Quote Originally Posted by Taygai View Post
    I guess that's true. I just feel so weak to magic damage without guard. Even with ISB and high tolerance if my math is right it's only about 42% to stagger. And thus then 21% negated if we purify. Mathematically as I'm saying it, it sounds on par with a paladin Sotr or a Druid magic damage reduction, but we have to do more work for such things where as a Druid can have theirs 100% up.

Again maybe I'm missing something
    Hot blooded reduces 6% as well, since it reduces all incoming damage, but you're right i've been feeling fairly squishy against magic damage, while i just laugh at the physical damage.

Quote Originally Posted by Ray3andrei View Post
    Hot blooded reduces 6% as well, since it reduces all incoming damage, but you're right i've been feeling fairly squishy against magic damage, while i just laugh at the physical damage.
    In all honesty though, I guess I should ask myself and others. Is any tank strong against magical damage besides a warrior (I assume Ignore Pain handles this nicely).

I have a DH at 110 already and they seem okay, the self healing aspect while yes, I take all the damage minus 20% because of the CD, I can heal almost all of it back myself.

While as a DK they seem to have AMS still, but still on it's long CD of 45 seconds (might be 1 min now) that only absorbs up to a %, but have the damage mitigation of bone shield too and can self heal.

Guardian druids can have the 30% active mitigation and the golden trait of possibly reducing another 10%.

So if I'm just mathing it out in my head, estimating it, brewmasters suffer the biggest loss in magic damage. The closest competitor I think...again, mathing in my head, I think is DH but their self healing makes it seem almost nothing.

Been running my artifacts up to rank 13 each for now, trying to see things from multiple angles. Playing brew with rjw/boc, currently made it to above 800. Tankiness is fantastic once you get hot blooded. 8-10% DR are just great with a 80%+ uptime. You can pause stagger for a really long time if someone pulled another trashpack into your already large pull, or another to that. Hc Halls of Valor, I overpulled the wolves a little and ended up nearly getting oneshot every few seconds because something they did was magical I guess. My stagger bar wasn't rising as it should with those hp drops.

Also, yet have to run across another brewmaster. Feels good to be a special snowflake

Quote Originally Posted by Taygai View Post
    In all honesty though, I guess I should ask myself and others. Is any tank strong against magical damage besides a warrior (I assume Ignore Pain handles this nicely).

I have a DH at 110 already and they seem okay, the self healing aspect while yes, I take all the damage minus 20% because of the CD, I can heal almost all of it back myself.

While as a DK they seem to have AMS still, but still on it's long CD of 45 seconds (might be 1 min now) that only absorbs up to a %, but have the damage mitigation of bone shield too and can self heal.

Guardian druids can have the 30% active mitigation and the golden trait of possibly reducing another 10%.

So if I'm just mathing it out in my head, estimating it, brewmasters suffer the biggest loss in magic damage. The closest competitor I think...again, mathing in my head, I think is DH but their self healing makes it seem almost nothing.
    While i definently think paladins and warriors are ahead of us in terms of magic damage mitigation, i'm not entirely convinced about the others, dks have verry little mitigation against magic damage, yes they heal most of the damage but dont underestimate monk self healing, I've been soloing mythic bosses with 820 gear and im actually afraid of a nerf to OD.
    Against physical damage we are absolute gods, second to warriors i'd say

10+ Year Old Account
    Corners are you friends. You are practically unkillable in HC dungeons in them because OD procs on top of you with no delay or CD.

Was having a laugh with guildies with me just scouting the instances for good corners. Corner simulator 2016.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gestopft View Post
    For everything else, there's Brewmastercard

Deleted
    does anyone know when brewmaster gets implemented into simcraft? (is someone even working on that?) seems like we are the only class missing yet

There is no Brewmaster simcraft developer afaik. Last I checked, Brewmaster APL was still trying to use http://www.wowhead.com/item=76089/virmens-bite
    Quote Originally Posted by a wiser man
    Tanking should not exist just to let healers and dps have fun.
    Quote Originally Posted by Coramac
    If a monk has 200k DTPS and 200k HPS in hots on him, does anyone hear when he purifies?
    WeakAura sets with Rotation Helpers: Vengeance - Brewmaster

ARMORY - ARMORY
    <Ninjapartio>

7+ Year Old Account
    Been running HC from ilv 800 and been experimenting with the talents so far I enjoy Boc the most due to the delay stagger option and the burst CD it gives. Also might not be the best DR talent but been running with Gift instead of BoB, find it easier to keep healing myself above the 35% range when dipping below 35% due to nearly always having an extra orb every few seconds. Also the more mastery you have the higher the heal you get from ox orbs. Few of the runs I have out healed the healer with getting 150k hps during huge pack pulls. Taking gift gives me more self sustain and i don't worry as much if I have a crappy healer.

