I love it, more rewards for walking. Let's hope they work on the game's precision for walking distances.

And also find a way to fuck over drivers because fuck them.
    If you are particularly bold, you could use a Shiny Ditto. Do keep in mind though, this will infuriate your opponents due to Ditto's beauty. Please do not use Shiny Ditto. You have been warned.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by LilSaihah View Post
    I love it, more rewards for walking. Let's hope they work on the game's precision for walking distances.

Seriously. I thought I would do well with this game because I don't drive, and walk everywhere. NOPE. FUCK YOU PEDESTRIANS. This game rewards drivers who have spare time to drive thirty miles to a big park.

Quote Originally Posted by Pendulous View Post
    Seriously. I thought I would do well with this game because I don't drive, and walk everywhere. NOPE. FUCK YOU PEDESTRIANS. This game rewards drivers who have spare time to drive thirty miles to a big park.
    I don't know how to drive either. I walk or take public transport everywhere. I feel the game rewards pedestrians more so than drivers.

Quote Originally Posted by Fencers View Post
    I don't know how to drive either. I walk or take public transport everywhere. I feel the game rewards pedestrians more so than drivers.
    Depends on where you live. It's boring to always talk about the game fucking over rural or suburban players, but the game fucks over rural and suburban players.
    If you are particularly bold, you could use a Shiny Ditto. Do keep in mind though, this will infuriate your opponents due to Ditto's beauty. Please do not use Shiny Ditto. You have been warned.

Deleted

Not sure how many candy you get from 2km, but it seems to be 2km per whatever you get. Hoping its a few.

Quote Originally Posted by Myobi View Post
    Sure, but you are not really being rewarded for walking, you are getting rewarded for living in a city ._.
    Than it the game is similarity not rewarding drivers- it's rewarding those willing to travel further. The problem isn't being a pedestrian, it's living in the sticks.

Than it the game is similarity not rewarding drivers- it's rewarding those willing to travel further. The problem isn't being a pedestrian, it's living in the sticks.
    You need a car to go to the locations where everyone's walking by foot basically.

But yeah, drivers already get little to nothing while actually driving.

Depending on how much candy is gained for reaching the Km goal and whether that goal is static- 1Km for Clafairy candy is OP as hell depending on location.

Deleted
    Depending on how much candy is gained for reaching the Km goal and whether that goal is static- 1Km for Clafairy candy is OP as hell depending on location.
    This could be said for any pokemon. Never seen a clafairy spawn in my town but a few towns over they spawn constantly. I see magikarps like mad here but never seen them in the town that spawns clafairies, it all balances out. Only thing I do not agree on is eevee been 3, they are literally everywhere, anywhere you go.

I hope they find a way to fuck over people who live in such high concentrated areas that they don't need to drive. You see how that goes?

People who drive already gey no distance to their eggs and miss most spawns due to 10 second pings. What the hell more do you want?

So you're basically telling those who live in a rural area to go fuck themselves. Why should I be surprised, shitting on those that live outside a city is typical city attitude anyway.

what the actual fuck?
    I wasn't addressing you, and I have a right to be annoyed that people feel they need to bash people who need to use a car due to the game not favoring their location. We can't sit in central park and win, we have to go long, unreasonable distances. We need to drive. What's hard to understand about that? Niantic doesn't seem to give a shit about us, and when we find a way to make the game playable, we're not supposed to do that. What the actual fuck indeed.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Seegtease View Post
    I wasn't addressing you, and I have a right to be annoyed that people feel they need to bash people who need to use a car due to the game not favoring their location. We can't sit in central park and win, we have to go long, unreasonable distances. We need to drive. What's hard to understand about that? Niantic doesn't seem to give a shit about us, and when we find a way to make the game playable, we're not supposed to do that. What the actual fuck indeed.
    I really don't see the problem with it, the game is about going out and exploring, not walking around the same few points like people in central park do. The game isn't a race, you wanna collect all 142 and be bored of it? There is a long time until gen 2 is released so stop moaning about been a "suburban" player and just enjoy the days out.

Quote Originally Posted by Moosie View Post
    I really don't see the problem with it, the game is about going out and exploring, not walking around the same few points like people in central park do. The game isn't a race, you wanna collect all 142 and be bored of it? There is a long time until gen 2 is released so stop moaning about been a "suburban" player and just enjoy the days out.
    I'm not worried about that. Even with driving around, at the current declining rate of which I find new pokemon, I will not have them all before Gen 2 anyway. There's not much else for me to explore. I've explored every single area of my town on foot, and I know where every single stop and gym are. There's not much else I can do without driving.

- - - Updated - - -

Did you consider the chance that he wasn’t “bashing” anyone or even talking about people who need to use a car to get into places with Pokéstops/Gyms/Spawns such as us who live in rural zones?

Sounds to me that he was talking about the people who uses methods similar to the “poke taxis” services, people who drive slowly around places, farming a large amount of gyms & pokéstops, while catching some mons and even accumulating a nice amount of Kms on their eggs… and this actually happens more often in cities.

Just saying! Feel free to go crazy about it anyway!
    "Fuck them" really has no other, more kind and polite interpretation.

They already nerfed speed so much that joggers and bikers can't log distance on eggs. I find it hard to believe that anyone is able to drive slow enough to log anything.

