Page 1 of 2
LastLast

The man who shot me now works for the CIA

http://www.thetimes.co.uk/article/th...-cia-zsfpfrp9p

Article behind The Times paywall.

It was with some surprise watching a video of a victorious band of western-backed rebels that I noticed the face of America’s newest ally in the war against Isis in Syria.
    It was the face of a man I last saw in May 2014 when he leant forward to shoot me twice in the left ankle at almost point-blank range while my hands were tied. It was punishment for having attempted to escape his gang of kidnappers in northern Syria who had hoped to sell me on.
    He shot me in the middle of a crowd of onlookers, after a savage preliminary beating, denouncing me as “a CIA spy”. Now, it seems, he works with them.

The grainy footage of the video - posted last month on Facebook - showed Hakim Abu Jamal waving his Kalashnikov in the air to proclaim a small victory, courtesy of US air power, on a dusty street in the border town of al-Rai.

I remember him well from across the years. Now, Hakim, forage cap on his head, was standing in the middle of a group of ten other Syrian rebel fighters all belonging to a CIA-vetted group.

The group was backed by Turkish artillery and US airstrikes to oust Isis fighters from a key stretch of road before the capture of the town of Jarabulus last month. Hakim Abu Jamal, who also goes by the names Abdel Hakim al-Yaseen and Hakim Anza, was among the hundreds of other Syrian rebels who crossed from Turkey into Syria two weeks ago to purge ISIS.

And it seems that U.S. authorities aren't eager to respond to questions about their newly-minted "moderate" rebels:

Last month, however, video surfaced of Hakim Anza proving that he was not only free, but was also serving in a CIA-vetted Syrian rebel group, First Regiment (al-Fawj al-Awwal), which was receiving US weaponry, including Tow missiles, as well as air strikes in support of their operations. In between times he appears to be based in southern Turkey, where he takes orders from the Hawar Kilis Operations room.
    Four US hostages were murdered in Syria in 2014. Two British hostages were also beheaded there. The memories of Britain and America must be short, for on Friday sources in the Free Syrian Army and US confirmed Hakim Anza’s membership of the CIA-backed group, in which he is sub-commander.

Centcom, the US Central Command, did not respond to Times requests over three days this week to explain how such a well-known hostage taker with family connections to extremists could have passed US vetting procedures.

However, a Pentagon official, who preferred not to be named, described repeated US air support for a recent mission conducted by vetted Syrian rebel groups, where Hakim Anza was filmed with his men on August 17. He has apparently transformed effortlessly from criminal pariah to a worthy foot soldier allied to Operation Inherent Resolve, the 60-nation coalition, motto “One Mission, Many Nations”, in the Middle East to fight ISIS.

Remarkably, the New York Times reported four years ago from Hakim's camp, including engaging in war crimes, namely, sending a Syrian regime prisoner to a Syrian Army checkpoint under the ruse of a prisoner exchange, but wiring the vehicle to remotely explode once it arrived at the checkpoint. In a video accompanying the NYT article, Hakim appears dejected when informed the bomb did not detonate.

This is hardly the first time that U.S.-backed "rebels" have been responsible for kidnapping Western journalists.

As I reported here at PJ Media more than a year ago, several U.S. reporters taken captive by U.S.-backed "moderate" rebel groups have ended up in the hands of Al-Qaeda, and even ISIS.

That would include American journalist James Foley, beheaded by the Islamic State in its first such grisly video, who reportedly came into ISIS custody when the Free Syrian Army (FSA)-aligned Dawud Brigade that kidnapped and held Foley pledged allegiance to ISIS and delivered him to ISIS as a token of their submission.

In October 2014, American journalist Theo Padnos — who was captured by the U.S.-backed FSA and then given over to Jabhat al-Nusra — told the story of his two-year captivity in the New York Times Magazine.

At one point, Padnos says he escaped from his Al-Qaeda captors and found himself back in the hands of the FSA, who then, again, promptly turned him back over to the terror group.

An NBC News crew taken captive in Syria in December 2012, and who later repeatedly claimed they had been held by an Assad regime militia, later admitted – following a New York Times investigation – that they were in fact held by an FSA criminal network.

