Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by i9erek View Post
    Wow always reuse music and that's for keeping it feeling like wow. Sometimes the music piece is "remastered. So if you heard something familiar for few seconds that's natural. Legion music is mind blowing. It's amazing and I just can't get enough of it.
    I would not use remastered or remixed. There are some that are reused from previous expansions because it fits the area or theme. Anything the sounds familiar I would bet money is a new score written specifically for Legion to pay homage to to while being different.

10+ Year Old Account
    You'll find that you're extremely wrong in this case. Even subjectively.
    ⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥ "In short, people are idiots who don't really understand anything." ⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥
    [/url]
    ⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥ ⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥

Quote Originally Posted by ible View Post
    When I heard that Howling Fjord junk in Stormheim i wanted to puke. AT LEAST give it a new melody. There's only hundreds of thousands to pick from. Let not mention the wide array of all kind of instruments that sound way better.
    The music in Stormheim sounds similar to HF because it uses similar melodies and instrumentation. Rest assured it is new.

10+ Year Old Account
    This thread reminds me of the fact that I've been playing WoW with the music switched off since the end of WotlK (so I could listen to some music while playing).
    Damn, sounds like I'm missing out
    Asus ROG MAXIMUS XI CODE | Intel Core i9-9900k | 32GB RAM DDR4-3200 CL16 | ASUS RTX 2080 SUPER

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Eggroll View Post
    There's indeed alot of reused music, in the invasions (Black Temple music), in the Broken Shore scenario (dunno what it was, very forgettable though) , in Stormheim (Vrykul from WotlK), Dalaran ofc.
    You make it sound like reinvigorating Howling Fjord's memorable melody into the new Vrykul of Stormheim is a bad thing. Who would be upset with a recreation of tracks beloved by the community?
    ⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥ "In short, people are idiots who don't really understand anything." ⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥
    [/url]
    ⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥ ⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥

OP didn't even make an effort in his post and is throwing around superlatives that arent even true.

How many topics like this have been made today alone?

Quote Originally Posted by munchimunchi View Post
    over reused music from pandaria in high mountain ... and other areas felts bad
    First, the particular soundtrack you're thinking of is from Cataclysm, and second, it's the Deathwing/Earthwarder theme. It only even plays in the caves that have to deal with Neltharion.
    Cheerful lack of self-preservation

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Thelxi View Post
    I disagree. They actually did a good job with the music this expansion. In WoD I actually got pretty annoyed with some of the music, like the horde garrison cancer, but in legion they went a bit more subtle and back to the game's roots.
    Thankfully we had the jukebox (i changed it to Pandaria music)

I like the music but eye of ashara is prob the most epic music i heard in this game so far

I have loved the music. First time I ever purchased a soundtrack... People just cannot admit when Blizzard has done a good job...

10+ Year Old Account
    Nearby, preventing you from fast traveling.
    Music in legion has been terrible compared to WoD.

And a lot of it is reused from wrath.

Only pieces that have matched WoD's quality are the Varian theme and the last stand music. The rest was pretty meh. Stormheim in particularly had horrible background music.

Brewmaster
    7+ Year Old Account
    blizzard never seized to amaze me with their sound tracks, but i have to say, mop and wod sound tracks are better than legions one

but that doesn't mean legion is bad, it is really good
    Last edited by Teaon; 2016-09-04 at 04:56 PM. Reason: typo

10+ Year Old Account
    Sometimes I think people make awful threads just to get a reaction out of people. If only there was a word for that.......

On a serious note the music is so great. It really makes the zones feel complete.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zelos View Post
    Aside from this being an obvious troll topic since the music is superb - what kind of argument is this supposed to be? 'If you can't do something yourself you can't complain about it'? What?
    Does that mean nobody who's not a game dev is allowed to critize games, nobody other than musicians can critize music and you can't have an opinion on movies if you're not a director?
    Oh you're allowed. Nobody can take away your opinion on something (yet), but that doesn't mean it has to be equal. I would prefer to hear the opinion of a musician rather than someone that isn't one when it comes to the topic of music, personally. Similar to how I might trust a gaming website for gaming opinions more than say a Cosmopolitan magazine. (I know that's extreme, but I hope it helps communicate my thoughts.)

