Page 6 of 20 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Wilian View Post
    As usual, people are against fun because it on extremely rare occassion slightly inconveniences them.
    I offer you a description of "slight" inconvinience posted 3 mins prior to your post.

Quote Originally Posted by Fientje View Post
    I'm on a pve server.
    I had to kill a guy in the sewers who carried the item I needed to complete a profession quest item.
    I went in the sewers and got flagged for pvp, suddenly everyone around me turned red and I was dead in a few seconds.
    I tried shadowmeld, shielding myself, running away, nothing helped I was dead.
    Ran back waited for my pvp flag to go away before ressing.
    Ressed, and imediatly got flagged again, tried to run in the direction of my questgiver, but died in a second.
    After almost 40 minutes of this, and getting a bit closer to the npc with every res, I finally got to the npc.
    Only to be killed every time I tried to get a hit on the npc.
    When the npc finally went down, I was running back so I missed the kill.
    As soon as he appeared again, I cast one spell on him and went into hide.
    Unfortiunatly that's what many players seemed to be doing so he didn't go down.
    I went back in to hurt him some more, aggro'd him and died.
    Ran back in, ressed, and died instantly. Sometimes managed to cast a spell on the npc, sometimes didn't, but I always died within seconds, ran back. Rince and repeat. Did this point for good twenty minutes.
    Got frustrated and logged off.

I gave up on that quest.
    I went on and leveled further and in the meantime I was missing any other quest I should be doing for my profession, because I was stuck in the questchain at that point.

I read here you can buy a bribe, so I did that.
    Went fine at first, I got to my quest mob, and my bodyguard decided to have some fun with me, and left me, I died.
    I didn't even have him for a full minute... I have also no idea where he went.
    I ended up getting the quest with my next bodyguard.

I get that they want to have an open pvp area, all fine for me. But don't put the pve mobs downthere.
    PVE'ers mostly don't care about your PVP area, they aren't raging at you. They are raging at Blizzard's tarded idea of putting PVE content behind a PVP area. If they weren't sent down there in the first place the complaints would be minor or non-existent.

I take that last part back actually, there would probably be complaints from PVP'ers complaining they have no cannot fodder to gank................ on PVE servers. Go figure.
    Last edited by mmoc150ef56254; 2016-09-04 at 12:18 PM.

I'm not usually one of "those guys," but has the playerbase become so spoiled that this tiny little area of unadulterated chaos is so abhorrent to you? Oh no, like two quests send you down there. So what? Be careful. It's like...5 minutes out of your life. Then, if that kind of chaos doesn't appeal to you, never go back. Gee, seems pretty simple.

I think it's fantastic. And I'm on a PvE server and hate PvP. Getting around in there is sort of a novel challenge. I try to kill some of the mini bosses, then get the hell out when the guards go on break. It's kind of this funny game of cat and mouse where the PvP people chomp at the bit to slaughter all the unskilled PvE people, and the PvE people have to be quick on their toes to survive. I like it, especially now that there's a lot less CC in the game.

It's something different people. A break in the routine. This is what an MMO is about, adding different things that different people like. Stop acting like it's some game-breaking thing, when at worst it's a minor inconvenience.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Nekosom View Post
    I'm not usually one of "those guys," but has the playerbase become so spoiled that this tiny little area of unadulterated chaos is so abhorrent to you? Oh no, like two quests send you down there. So what? Be careful. It's like...5 minutes out of your life. Then, if that kind of chaos doesn't appeal to you, never go back. Gee, seems pretty simple.

I think it's fantastic. And I'm on a PvE server and hate PvP. Getting around in there is sort of a novel challenge. I try to kill some of the mini bosses, then get the hell out when the guards go on break. It's kind of this funny game of cat and mouse where the PvP people chomp at the bit to slaughter all the unskilled PvE people, and the PvE people have to be quick on their toes to survive. I like it, especially now that there's a lot less CC in the game.

It's something different people. A break in the routine. This is what an MMO is about, adding different things that different people like. Stop acting like it's some game-breaking thing, when at worst it's a minor inconvenience.
    Read the quote in my post above yours. It's not 5 minutes. It would be 5 minutes if we didn't have to contend with PVP, and we'd be happy with that.

The problem is guys, it is just not fun. I see the good intentions behind this stuff and what they tried to make it to be, but it is just badly designed and not fun at all.

It's in the "Under Belly" under Dalaran, well if you haven't been there I tell you it's a really really small place with narrow walls and a lot of people, so many that you can't even see out of your head sometimes. Obviously with so many people in a small place it is not just a constant zergfest, but a big lagfest. The narrow walls and place causes most of the time to not even be able to loot bosses, because even if you have the "5 gold paid guard" (and hopefully it isn't bugged like right now) you can't loot the boss. Why? Because everyone just stands over the corpse and you can't target anything, oh wait a second, the guards are tired they will have a quick break... and it's pvp again.