Besides, why does it matter to anyone else if someone drives to pokestops? Or even gyms for that matter. Everything is so spread out here, I've never seen anybody standing outside taking a gym. I've only seen cars. It's a normal thing where I live.

And what exactly should be done about it? How should Niantic "deal with" the terrible drivers ruining the game for everybody?

Deleted
    I'm not worried about that. Even with driving around, at the current declining rate of which I find new pokemon, I will not have them all before Gen 2 anyway. There's not much else for me to explore. I've explored every single area of my town on foot, and I know where every single stop and gym are. There's not much else I can do without driving.
    So you stay in 1 town/city? Thats why you feel this way. I had caught pretty much everything my city had to offer within the first week of game-play, I now take trips out of town with friends once every couple of weeks, mostly seaside towns that spawn a vastly different set of pokemon, it's fun. That is what the game is about, it takes us hours to get there but we never once moaned about it, it's a day out, some people may think its sad we take a train that takes 1:30 to go catch some pokemon but for us, it's fun.

Not sure how many candy you get from 2km, but it seems to be 2km per whatever you get. Hoping its a few.
    inb4 1 candy per 2 km

ok guys i got back from my 10k i am ready to eat some gen-yoo-ine popping corn while responding to the biggest baby of the century

I hope they find a way to fuck over people who live in such high concentrated areas that they don't need to drive. You see how that goes?
    sure, wouldn't affect me, i live rural
    swing and a miss
    when you enter an ineffectual babyrage, you might miss details like people previously posting that they live rural!

People who drive already gey no distance to their eggs and miss most spawns due to 10 second pings. What the hell more do you want?
    public executions
    i mean lol though you're watching your phone while operating your vehicle? go fuck yourself.

So you're basically telling those who live in a rural area to go fuck themselves. Why should I be surprised, shitting on those that live outside a city is typical city attitude anyway.
    psssst
    i don't live in a city
    why you would make that presumption is beyond me, other than babyrage

yes, you do have a right to be a big fat baby having a big wah-wah on the internet

"Fuck them" really has no other, more kind and polite interpretation.
    it does, you're just after a reason to have a big sook

They already nerfed speed so much that joggers and bikers can't log distance on eggs.
    it's almost like i said i hoped they worked on precision for walking distances
    is it beyond the bounds of imagination that joggers and bikers are included? ARE JOGGERS AND BIKERS ON THE BOARD
    THEY AAAAARE

Besides, why does it matter to anyone else if someone drives to pokestops? Or even gyms for that matter. Everything is so spread out here, I've never seen anybody standing outside taking a gym. I've only seen cars. It's a normal thing where I live.
    because, trigger warning, this information may damage delicate baby brains
    not everyone lives where you live

And what exactly should be done about it? How should Niantic "deal with" the terrible drivers ruining the game for everybody?
    i don't think niantic should do anything about it
    i think local law enforcement should put more energy into apprehending individuals who are operating their phones and their motor vehicles simultaneously, and state laws should be amended to include harsher punishments.

So you stay in 1 town/city? Thats why you feel this way. I had caught pretty much everything my city had to offer within the first week of game-play, I now take trips out of town with friends once every couple of weeks, mostly seaside towns that spawn a vastly different set of pokemon, it's fun. That is what the game is about, it takes us hours to get there but we never once moaned about it, it's a day out, some people may think its sad we take a train that takes 1:30 to go catch some pokemon but for us, it's fun.
    No, I don't. But I drive when going elsewhere. Which I guess makes me terrible by some standards.

- - - Updated - - -

i don't think niantic should do anything about it
    i think local law enforcement should put more energy into apprehending individuals who are operating their phones and their motor vehicles simultaneously, and state laws should be amended to include harsher punishments.
    Yes, they should, which is why I drive with a second player. You do realize a lot of people in cars actually have the passenger hold two phones, right?

And actually, they already do crack down where I live. We have midnight patrols and it's obvious they aren't speed traps.

frankly i'm surprised that's the only part of the post that you found questionable

Yes, they should, which is why I drive with a second player. You do realize a lot of people in cars actually have the passenger hold two phones, right?

And actually, they already do crack down where I live. We have midnight patrols and it's obvious they aren't speed traps.
    i know that people do that, i've done that occasionally with a friend of mine, but i don't make a habit of it

that the police are still using this strategy implies that they are meeting some measure of success, and that there are plenty of dumbfucks who play pokemon while driving- and at midnight? jfc sounds like your town's more populated than mine, i'm the only person who operates at night in my town.

10+ Year Old Account
    No, I don't. But I drive when going elsewhere. Which I guess makes me terrible by some standards.
    As long as you don't play while driving, it is perfectly fine.

Playing the game while driving, I hope you lose your license.

You should driving to where you need to be, then park the car up, walk and explore.

- - - Updated - - -

I live in a small town, there are enough PokeStop and such, more than I have explored, but when comes to Pokemon varieties, nowhere need having the full set.

Where I work is much worse, there is 1 PokeStop and 1 Gym on route to town, hardly worth the effort.

But I take the train to London every weekend, me and my GF just find new walking route everytime and do "Pokemon dates", managed to find so much this way.

If you live in a small town like me, try take the train to a city in weekend or something. It seems a lot of effort, but it's fun.

So anyway is this buddy system live in some regions already?
    Quote Originally Posted by Shalcker View Post
    Posting here is primarily a way to strengthen your own viewpoint against common counter-arguments.