Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by sociald1077 View Post
    Lots of people wanted that during WoD. I would have LOVED it in WoD, cause then I could log on and do raids and mythics and all that and just do the garrison missions from my phone.
    No you cant, cause as the text says you CANT use the app AND be logged into WoW (what a freakin shame!)

Yeah, numbers are high now, let's see how people feel in a month. I'm already wandering off to RP and other games.

Why do I have a feeling the new Karazhan will cause motion sickness issues? I thought Nexus was bad in the area by the rift with the arcane boss. Seems many areas of Karazhan are going to top that by a mile. Guess it's a good thing Kara's mythic only to restrict how many players whine about becoming ill due to the upside down room and swirling backgrounds.

Quote Originally Posted by Chickat View Post
    Well you gotta think multiple people made multiple demon hunters too.
    Probably not a really signifigant amount to dramatically cut the numbers. How many people do you know who really keep up on 3 realms let alone 5? Those guys are in the minority at best. Even if we say that everyone rolled 2 DH to get both choices of follower, that still makes it 2m preorders and thats assuming that every preorder made their pair of DH in time for the infographic to be made--statistically not the case.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shinrael View Post
    You need sunlight. You need movement. You need fresh air. You need green nature. It is just as important as eating healthy, sleeping properly and so on.
    Quote Originally Posted by Skroe View Post
    Have faith in us. Americans are fighters.

Quote Originally Posted by Vajarra View Post
    Yeah, numbers are high now, let's see how people feel in a month. I'm already wandering off to RP and other games.
    Go wander off now....go on...bubyyyeeee!

With so much to do, I'll be playing Legion for quite some time now, dunno what your problem is.

10+ Year Old Account
    hope that APP connects to Battlenet and lets you talk with friends and stuff

10+ Year Old Account
    Suramar uprising?! YEAH!

I dealing now with Suramar storylines, and i think we need some old good fashioned uprising against opressors.

Hopefully, this companion app won't be spyware that will request every permission under the sun to upload photos, videos, location, contacts and other information on or about the user's phone.

Expect to see the zone scaling technology expanded.

What a TERRIBLE MISTAKE that would be ! People who want that are stupid and ignorant, that would mean EVERY ennemy in the whole world would everytime be at YOUR level, you will not be able to visit zones anymore because of multiple aggro, you can't farm old mats because of the lv max ennemies everywhere, do you remember the murlocs? The trolls? And why not also level scaling every dunjeon and raid in the game? Sunwell bosses lv max, for exemple, you couldn't solo any raid anymore.

Very stupid idea, it's good for current content, as soon it stays at this content max level, but extend that concept is killing the whole concept of a RPG.
    If they really do that, they will kill their game, for real.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Uncle View Post

What a TERRIBLE MISTAKE that would be ! People who want that are stupid and ignorant, that would mean EVERY ennemy in the whole world would everytime be at YOUR level, you will not be able to visit zones anymore because of multiple aggro, you can't farm old mats because of the lv max ennemies everywhere, do you remember the murlocs? The trolls? And why not also level scaling every dunjeon and raid in the game? Sunwell bosses lv max, for exemple, you couldn't solo any raid anymore.

Very stupid idea, it's good for current content, as soon it stays at this content max level, but extend that concept is killing the whole concept of a RPG.
    I honestly don't think we will ever see level scaling beyond content of the current expansion. So Legion will always only scale to 110, the next expac will always only scale to say 120, and so on. I really don't see them implementing it into older content, because the man hours needed to fix the problems like overcrowding of mobs would take quite a chunk of time. You mention the murlocs, and that's a good example because simply looking at a level 8 quest in Elwynn you are sent to kill murlocs for something and you generally end up aggroing 5-6 at a time without trying. For worldwide level scaling to work, each of these would have to be addressed on a case by case basis, otherwise the mobs in question will be vastly overpowered or underpowered.

