Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    Deleted

First 3 (5) companions to level up?

Hi there
    What will be your first 3 companions/champions to level and gear up? Im still unsure, would be nice if there are some information about the first raid missions and what kind of companions are needed for it.
    What are your first companions you will level to epic and gear up first?

My actual wish list is:
    Taoshi ( 15% for 8+hour missions )
    Lord Jorach ( 15% fior missions with dangers )
    vanessa ( 15% while spells in missions )
    Garona ( 15% vs bosses )

But for the last 5th one im unsure... for later progression missions martins/valeeras/shaws secondary ability seems a little bit useless, tethys is only good while used with pirates , which you shouldnt use in high rewarding (raid) missions...

The next question: which are the 3 first follower we should upgrade to epic and a high ilvl first?

What do you think?
    Last edited by mmoc96ce41db5d; 2016-09-04 at 09:44 AM.

Garona for sure....

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by bigsuirlife View Post
    Garona for sure....
    Because of the 15% vs bosses? Yeah.. any raid mission should have a boss atleast
    Last edited by mmoc96ce41db5d; 2016-09-04 at 09:44 AM.

Still levelling so Vanessa's coming out on missions with me instead. She's my new Sidekick!
    BASIC CAMPFIRE for WARCHIEF UK Prime Minister!

Deleted
    Basically what I am going for too.
    Ravenholdt because he has a 2nd counter ability and was the most usefull till now.
    Garona because bosses should be common in dungeon and raid missions.
    Taoshi because the good quests will probably be longer than 8 hours.
    Vanessa because I want 1 combat champ and I just like her the most out of the other options.
    Mathias Shaw because I want a 2nd assa, his 2nd is better than Valeera (troops are cheap), and most importantly he counters minions which I else lag.
    Going for 2 assa, 2 sub 1 combat because till now maybe 10% of the missions I got needed combat.
    Convinient was that you can use Garona and Vanessa and Ravenholdt during leveling as bodyguard to level them fast.
    Taoshi and Shaw already come 110.
    Last edited by mmoccb7d8d3ee0; 2016-09-04 at 04:31 PM.

I think my list is going to be:

- Jorach as combat ally, since he's so good for clearing world quests. In a pinch he also counters both minions and hazards
    - Taoshi (Subtlety), since she's the only other sub rogue and bonus against long missions
    - Garona (Assassination), for the boss bonus
    - Vanessa (Outlaw), for the doubly powerful spell counter and in case I feel like having a bodyguard
    - Either Noggenfogger or Matthias, for minion counter
    Last edited by kindath; 2016-09-04 at 08:00 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Zekka View Post
    Basically what I am going for too.
    Ravenholdt because he has a 2nd counter ability and was the most usefull till now.
    Garona because bosses should be common in dungeon and raid missions.
    Taoshi because the good quests will probably be longer than 8 hours.
    Vanessa because I want 1 combat champ and I just like her the most out of the other options.
    Mathias Shaw because I want a 2nd assa, his 2nd is better than Valeera (troops are cheap), and most importantly he counters minions which I else lag.
    Going for 2 assa, 2 sub 1 combat because till now maybe 10% of the missions I got needed combat.
    Convinient was that you can use Garona and Vanessa and Ravenholdt during leveling as bodyguard to level them fast.
    Taoshi and Shaw already come 110.
    For the Garona/Vanessa/Ravenholdt, the bodyguard helps them get to rare quickly as well. Taoshi/Shaw will take quite a lot of missions to get there.

Deleted
    Another question for the 5th follower:
    Mathias shaw got the spy perk , are the contracts from this perks also usefull/usable on raid missions and so on? That could be REALY helpful.

Quote Originally Posted by Sephiroso View Post
    For the Garona/Vanessa/Ravenholdt, the bodyguard helps them get to rare quickly as well. Taoshi/Shaw will take quite a lot of missions to get there.
    Shaw can also be set as a combat ally.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Enterich View Post
    Another question for the 5th follower:
    Mathias shaw got the spy perk , are the contracts from this perks also usefull/usable on raid missions and so on? That could be REALY helpful.
    I believe this is the item he has a chance to get:
    http://www.wowhead.com/item=139428/a...ssionabilities

The tooltip seems to imply that it only works on troops, not champions, but I'm not sure if that's the case. It should definitely be usable for raid missions.

