Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by Dezminion View Post
    I did not.
    WoD zones were horrible, leveling was boring.
    I slightly preferred the WoD levelling/zones to Legion. MoP was even better.

Quote Originally Posted by Ryzael View Post
    What 'new' to MMO features? Nothing you listed in the things you really like list, and you say the list is big so name a few?
    Innovation is different than invention, and this game is filled with innovations ... taking existing 'things' and putting them together in different ways to produce new value ..

I have not played ALL MMO's ever made .. I started playing MMO's fairly late (SWG) and then played most/all AAA tittles since then and WoW Legion, to me, has raised the bar so far high I don't see any one else being able of come even close without billions of dollars and years of development.

WoW is even taping mobile now which is huge!

I just hit 110 today and that took lots of hours, if we consider the average casual player is online 2 hours a day, it will be weeks before they reach max level, and that's assuming they stick with one class!

The hard core +4hours / +6hours a day folks are extremely vocal and have always wanted new content pushed out a pace that simply would alienate +90% of the player base!
    Last edited by Cempa; 2016-09-04 at 08:33 AM.

I don't really like the artifacts mechanics and the garrison 2.0, but they brought back old instance portals so this is already better than WoD.

Deleted
    As someone who joined Legion in alpha, to me it is still the possible best expansion ever. But what it comes down to now is the future amount of patches. Haven't enjoyed any expansion as much, at least not since TbC and wotlk.

Quote Originally Posted by Cempa View Post
    Innovation is different than invention, and this game is filled with innovations ... taking existing 'things' and putting them together in different ways to produce new value ..

I have not played ALL MMO's ever made .. I started playing MMO's fairly late (SWG) and then played most/all AAA tittles since then and WoW Legion, to me, has raised the bar so far high I don't see any one else being able of come even close without billions of dollars and years of development.

WoW is even taping mobile now which is huge!

I just hit 110 today and that took lots of hours, if we consider the average casual player is online 2 hours a day, it will be weeks before they reach max level, and that's assuming they stick with one class!

The hard core +4hours / +6hours a day folks are extremely vocal and have always wanted new content pushed out a pace that simply would alienate +90% of the player base!
    The companion app is actually pretty laughable, considering how long follower missions are which is 2 hours - 12 hours+, also it takes 7 days after rnk 2 to rank up your GH.

Then theres the AF progression, which halts after 13 points, if I read the MrRobot chart correctly (sorry it's 3am here) it's gonna take 30+ weeks for a fully upgraded AF weapon, I might be wrong cause im tired lol.

Anyways after having 2 lvl 110s already, Legion is alright and it does have potential if Blizzard fixes the gating issues, the amount of time for quests for followers, the pvp crate fiasco giving vendor trash and a few other issues. If they dont fix any of those, then Legion is just gonna be a WoD 2.0

As of now Legion is a 8/10 for me after putting 50+ hours into it already (I took 6 days off for Legion XD), it might go up or down after Sept when we get the raids/a further look at Legion.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by shaunika123 View Post
    that's actually on purpose so you can gear your offspec easier (and more importantly without having to change specs thus risking getting the wrong legendary)
    That's a nice thought, but offspecs aren't really a thing when you don't even have 34 traits in your main artifact, let alone in your offspec artifact.
    Probably just a stroke of bad luck on my side to not get those super-upgraded relics for my main weapon.

Quote Originally Posted by Unholyground View Post
    All the dragon aspects are destined to be corrupted, expect them to go one by one.
    Maybe so, but she was the only one I cared about, probably among my favorite warcraft charaters period. I really don't care much about what happened to cenarius or malfurion either, simply BECAUSE ysera fell in the same story arc.
    Quote Originally Posted by Boubouille
    Blizzard didn't have any problem killing Kael'thas, Illidan, Kael'thas, Lady Vashj, or even Kael'thas.

Brewmaster
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gheld View Post
    And when you encounter other players out in the world it's not "oh god, bugger off I'm trying to do this quest" It's like "sweet, other players, that'll make this way easier". Which is kind of what an MMO should be. You should be out in the world, and you should enjoy encountering other players.
    this is so true and i love it

Quote Originally Posted by Hexme View Post
    * AF system is horrible after you're 13 points into your AF, I'm still getting 10, 20 and 150 AP scrolls from world quests and I need 6800+ AP for a single talent.....that's ****** up. Oh don't worry work orders will increase the AP you get....oh did I mention the first order takes 3 days and the 2nd one takes 5 days to complete?, the amount of salt I'll be if that doesn't get me a good amount of AP.
    Why the fuck would you want to fill all the fucking tree in 1 week? What you complain there about looks like a GOOD thing...