Will say only problem on big pulls if you don't burst most of the adds quickly you'll run out of purifying charges and will be praying your & your healer's healing can survive those extra 6 seconds for the next purify. With this build hp is bouncing back and forth but when I have 4 orbs can shoot my HP up to full again with no worries.

Deleted
    Not 110 yet (107 currently), but reading up on HT it appears that's better than I expected (expected BoC's CD reduction on BoF to be insanely good, actually - as it lets you get huge uptime on that 6% reduction, and paired with more brews from Keg...), so I was thinking about LB vs BoB, and seeing that there's few numbers on them in here, without digging through the entire thread. Most of the stuff I've seen about brewmasters doesn't count anything to do with artifact traits - thus doesn't mention using BoF except as filler - and so I'm wary of trusting it too much.

So, does anyone have numbers on Light brewing vs Black ox? I took Black ox, but looking at it, I'm not entirely sure how many extra charges you get from LB - bearing in mind that changes based on BoC or HT, due to keg smash with the prior (as well as slightly more BoF, so less Palm) and haste in the latter. I've assumed BoC for now, but may well switch to HT later, as it looks better for tough content (whilst BoC provides more mitigation, but a smaller stagger amount compared to HT, as I understand it. And stagger is good, due to smoothing spikes).

90s CD on BoB is one extra brew per 30s, LB drops brew CD by 3s, looking at probably down to ~every 9-10s from ~every 12-13s? Does that sound sensible Maybe it's a bit high still? Probably should throw together a monte carlo, tbh. But to get another whole charge in the 30s - ignoring the initial extra charge, looking more at a sustained thing, you'd need to be looking at X charges in 30s, where X = 30/CD, and X+1 = 30/(CD-3), so 30/CD = 30/(CD-3) - 1, or about 11s CD, before factoring in any buffs from this tier. Is this doable? Not played around with dummies to see what kind of CD I'm getting on brews overall (and I lack facepalm currently, which will influence it, too). Is my maths vaguely sensible? That's the kind of region where you're getting around 100% ISB uptime if you don't purify much, which seems like a silly situation.

Ofc, BoB has the advantage of burst charges, and the numbers are affected by haste, so by gear in general.

Feel free to rip my logic/maths/TC to shreds, as usual when I post any kind of numbers.

blackout brew cd is reduced by keg smash/palms too, it gives you more charges than LB over any amount of time afaik. someone did maths for it earlier in the thread but im too lazy to search through.

you can have 100% uptime of ISB with BoB/BoC, with purifying occasionally. it's stupid and removes most of choice from our AM but it's blizzard so
    Brewmaster Icy-Veins Guide Writer

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Quotey View Post
    blackout brew cd is reduced by keg smash/palms too, it gives you more charges than LB over any amount of time afaik. someone did maths for it earlier in the thread but im too lazy to search through.

you can have 100% uptime of ISB with BoB/BoC, with purifying occasionally. it's stupid and removes most of choice from our AM but it's blizzard so
    Black Ox Brew's CD is reduced? *checks* Well, that rubbishes all that maths :P Not used BoB too much, as I've not been doing tuff stuff.

Not a fan of ISB as 100%, but meh. What can you do but play the class as given?

If you do big pulls you wont have 100% uptime except if you like being at insane stagger levels at all times, in which case high tolerance is just simply better

I think we could use a 1 minute magic CD. Something that makes us full stagger magic damage like that pvp talent. Just feel like even with ISB magic burst can be a bit high sometimes, particularly the drake early on in HoV

But you're better off having 50% uptime and purifying 2x as much if you want to reduce incoming damage

More haste should mean more purifies, not just more ISB uptime

7+ Year Old Account
    Black Ox Brew being affected by KS and TP makes it certainly more interesting (even though it already was a strong talent). So far, I've used Light Brewing a lot, but I've also considered giving Gift of the Mists another try as I seem to naturally hover around 50% HP anyway (except when incoming damage gets really low or really high).