How do you unlick Taoshi and Mathias Shaw as companions?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by kumarshah View Post
    How do you unlick Taoshi and Mathias Shaw as companions?
    At the end of your compaign.

What kinda items do you get from Sticky Fingers with Marin Noggenfogger?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by kindath View Post
    Shaw can also be set as a combat ally.

- - - Updated - - -

I believe this is the item he has a chance to get:
    http://www.wowhead.com/item=139428/a...ssionabilities

The tooltip seems to imply that it only works on troops, not champions, but I'm not sure if that's the case. It should definitely be usable for raid missions.
    Did someone discovered this yet?
    Because for me right now it seems that tethys as a 5. follower will be the best. if you group him with pirates , while speced the pirate order hall perk , you could go nearly for 100% if he counteres something on basic follower gear missions.

Quote Originally Posted by Enterich View Post
    Did someone discovered this yet?
    Because for me right now it seems that tethys as a 5. follower will be the best. if you group him with pirates , while speced the pirate order hall perk , you could go nearly for 100% if he counteres something on basic follower gear missions.
    The master plans do work on champions.

Tethys is fine, especially if you upgrade your pirates.

The only champions that are actually bad are Valeera (Minions are dirt cheap, so keeping them alive is worthless) and possibly Noggenfogger - I didn't have him active for too long, but he didn't bring back anything on any of the missions I sent him on. And if you value the items, you can replace him by upgrading your bandits.

Jorach lost a lot of value after his combat trait got nerfed, and his shadowstep is a bonus, not a second counter. I'm still okay with my list since I have all my combat allies active, but it's probably not as effective as it could be if I take anyone other than jorach as a combat ally.

Subtlety missions appear to be less common than outlaw or assassination, so you maybe should choose only one of taoshi or jorach, if you're not using jorach as a combat ally.
    Last edited by kindath; 2016-09-12 at 01:42 PM.

You gotta decide if you want to have only one "Kick" counter ( 2 sub rogues ) or only one "Fan of Knives" counter ( 2 combat rogues )

Today, I just dumped Ravenholdt to get Noggenfogger back, I hope it pays out ( from my average mission list, too few sub missions to justify having 2 sub followers, Taoshi is good enough I hope )

Quote Originally Posted by skindown View Post
    You gotta decide if you want to have only one "Kick" counter ( 2 sub rogues ) or only one "Fan of Knives" counter ( 2 combat rogues )

Today, I just dumped Ravenholdt to get Noggenfogger back, I hope it pays out ( from my average mission list, too few sub missions to justify having 2 sub followers, Taoshi is good enough I hope )
    You have to realize too, until you get more higher ilvl champions, you're not seeing the entire pool of missions just yet. So there might be a bunch of sub missions locked behind a requirement of having more higher ilvl champs.

As it is for me, i have a few above 780 and 1 810 and i mostly see sub/assassination. Though a couple days ago i was getting a bunch of combat ones.

Quote Originally Posted by Sephiroso View Post
    You have to realize too, until you get more higher ilvl champions, you're not seeing the entire pool of missions just yet. So there might be a bunch of sub missions locked behind a requirement of having more higher ilvl champs.

As it is for me, i have a few above 780 and 1 810 and i mostly see sub/assassination. Though a couple days ago i was getting a bunch of combat ones.
    Yeah, good point

Well, I guess there's no harm in having both of them ( Noggenfogger and Ravenholdt ) at blue rarity or higher, if anything happens, I'll just switch them

Plus, who knows if Noggenfoggers hability can bring the hidden appearance stuff?!?! A guy can dream :P

Quote Originally Posted by skindown View Post
    Yeah, good point

Well, I guess there's no harm in having both of them ( Noggenfogger and Ravenholdt ) at blue rarity or higher, if anything happens, I'll just switch them

Plus, who knows if Noggenfoggers hability can bring the hidden appearance stuff?!?! A guy can dream :P
    In another thread, someone said all they got was junk from him but yea its a possibility it could be rare.

Has anyone here had an issue unlocking "Lord Jorach Ravenholdt"? According to Wowhead, I've done all of his quests, and the final one should be him becoming my Follower. but I don't have him, and he doesn't have any quests for me now. I've been 110 for a while and still only have 4 Champions. I'll unlock Valeera tonight or tomorrow, as I have the quest for Black Rook Hold in my log. I put in a ticket but I have a 1 day, 13 hour wait time.

It's worth using bodyguard? I mean - it's not better to keep them doing Missions?