Also, there is evidence that NBC News executives knew from the time of the crew’s capture that they were held by U.S. allies, but allowed the blame to fall on Assad since that didn’t conflict with the Obama administration’s position at the time.
    At what point do Americans become complicit in the crimes that their vetted allies commit? I think that that line was cross back in 2012.

10+ Year Old Account
    In 2012? Honey we've been backing rebels since the 50's. That "line" can't even be seen in the rear-view mirror.
    Human progress isn't measured by industry. It's measured by the value you place on a life.

Just, be kind.

Quote Originally Posted by Cybran View Post

At what point do Americans become complicit in the crimes that their vetted allies commit? I think that that line was cross back in 2012.
    Are you responsible for the "actions" of your friends? If your best friend in the world (someone you hang out with everyday) went out and shot someone, how responsible are you? I would say each is responsible for their own actions.

That being said, most Americans don't agree with backing these "rebels" or these "groups" or these "wars" in general. It all stems from our "government," which most of us don't support either. Just look at the turnout for the "elections." I believe that 80-100 million voted last time. That is out of over 375 million......

Quote Originally Posted by Alydael View Post
    Are you responsible for the "actions" of your friends? If your best friend in the world (someone you hang out with everyday) went out and shot someone, how responsible are you? I would say each is responsible for their own actions.
    Well apparently you can be done for murder for lending your friends you car :O

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ryan_Holle

Now if you are country and you arm ISIS, no one is responsible!
    The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, but wiser people so full of doubts.

Quote Originally Posted by Afrospinach View Post

It say's right in the link it wasn't just because he loaned his friend his car but because he knew what his friend was planning and loaned him his car anyway making him an accessory.

Quote Originally Posted by Afrospinach View Post

Well according to Hillary and Obama (the one's who basically created ISIS with their short sighted policies) no one is responsible. However, most of us (excluding the Dem die hards that would basically support anything a Dem did- even mass murder) consider them directly responsible and want them charged.

CIA is a spy agency dude, like the one Putin used to work for, what do you expect?

"This will be a fight against overwhelming odds from which survival cannot be expected. We will do what damage we can."

-- Capt. Copeland

Quote Originally Posted by smrund View Post
    In 2012? Honey we've been backing rebels since the 50's. That "line" can't even be seen in the rear-view mirror.
    http://www.nytimes.com/2012/08/21/wo...orce.html?_r=0

Abdul Hakim Yasin, the commander of a Syrian antigovernment fighting group, lurched his pickup truck to a stop inside the captured residential compound he uses as his guerrilla base.

His fighters had been waiting for orders for a predawn attack on an army checkpoint at the entrance to Aleppo, Syria’s largest city. The men had been issued ammunition and had said their prayers. Their truck bomb was almost prepared.

Now the commander had a surprise. Minutes earlier, his father, who had been arrested by the army at the same checkpoint in July, had called to say his jailers had released him. He needed a ride out of Aleppo, fast.

“God is great!” the men shouted. They climbed onto trucks, loaded weapons and accelerated away, barreling through darkness on nearly deserted roads toward a city under siege, to reclaim one of their own.

Mr. Yasin was pensive as he drove, worried that the call was a ploy to lure him and his fighters into a trap. “Often the government does this,” he said. “Usually it is an ambush.”

He had sent an empty freight truck ahead, he said, to check the way. But he never slowed down.

During five days last week, Mr. Yasin and his group, the Lions of Tawhid, allowed two journalists from The New York Times to live and travel beside them as they fought their part in the war to unseat President Bashar al-Assad.
    I chose 2012 because this is the year when the Propagandists from the New York Times first spend time with this ISIS cunt.

How much would you wager that the CIA arranged this interview?

Not to ruin your post, but... if it's behind a paywall, are you sure you're allowed to just copy and paste the entire article?
    Users with <20 posts and ignored shitposters are automatically invisible. Find out how to do that here and help clean up MMO-OT!
    PSA: Being a volunteer is no excuse to make a shite job of it.

15+ Year Old Account
    Depends on how much you know about this. The range is from innocent to accomplice. It´s not a simple yes/no question.