Wait PvP? Player versus Player??? If it is a pvp zone then it must be fun and challenging right? But wait... Getting killed by 20 people while lagging (server lag) and not be able to react in any possible and reasonable way is not something that is fun to me at least. Well probably I'm just bad at pvp then if I get killed right and I should stop crying, because I'm not spamming AoE barrage and random killing people who are supposed to be at a low health anyway. But..but...but why don't you group up then? Yeah group up with 25 people and here goes away the magic of this "wonderful" Underbelly FFA experience that some people talk about. If you want to know anyway the pro pvp players aren't going to pvp there, you can guess why.

It is just a bad design from the devs, and this either have to be in a different expanded zone, or have to be phased with way less people.
    Last edited by Dizson; 2016-09-04 at 12:23 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Motorman View Post
    You know what I read in all your post? "Please blizzard don't force me to interact with others in my solo fantasy where everyone but me are irrelevant". Im glad you re forced to interact. You shouldn't live in a bubble regardless if you choose to call it pvp or pve. The sewers are a global pvp area. Tough luck that you have to do pve stuff in there but the game gives you protection options.

Instead of learning how to be protected you come here and tell us what the game is about and how you don't like interacting etc. The game is so much about pvp that it even has its own separate tier of pvp talents. Regardless how much you choose to ignore pvp its there. The fact that you don't like it is as irrelevant as me saying I don't like raiding. Only difference is you won't ever see me saying "stop shoving raids down our throat".

At the end of the day whats so bad about pvp? Does it hurt your giant ego if you get killed by a player? At least you don't suffer repair costs.

- - - Updated - - -

Such a restriction of content T_T Point is back in the day and at least up to MoP noone would ever complain that there are pvp exclusive zones even in pve servers. WoD and later seems that we re co-playing with the most sensitive playerbase ever.
    If you read that in my post, I'd say either I worded it wrong, or your reading skills are off
    You accuse me of not wanting to interact with other players, which is not the case, I love working with other players. I'm the first one to make a group to do things together. I don't live in a bubble, nor do I need one, or want one. I love working 'with' people, not 'against' people, which is why my characters are on a pve server.
    I'm also ok with people who hate raiding. I don't think there has ever been a point where you got raids shoved down your throat.
    They are there, and if you don't join a group for them, or don't run into them, you will never see them in your game play.
    It is not compareable with having profession quests in a ffa pvp zone.
    Getting killed by a pvp player also does not hurt my 'giant' ego. I'm a pve healing character. My five mains are healers. During questing I res any dead player I see lying on the floor and i throw around heals to people who are low on hp during their quests. I chose to level my healing artifact because I love healing, questing goes painfully slow but I don't care, I'm enjoying what I do at my own pace, on a pve server, cooperating with other people. It's a whole different playstyle compared to pvp servers.

Seeing how you are wording things, maybe you are the one with the giant ego.

Quote Originally Posted by tenaka30 View Post
    I offer you a description of "slight" inconvinience posted 3 mins prior to your post.

PVE'ers mostly don't care about your PVP area, they aren't raging at you. They are raging at Blizzard's tarded idea of putting PVE content behind a PVP area. If they weren't sent down there in the first place the complaints would be minor or non-existent.

I take that last part back actually, there would probably be complaints from PVP'ers complaining they have no cannot fodder to gank................ on PVE servers. Go figure.
    You don't have to go there, you choose to go there. As I said, there's very extremely rare occurence that you actually get quest to go down there, so suck it up.
    Modern gaming apologist: I once tasted diarrhea so shit is fine.

"People who alter or destroy works of art and our cultural heritage for profit or as an excercise of power, are barbarians" - George Lucas 1988

Quote Originally Posted by mrinvisable2 View Post
    and all i want from those boses is ele shaman hiden artifact skin
    and you are a ranged, thing about poor rog assa that instant-die by aoe :|

Hmf...as someone else said elsewhere:

So there are well over 20 level 2 and level 3 profession patterns down there, and all require sightless eyes, most of them in the 250-500 range.
    You need 100 sightless eyes for the Obliterum Forge quest.
    Just those two examples are going to require farming a great many sightless eyes, and farming them in a forced PvP zone, 5 minutes at a time, sounds ridiculous.
    There better be a viable alternative to finding sightless eyes not involving PvP.

Seems there's more complaints in this first week than there ever was with WoD in the same time-frame. (and not just because of forced PvP on a PvE server, although that's certainly an issue)
    Last edited by Shadowferal; 2016-09-04 at 01:31 PM.

Deleted
    You don't have to go there, you choose to go there. As I said, there's very extremely rare occurence that you actually get quest to go down there, so suck it up.
    I'm not sure you're understanding the issue, or perhaps refusing to.

It's not a rare occurrence, it's a part of the questline for one (or possibly more) profession. Every person with the same profession(s) are affected. It is actually going to be a common occurrence.

Again. No problem with PVP area. Problem with PVE being required to go in there. Remove that and PVP'ers can keep the underbelly and do whatever they like.

Although BMAH users might also want to chime in and ask for it to be moved to a more PVE friendly environment.

Quote Originally Posted by Tauror View Post
    Gurubashi Arena isn't below Stormwind/Orgrimmar, nor a profession quests hub.

