it leaves sufficient rage for next MS, but although it increased the total count of MS it reduced DPS.)

With the latest published simcraft: SimcSetup-703-02-Win64.exe 2016-09-04 04:30
    10 minute patchwerk.

simcraft APL:
    actions.single=mortal_strike
    actions.single+=/focused_rage,if=buff.focused_rage.stack<3|buff.battle_cry_deadly_calm.up
    311k DPS
    MS count: 142
    FR count: 314

FR to top:
    actions.single=focused_rage,if=buff.focused_rage.stack<3|buff.battle_cry_deadly_calm.up
    actions.single+=/mortal_strike
    313k DPS
    MS count: 137
    FR count: 334

FR if enough Rage:
    actions.single=focused_rage,if=(buff.focused_rage.stack<3&rage>=28)|buff.battle_cry_deadly _calm.up
    actions.single+=/mortal_strike
    308k DPS
    MS count: 145
    FR count: 309

No idea what this means, whether FR should just be used as often as possible below 3 stacks, or whether there is a problem with simcraft using a single APL to model two different CDs.

Qob

Anyone try popping all their CDs and throwing the engineering Gunpowder charge at a target? My limited testing is over 1.3 million damage with one. Are we going to be spamming these things? Vendor mats alone about 6g a piece at rank 3.