Deleted
    I don't understand why they make a new app and not incorporate new features in the WoW armory app.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by guardian_titan View Post
    Why do I have a feeling the new Karazhan will cause motion sickness issues? I thought Nexus was bad in the area by the rift with the arcane boss. Seems many areas of Karazhan are going to top that by a mile. Guess it's a good thing Kara's mythic only to restrict how many players whine about becoming ill due to the upside down room and swirling backgrounds.
    Don't worry. Final Fantasy XIV had a dungeon two patches back that was entirely upside down. It didn't cause a problem.

Speaking of which. In FFXIV every hard mode version of a previous dungeon gets entirely new areas, loot and enemies. With the old one remaining for leveling of course. Don't get me wrong I like it that wow does something good for change, but it's still kinda funny how they talk about something that is the norm for the competition as some revolutionary idea they came up with 'cause Karazhan is special.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Balager View Post
    Don't worry. Final Fantasy XIV had a dungeon two patches back that was entirely upside down. It didn't cause a problem.

Speaking of which. In FFXIV every hard mode version of a previous dungeon gets entirely new areas, loot and enemies. With the old one remaining for leveling of course. Don't get me wrong I like it that wow does something good for change, but it's still kinda funny how they talk about something that is the norm for the competition as some revolutionary idea they came up with 'cause Karazhan is special.
    Because if they didn't then people would cry "OMG KARAZHAN IS 99% REHASHED CONTENT" like they've done previously, just look at ZG/ZA

10+ Year Old Account
    • The team had to restrain themselves and avoid making everything scale. So far it has worked well!
    Bleh. I'm not fond of scaling at all. What is the friggin point of leveling if everything scales up to you?

Quote Originally Posted by Granyala View Post
    Bleh. I'm not fond of scaling at all. What is the friggin point of leveling if everything scales up to you?
    So they can use the whole continent for the expansion pack and not just tiny designated 110 areas.

I found that bit the funniest part of the broadcast.

Everything else was YEAH, CHEER, RAPTUROUS APPLAUSE.

That bit was meh, yeah, golfclap

Hate it but agree with comment above about scaling to max level in expansion and not further being the only real option for scaling. A key part of RPGs is getting so much better than opponents that they are trivial to you. It's a power thing. It may not be everyone but I would imagine there are still a lot of people that like running old content when max level (for mounts mostly but also transmog and achievements, and of course revenge on that boss that kept killing you)

No, it's not a stupid idea if done correctly. I bet the only way they would do that would be lock the max level of the zone per expansion.
    That would be like, Vanilla zones (excluding Cataclysm zones, ofc) would lock at level 60, BC zones locks at 70 and so on. With that, there wouldn't be difference about farming on max level on anything, because when like, you return to Hellfire Peninsula at max level, mobs would be at 70, Borean Tundra at 80, etc. That also counts towards dungeons, and raids would still be the same.

Zone scalling is fantastic, and it wound't "kill the concept of RPG", it would make it better. Everyone could level anywhere they wanted, and you wouldn't be tied to a zone because of your level, but the only way they could do this right is doing as I said, and I doubt they would do anything different than that.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Blizzard sucks at realism. It's natural.
    Please share your real time travel with the rest of us.

I hope Blizzard realizes that when I want scaling for old content, I don't mean scaling it up to max level. What I want is scaling like Legion has, within certain parameters. For instance, instead of Ashenvale having a range of enemies between 20 and 25 and questers outlevelling the zone long before they finish it, scale the zone from 20 to 30 and suddenly people can finish zones when levelling. For post-60 content, just scale all the content for the level restraints of the expansion; now, instead of having to face Hellfire Penninsula again when you hit 60, you'd be able to merrily skip to Nagrand and start levelling there.

Antitower was great, looking forward to a trippy Karazhan

Deleted
    Will this recycling of content ever end? Blizzard is the only company that does this. Fuckin joke.