Page 7 of 20 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Winter Blossom View Post
    I'm reading the WoW forums about this, and many are saying the guards are working fine for them. There's just complaints about having to pay them.
    It is a known issue and there has been a blue post about it.

http://blue.mmo-champion.com/topic/7...erbelly-issue/

The outcome of this is pretty much what I am waiting on personally. I have alts in the meantime

Gating PvE content behind PvP on PvE servers was a blunder that I've difficulty understanding.

There are as many threads on the WoW forums about this as there were about flying in WoD.

This is the same dev team that brought us WoD and they are supposedly going to be giving Legion content for the next two years?
    I find this very discouraging.
    No wonder that they are no longer publishing subscription numbers.

They have to be bracing for some huge losses at the end of the year.

Deleted
    I'm not sure if it's the guards actually being bugged, or just that so many players don't realize how they work.
    But that's exactly why it is bugged and why Blizzard is checking what is happening, the spawns shouldn't kill the guards.

Even so, it's a completely moot issue. The guards defeats the reason of the profession quests being there in the first place. It's a clunky system that helps nothing.
    Last edited by mmoc516e31a976; 2016-09-04 at 04:01 PM.

Deleted
    I haven't found info on whether or not that's intended. Do you have something?
    http://blue.mmo-champion.com/topic/7...erbelly-issue/

It's kinda obvious, a bodyguard is a 5 mins protection from PvP. If he is engaged by a PvE mob and letting the player unprotected from PvP, what's the point of being there?
    Last edited by mmoc516e31a976; 2016-09-04 at 04:13 PM.

I'll be honest, if the guards mechanic consistently worked well in that it keeps a PvE player unflagged for the duration that the player is there, I would be annoyed. But I might not complain too much about it. However, on a PvE server the very mechanic would be superfluous and wouldn't make sense to pay 5g just to keep the unflagged default setting.

Deleted
    At least you have the option to bribe a guard,
    What's frustrating me, is in stormheim, doing the brann archaeology quest, and all three dig sites are on top of world pvp quests, which flags you when you enter and stay.

Quote Originally Posted by shaunika123 View Post
    you can hire a guard for you for 5 gold
    You should be required to pay the guards 5 gold to look away, as in PVP should require an opt in not an opt out
    iMac
    2012-03-05 : The day SWTOR jumped the shark
    Mages are basically "warlocks for girls" - Kerrath

Not sure whats worse, being forced to pvp on a pve server or pvp'ers that think pvp makes you some sort of upper class pussy slaying elitist.......

.....ill go with the latter, them plebs are alot worse.

haha idk what is worse, seeing the amount of max level Edgelord hunters auto attack down lowbies or that the eyes don't work like the invasions currency. So instead of auto-looting per kill, you have to fish for the body underneath a army of tauren, orcs, pandas and draeneis.

Quote Originally Posted by BatteredSausage View Post
    Not sure whats worse, being forced to pvp on a pve server or pvp'ers that think pvp makes you some sort of upper class pussy slaying elitist.......

.....ill go with the latter, them plebs are alot worse.
    ya...Those on PvE servers couldn't likely handle the challenges that real PvPers could dole out on PvP servers.

Same can be said for those that never pve at all.....

What was that point you was making again?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by BatteredSausage View Post
    Same can be said for those that never pve at all.....
    No, it can't. The game isn't split half PVE, half PVP. It's a PVE game with PVP options no matter how you look at it. PVP'ers accept that despite the moves Blizzard has made to distance the two allowing the PVP'ers do little but, that the game is PVE at it's core. If PVP'ers want a totally PVP experience I would support that despite not being interested in PVP'ing, but that is for another thread/complaint entirely.

This thread is regarding the PVE'ers in their PVE game being forced to PVP just because they put a quest mob 30 metres in the wrong direction. That is the point we are making.

Quote Originally Posted by tenaka30 View Post
    Right now that does very little as people have reported your body guard isn't that effective and will disapppear the moment someone bribes the guards to turn a blind eye. I believe there is a blue post saying they are looking into it.

That said, with regards to effectiveness in PVE the game can force your attacker to face the guard but in PVP there is nothing to stop your attacker incapacitating the guard and still killing you rendering the guard mechanic pointless.
    These systems can be iterated on and these problems can be solved, but not with posts dismissing the system because it's 'forced PVP'.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Caaethil View Post
    These systems can be iterated on and these problems can be solved, but not with posts dismissing the system because it's 'forced PVP'.
    It is what it is. The debate will go nowhere if the best response you have is taking offence at the words used.

Elemental Lord
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by shaunika123 View Post
    you can hire a guard for you for 5 gold
    You shouldn't have to, it should be 5g to hire a guard on a PVP server, 5g to bribe the guards to ignore you on a PVP server.

Forced world PVP is something people play on PVE servers to avoid >.<

I play WOW for PvP, but FUCK this kind of PvP.
    Last edited by Schmilblick; 2016-09-04 at 07:25 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Queendom View Post
    So if they actually fix the guard then you stop to whine?
    Fuck off. I'm tired of you arrogant little children trying to act tough. When we talk about ganking on faction imbalanced PVP servers you all pop up with "PVP on a PVP server!!!" Well, I play on a PVE server. I don't want unplanned, forced PVP. You want me to respect your server play style preferences? Respect mine.
    Last edited by clevin; 2016-09-04 at 07:35 PM.

I've played exclusively on PvE servers and I love the change of pace when I go down in there. The sewers, coupled with the occasional PvP world quests, are actually making me more interested in PvP then before, and I'm sure I'm not the only one experiencing this phenomenon.

Quote Originally Posted by Schmilblick View Post
    I play WOW for PvP, but FUCK this kind of PvP.
    This is what WoW PVP is though. Holinka's interpretation of PVP is clusterfluck gankfest bottlenecks. He literally has no other ideas. Rather than come up with a new terrible map for it like trashran, under the lazy legion development philosophy he took a look at the underbelly and thought, "hey that'll do for a clusterfluck gankfest bottleneck!"

Also, blizzard would prefer you PVP in overwatch.

10+ Year Old Account
    It's going to be a really annoying grind for that rat...I didn't know about the guards though, I'll give it a shot.
    ⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥ "In short, people are idiots who don't really understand anything." ⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥
    [/url]
    ⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥ ⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