I wouldn't say they raised any bar. I'd say they finally met their own standards after a period of meager expansions. Things like mob scaling have been an MMO feature for years, Blizzard just caught up to the trend.

Legion is great so far. But I can see the World Quests to become a boring chore over time. Let's wait and see how frequent and quick they will add new content this time.
    Atoms are liars, they make up everything!

Deleted
    People may feel like they enjoy the new profession system but trust me its going to get old REAL ******* quick especially with multiple toons and non heal / tank characters with hours long ques.

Quote Originally Posted by TS26 View Post
    Too early to tell. people LOVED WOD in the first week. Ask this question again in a year.
    I do not agree with this. I had several friends express concerns in the first week after we realised that Garrisons was the end game.

I've been a massive critic of blizzard in the last few years as I believe the developers they have hired since TBC have been failures, but this expansion is a massive step in the right direction. I can't remember the last time I was so eager to log into a game and play, and been so overwhelmed with things to do. I enjoy grinding out honor talents, I enjoy world quests, I like how every zone has its own "meta" going on, like the ancient mana stuff. I love the new levelling system now that we can level anywhere and with anyone. The dungeons all look fresh and interesting. The prune isn't quite as bad as previously thought now that we have artifacts unlocked. Class halls are awesome, even the rogue one. I love how huge Suramar is, it actually feels like being in a city. I like how they took the best things about diablo 3 and incorporated them into WoW.

My only concern is that they can't just rest on this and they need to aggressively release content in future.

Quote Originally Posted by lolpve View Post
    I do not agree with this. I had several friends express concerns in the first week after we realised that Garrisons was the end game.

I've been a massive critic of blizzard in the last few years as I believe the developers they have hired since TBC have been failures, but this expansion is a massive step in the right direction. I can't remember the last time I was so eager to log into a game and play, and been so overwhelmed with things to do. I enjoy grinding out honor talents, I enjoy world quests, I like how every zone has its own "meta" going on, like the ancient mana stuff. I love the new levelling system now that we can level anywhere and with anyone. The dungeons all look fresh and interesting. The prune isn't quite as bad as previously thought now that we have artifacts unlocked. Class halls are awesome, even the rogue one. I love how huge Suramar is, it actually feels like being in a city. I like how they took the best things about diablo 3 and incorporated them into WoW.

My only concern is that they can't just rest on this and they need to aggressively release content in future.
    Garrisons weren't the end game ... they helped you do stuff you enjoyed in the end-game like pvp or dungeons or raiding. They just didn't have enough pvp or dungeons or raiding. WOD failed because they didn't produce enough content to do with all the time you saved from garrisons. It had fewer raid tiers than MOP and a small number of dungeons vs even legion at release.

Bring back WOD with more sane garrison rewards and the large number of dungeons Legion has and the aggressive raid release schedule Legion has, and it would be a strictly better game.

Legion is really terrible with the grind. WOD showed a way to have an MMO without grinding, and too many helpless fools who are still working the same job they had back in BC went apeshit over having "nothing to do."

Quote Originally Posted by TS26 View Post
    people LOVED WOD in the first week..
    This fucking meme is making me angry. Wipe it from the face of the earth.

Quote Originally Posted by Zelorra View Post
    Why the fuck would you want to fill all the fucking tree in 1 week? What you complain there about looks like a GOOD thing...
    And you think it's alright for it to take 30 weeks....what a pleb

Why is it not OK to take more than 5 days? Who the fuck said 30 weeks?

It's good but it is kind of exhausting to play. Already feeling burn out starting and I just dinged 110 today.
    Being flooded with quests pulling you in every which way is a bit annoying.

Don't really know how to effectively maximize my time in game.

Quote Originally Posted by Dekkers View Post
    It's good but it is kind of exhausting to play. Already feeling burn out starting and I just dinged 110 today.
    Being flooded with quests pulling you in every which way is a bit annoying.

Don't really know how to effectively maximize my time in game.
    Focus on Suramar first.

People, that usually complains for the AP grind, tend to waste time chasing WQ for AP rewards and it's a massive mistake.

Suramar nets u more gear thru the order hall set upgrade token and VASTLY more AP then everything else combined; with the added bonus of being an extremely engaging zone to quest thru.