I understand the point you're making, I just don't think all opinions are equal, for better or worse.

OT: As a musician, I disagree with your opinion, OP.

Quote Originally Posted by Cæli View Post
    The quality of a music is not measured by its instrumentation. It is measured by its quality of composition and the personal things we feel when listening to it, how fitting it is.
    Well not really. The only things we can "measure objectively" are technical and factual things like compositional technique, arrangement, orchestration, instrumentation, performance, development of ideas etc. And in this regard, Legion is oce again outstanding. Which isn't really surprising, because Blizzard were maintaining high standards for years now, and the list of composers and musicians used for the score wouldn't have you expect otherwise.

The "personal feels" stuff is irrelevant to "quality". Laymen will say that this is a question of "taste", which of course is incorrect and a fallacious and misleading oversimplification of a complex matter. It is however a question of the listener being, or being not, able to assume a perspective that allows them to emotionally appreciate the music.

If you're not able to "tune it" into it, you'll not going to enjoy it and not going to realize what's great about it. Which is pretty much what is happening here, I would very strongly assume - you're unable to become responsive to it, but it doesn't mean that the music itself lacks something.

It's normal. I can't listen to certain pieces of music, even whole styles, no matter the quality of the work and the creativity behind it. I just can't get into the headspace that's required to be able to appreciate them. I'm aware though that it's me and not the "quality" of the music. I'm also aware of when it IS the quality of the music that's the problem.

There is a world between a genius level composition from let's say Final Fantasy 6 and a bland orchestra music with no memorable parts. Just because there is an orchestra does not magically make a bland composition good.
    As a trained, professional composer, this is where it gets absurd for me. Old school video games were one of the reasons I even got into learning to compose and wanting to write for visual media, and I love the classic soundtracks of the 16-Bit-era like FF6 just as much as the next guy. But please. This is like saying a refrigerator, as opposed to a NASA shuttle, is a masterpiece in engineering.

For whatever reason (there are many possible), in the case of the Legion soundtrack you're hearing, but not listening, which is normal, sometimes our minds just lack the readiness. But I can assure you that the Legion score is far from "uninspired", and it's especially strange that you would lament the lack of "memorable parts", because one thing that sticks out for me particularly this time around is how theme-driven and catchy the whole thing is. It also does an incredible job of really, really enhancing the feel of the zones. It's almost a lore element without words and concrete meanings. I think you should open up more, the music is wonderful.

10+ Year Old Account
    The music itself , while possibly not to your taste, is (as usual) pretty much above any QQ.

Only complaint I'd have is that the individual sub-zone cues are a little too short, so you start noticing the repetition rather quickly.

Personally I LOVE the bass flute they use. ^^

10+ Year Old Account
    You're so wrong. The music is great.

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Howlrunner View Post
    Yet another "Find something to whine about in a computer game to attempt to dissuade myself from the fact my life is crap and I feel powerless" thread.

Yay.
    Totally agree, makes one wonder if people like the OP are just bummed that this xpac looks to be doing well and just can't hack the idea..

I myself I love the music with Stormheim's music being one of my favourites because it reminds me so much of Howling Fjord..

I find Suramar's interesting in the sad and sombre tone it has..

Legion soundtrack is amazing, just like the soundtrack of every other expansion. No exception.

Blizzard frequently messes up on all fronts, but certainly not when it comes to music.

10+ Year Old Account
    There is nothing constructive about this.

You don't have to like the music. You can post a thread discussing tracks issues with it. A thread that Blizzard went "full retard" and just says "feels bad" is not constructive at all.