Underbelly is fine as it is, just remove the profession hubs from there (although it removes a nice zone of Dalaran from anyone that doesn't really care about PvP).
    The problem with it being below Dalaran and thus causing lag upstairs will be solved by either a patch or just waiting until the launch hype dies down. I've not even noticed any lag, so surely it'll be much better later down the line.

As for the profession issue, you can bribe a guard and solve the problem yourself for the price of an item level 46 sword in Orgrimmar. Not really something worth a six page thread if you ask me.

I'm not sure you're understanding the issue, or perhaps refusing to.

It's not a rare occurrence, it's a part of the questline for one (or possibly more) profession. Every person with the same profession(s) are affected. It is actually going to be a common occurrence.

Again. No problem with PVP area. Problem with PVE being required to go in there. Remove that and PVP'ers can keep the underbelly and do whatever they like.

Although BMAH users might also want to chime in and ask for it to be moved to a more PVE friendly environment.
    One single quest out of thousands (be it per profession) is extremely minor and rare occurence in big picture. Deal with it instead of getting bleeding rectum over the matter.

"People who alter or destroy works of art and our cultural heritage for profit or as an excercise of power, are barbarians" - George Lucas 1988

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Caaethil View Post
    As for the profession issue, you can bribe a guard and solve the problem yourself for the price of an item level 46 sword in Orgrimmar. Not really something worth a six page thread if you ask me.
    Right now that does very little as people have reported your body guard isn't that effective and will disapppear the moment someone bribes the guards to turn a blind eye. I believe there is a blue post saying they are looking into it.

That said, with regards to effectiveness in PVE the game can force your attacker to face the guard but in PVP there is nothing to stop your attacker incapacitating the guard and still killing you rendering the guard mechanic pointless.

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowferal View Post
    So there are well over 20 level 2 and level 3 profession patterns down there, and all require sightless eyes, most of them in the 250-500 range.
    You need 100 sightless eyes for the Obliterum Forge quest.
    Just those two examples are going to require farming a great many sightless eyes, and farming them in a forced PvP zone, 5 minutes at a time, sounds ridiculous.
    There better be a viable alternative to finding sightless eyes not involving PvP.

Seems there's more complaints in this first week than there ever was with WoD in the same time-frame. (and not just because of forced PvP on a PvE server, although that's certainly an issue)
    A single boss kill grants 150+ eyes and there is almost always one up, so it does not actually take farming a great many. You can get 500 in 5 minutes easily.
    The only thing in there that takes a long time to obtain is the mount, and there are already people who had it on day one.

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowferal View Post
    Good thing I never bought Legion.

On a PvE server because of play style choice.
    If Blizz removes that choice, then yes, they do deserve to lose paying subscriptions. (I've a few weeks left on mine)

The term going around for the direction that the game is going in is "Blizztarded."™
    Good thing you didn't buy the best expansion since TBC because of 0.0000025% of its content? You're a fucking moron.

Deleted
    One single quest out of thousands (be it per profession) is extremely minor and rare occurence in big picture. Deal with it instead of getting bleeding rectum over the matter.
    You really are not getting it are you.

I've made the point regardless of whether you understand or accept our complaint.

ITT tanks thinking they're amazing at pvp and shutting down people from doing quests.

I mean, why the actual fuck do pvp players have a problem with this complaint? Just fix the damn thing so pve players aren't forced to do it. Make sure more pvp servers are sharded together and both sides are happy.

I say this as a tank who loves tanking people down there. The pvp players in this thread are being complete asshats for absolutely no reason for a change that wouldn't effect them while making the game better for some. It's a win win for everyone except the scum who just get off at ruining others enjoyment.
    Quote Originally Posted by High Overlord Saurfang
    "I am he who watches they. I am the fist of retribution. That which does quell the recalcitrant. Dare you defy the Warchief? Dare you face my merciless judgement?"
    i7-6700 @2.8GHz | Nvidia GTX 960M | 16GB DDR4-2400MHz | 1 TB Toshiba SSD| Dell XPS 15

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Winter Blossom View Post
    Not really. As far as I'm aware, there's nothing you need for PvE (questing, etc) down there.
    I assume you haven't read through the thread then.

There is at least one profession quest in a quest chain down there. If it wasn't then the only complaints would be getting to the BMAH alive and "Whoops I went down there not knowing PVP could be enabled".

And you aren't the first person to use the word NEED. The words use in this instance is irrelevant as we do not NEED to do anything in the game. We can stand in one spot in the middle of SW/ORG and nothing bad will happen (Legion invasion aside). The moment we WANT to do something, we will NEED to do something to get that WANT.

e.g. I WANT to level my professions to the best of my ability and so now I NEED to go into the sewers.

You really are not getting it are you.

I've made the point regardless of whether you understand or accept our complaint.
    No, I get it, I just think it's full of shit

Deleted
    See my edit, that was made right before you posted this
    I did not see that. Did you then also see my previous post that pointed out how ineffective the guards actually are?

And the whole NEED/WANT thing still applies.

and many are saying the guards are working fine for them.
    There are topics in the Bug report every 6 hours or so about despawning guards. No one would protest if they, you know, worked.