That being said, most Americans don't agree with backing these "rebels" or these "groups" or these "wars" in general. It all stems from our "government," which most of us don't support either. Just look at the turnout for the "elections." I believe that 80-100 million voted last time. That is out of over 375 million......
    You don´t have 375 mio eligible voters. Heck you don´t even have 375 mio citizens.
    Quote Originally Posted by ash
    So, look um, I'm not a grief counselor, but if it's any consolation, I have had to kill and bury loved ones before. A bunch of times actually.
    Quote Originally Posted by PC2 View Post
    I never said I was knowledge-able and I wouldn't even care if I was the least knowledge-able person and the biggest dumb-ass out of all 7.8 billion people on the planet.

When the Iranian nuclear bomb America enabled to be built (not to mention helped pay for) goes off America will pay.

In economic ruin? Absolutely.
    In blood? Depends on who Iran nukes.
    MAGA
    When all you do is WIN WIN WIN

http://www.nytimes.com/2012/08/21/wo...orce.html?_r=0

I chose 2012 because this is the year when the Propagandists from the New York Times first spend time with this ISIS cunt.
    Okay, but the US and CIA have been doing things like this for decades. Just recently, there's a place known as Afghanistan, which since the 1980's was a proxy war between the US and Soviet Union. Oh, and that Iran/Iraq war. Oh, and that thing in Vietnam. Oh, and that thing in Korea. Oh, and all sorts of messes in Central and South America.

This is nothing new.

Let's all ride the Gish gallop.

Deleted
    "moderate" rebels in Syria. Yeah sure and virgin Victoria Secret's models right? Still amazed on how deluded and schizophrenic western mainstream media is. Just like when it comes to the "syrian" refugees in Europe, who are from all over the world except Syria and barely any kids yet they show same stock footage of poor syrian kids making their way.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Zombergy View Post
    When the Iranian nuclear bomb America enabled to be built (not to mention helped pay for) goes off America will pay.

In economic ruin? Absolutely.
    Shame of the century. Encouraging any islamist country to arm themself with nuclear weapon is a bad move and will only trigger a wold war down the line. And with today's politicians I would suspect even if Iran nukes a country they will still somehow defend it because <islam is the religion of peace>.

Deleted
    Wait, WTF ? - This makes less than zero sense.
    They are less likely to nuke anyone than Israel.

Elemental Lord
    15+ Year Old Account
    There's no evidence Iran has any interest in building a nuclear bomb (aside from some drawing by the president of Israel).

Deleted

CIA is the world's #1 terrorist organization so they ofc have no moral compass.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by caervek View Post
    There's no evidence Iran has any interest in building a nuclear bomb (aside from some drawing by the president of Israel).
    Iran was a democracy but then CIA destroyed it...

7+ Year Old Account
    Yesterdays enemy can easily becomes todays friend. The world is constantly changing and somebody you have to support bad people to combat very bad people. I am not in any way saying that this is okay, i am in general against supporting rebel groups, but the US goverment will proberly say, that it is either supporting these people or let ISIS win.
    May the lore be great and the stories interesting. A game without a story, is a game without a soul. Value the lore and it will reward you with fun!

Don't let yourself be satisfied with what you expect and what you seem as obvious. Ask for something good, surprising and better. Your own standards ends up being other peoples standard.

Elemental Lord
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Warhoof View Post
    Iran was a democracy but then CIA destroyed it...
    The thing I find really funny is that after 30 years of being brutalised by the CIA's puppet dictator the people of Iran then rose up and overthrew him, at which point the CIA having learnt nothing immediately began an operation to overthrow the new Iranian government. And to add absurdity to absurdity when the Iranians stormed the embassy the CIA were running the operation out of and arrested the perpetrators the US media went into a big "ermagerd the Arabs have taken innocent hostages! it's at attack on democracy!" frenzy lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Flurryfang View Post
    Yesterdays enemy can easily becomes todays friend.

I am glad Reagan got to live long enough to see his friends attack New York and the final flight of Columbia.

7+ Year Old Account

I am glad Reagan got to live long enough to see his friends attack New York and the final flight of Columbia.
    And ofcourse it can also be the way around, friends becoming enemies. But to be honest, there is a much higher rate of enemies becoming friends then friends becoming enemies throughout history.
    May the lore be great and the stories interesting. A game without a story, is a game without a soul. Value the lore and it will reward you with fun!

Don't let yourself be satisfied with what you expect and what you seem as obvious. Ask for something good, surprising and better. Your own standards ends up being other peoples standard.