In the level 100 tier, I tried Elusive Dance and High Tolerance so far. ED and purifying medium stagger (even when it's as low as 35% of my HP over the entire duration) seemed to work better. I'm still getting a pretty decent IsB uptime doing that. Far more than I need to cover any AM check or hard-hitting boss ability. My guild mate who's been healing during our Mythic dungeon runs (already cleared all of the currently accessible eight Mythic dungeons; she's a Holy paladin btw) also seemed to favor me using ED and keeping my stagger low. Additionally, that 10% buff from ED, while not being that high, is still rather nice to have.
    "We pave the sunlit path toward justice together, brick by brick. This is my brick." - Tim Cook, CEO of Apple

Armory: Monk, Druid, Death Knight, Shaman
    WoWProgress: Monk, Druid, Death Knight, Shaman

So I got Gai Plin's Soothing Sash , I am guessing and maybe I am wrong that High Tolerance becomes better. Am I mistaken? Or does the brew perks and breath of fire cool down become king?

Quote Originally Posted by ambio View Post
    So I got Gai Plin's Soothing Sash , I am guessing and maybe I am wrong that High Tolerance becomes better. Am I mistaken? Or does the brew perks and breath of fire cool down become king?
    Damn. Grats

I'm personally preferring Elusive Dance in general, and the increased purify amount should also work well with that belt.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by ambio View Post
    That's a nice legendary indeed! As I've already seen numbers showing that HT provides more damage staggered than BoC, but less mitigation, I'd wager that pushes HT well ahead. They're similar enough talents, I think, in terms of power, which is sweet.

I'm stuck doing dungeon finder since none of my friends play WoW anymore and my guild pretty much does nothing together, despite having 50-100 people on at all times (so hard to find a good guild). I have only been doing normals since my ilvl is under 810. I feel like I might not even want to do random heroics, because I get a lot of close calls on normal. I cant take advantage of celestial fortune if the healer is not trying very hard or is healing the dps that stand in everything. I guess what im saying is that I think I picked the wrong tank to be doing dungeon finder exclusively =( im a sad Pandaren.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Ghier View Post
    I'm stuck doing dungeon finder since none of my friends play WoW anymore and my guild pretty much does nothing together, despite having 50-100 people on at all times (so hard to find a good guild). I have only been doing normals since my ilvl is under 810. I feel like I might not even want to do random heroics, because I get a lot of close calls on normal. I cant take advantage of celestial fortune if the healer is not trying very hard or is healing the dps that stand in everything. I guess what im saying is that I think I picked the wrong tank to be doing dungeon finder exclusively =( im a sad Pandaren.
    I'll be in a similar boat to you. Just hit 110 tonight, planning to start Suramar/world quests, finish up my order hall stuff (stupid get 100 bandages/fish/cooking stuff quest held me up there), and do some PuGs. Hoping that the pugs aren't as abysmal as I'm used to. Finding a good guild - or any guild at all - that raids/does dungeons at the times I'm looking for, is a pain in the arse. Stupid work.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Ghier View Post
    I felt a similar way when I started playing BM this expansion but now I love it and wouldn't play anything else. The best advice I could give is learn to play around OB (Obstinate Determination) rather than panicking whenever you are not full HP. Its a big change from how we've played in previous expansions and I doubt its how blizz intended it to work but its so much fun when you pull it off. I solo'd around 25% of Helya (last boss in Maw of Souls) Mythic earlier with my BM off-spec... screenshot

p.s. Tip for dungeons - mass pull into a corner, Goto will proc on you constantly.

EDIT: I should probably add that overall I don't feel BM is in the best spot (after playing War & DH in beta) and I can see OD being nerfed in the near future. If they do nerf OD with a CD I hope to god they bring back guard (just make it stagger 100% of X damage rather than absorb) or another 'use' ability...playing with just ISB would be painfully boring imo.
    Last edited by mmocd4be76bc04; 2016-09-04 at 10:02 PM.