Quote Originally Posted by Artorius View Post
    Sometimes the difference is too brutal.
    The last Android version released from Samsung to the S3 was 4.3.
    Watch them only release 7.0 to the S8

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Butler Log View Post
    Watch them only release 7.0 to the S8
    I'm pretty sure S7 and the Note 7 will get it, S6 and Note 5 likely will too.

Quote Originally Posted by Drunkenvalley View Post
    Speaking of ads, now sites like licd.com and lfgcomic.com (although they're owned by the same guys, so go figure) have anti-adblock spam. That's great guys, that's really how you convert ad-blocking users.

I mean, I know why we need ads on the internet. But I don't trust a single goddamn site nowadays. I've given them all chances left and right for years, and not once have they in the long-term done anything but betray that trust. Disruptive ads, or malicious ads, and so on. How pretentious do these fuckwits have to be to host these sites and demand we see ads, but hold so little interest in vetting the ads?
    That's why I use NoScript (desktop) or just straight up disable Javascript (on my phone). Their options without scripts is severely limited. (Just checked their site on both, and no ads.) Having to fiddle with (temporary) white lists to get sites to work is a bit of a hassle, but the security is very reassuring. It also really opened my eyes to how prolific cross site scripting really is, and it scares me.

Despite my work computers having all sorts of enterprise anti-viruses and crap on them, I'd much prefer it if I was simply allowed to install NoScript. There'd be less CPU overhead, too! Alas...

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Remilia View Post
    Heh, I remember that.

Nougat is pretty neat, got it on my Nexus 6P. I'm not overly excited for any of the features, but it's a nice update I guess. Having 2 apps split on the screen is pretty cool and it works well, but I don't think I'll ever use it. The new notification tray is also nice, although again nothing crazy. I think what gets me excited the most about new updates is wallpapers since I only use default, I like the new ones lol.

Also, I'm looking to buy new IEMs. I've always used the cheapest IEMs like apple earbuds, but I want something nice this time for gym/transport. Don't want to spend too much though. The Shure SE215 look awesome and fit my budget, but a lot of people say can't stand the sound signature. If I end up getting them I hope I'm not disappointed with their sound. I guess the downside of buying nice headphones (recently got dt880 600ohm) is that when you downgrade to cheaper headphones they sound like shit. Still, trying out a new sound signature will be fun, I've always owned "neutral" headphones (HD555->HD558->DT880)

The Unstoppable Force DeltrusDisc's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Oh man. It FINALLY happened!

Canon announced the new 5D full frame DSLR!!!

The Mark IV!

GET HYPED.

Why shouldn't I get one? WHY SHOULDN'T I? I ASK YOU ALL!

"A flower.
    Yes. Upon your return, I will gift you a beautiful flower."

"Remember. Remember... that we once lived..."

Quote Originally Posted by mmocd061d7bab8 View Post
    yeh but lava is just very hot water

10+ Year Old Account
    < Always had multi-window support since Ice cream sandwich. But it's a good thing that Google merged it into upstream.

10+ Year Old Account
    The multi-window is weird. I don't want a phone screen bigger than 5", so then multi-window is tiny, and I don't use tablets as I find it an odd limitation between laptop and phone (thus why I have a laptop and a phone). That said, good for whomever really uses it.

Speaking of phones, Nvidia's announced Tegra X2 looks like a power consumption disaster =\
    While we don't know how the new Denver 2 cores would perform, it's still wasting energy on ISA translation and we do know how power hungry A57 is... and 4x of em is like, why...

10+ Year Old Account
    The multi-window is weird. I don't want a phone screen bigger than 5", so then multi-window is tiny, and I don't use tablets as I find it an odd limitation between laptop and phone (thus why I have a laptop and a phone). That said, good for whomever really uses it.

Speaking of phones, Nvidia's announced Tegra X2 looks like a power consumption disaster =\
    While we don't know how the new Denver 2 cores would perform, it's still wasting energy on ISA translation and we do know how power hungry A57 is... and 4x of em is like, why...
    I have 2 tablets, an iPad and a Tab S2 =p.

The first one I use as a PDF reader in University and the other one I use for other stuff when I'm home and in my bed or in the restroom pooping. Tablets are the new restroom magazines!

And nobody should be using A57s by now. A73 is just better in every way possible.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by DeltrusDisc View Post
    I don't think I've posted this here, but whether I have or haven't... I'm posting it. It's so damned beautiful. And sounds incredible on my Presonus Eris E5s and KRK 10S speaker system! 8)

Sounds nice with my pair of headphones. I think it is best with classical music. Ill have to watch this when I have time.

Quote Originally Posted by Alindra View Post
    Damn...! That's impressive, although I'm not sure that I'd trust all my phones contents to an OS maintained by a 3rd party. It's probably fine, but man - a smart phone is just a treasure trove of information, even if you try to keep it to a minimum like me.
    Honestly? I would rather trust my phone in 3rd parties....Most 1st parties do not update their crap after they release it. Even if they say they will.
    Time...line? Time isn't made out of lines. It is made out of circles. That is why clocks are round. ~ Caboose

Quote Originally Posted by Artorius View Post
    < Always had multi-window support since Ice cream sandwich. But it's a good thing that Google merged it into upstream.
    Know what else had multi-window support? The much maligned Windows 8.

Of course, Microsoft made the huge mistake of trying to push Metro / Modern on PCs. (Still don't know what they were thinking on that front. /boggle)

I'm with you, @Remilia. I think that tablets are too close to mobile to be desirable, to me. I'm also not a fan of "mobile OSes" in general because of how locked down they are. It makes sense on phones, but still.

Quote Originally Posted by apepi View Post
    Honestly? I would rather trust my phone in 3rd parties....Most 1st parties do not update their crap after they release it. Even if they say they will.
    Well, true. That's the entire reason I picked up a Nexus instead of a phone from any other manufacturer. I don't want to wait for a middleman (company) to get updates.

The funny thing is, on my computers, I'm much less timely with updating.

10+ Year Old Account
    You know after reading some of those build quality blah blah blah of x y z brand thread.
    So my cousin works in manufacturing and knows of the horrors of working with Apple but aside from that, one thing that... really should be obvious but somehow isn't is that build quality and such actually will always goes down the longer the product is in production.
    He notes, you technically shouldn't be buying the first or second revision of a product cause the obvious of kinks need to be worked out, but don't buy the 5th, 6th, 7th etc revision either. You'd think that yield and quality would even out but tooling and production actually gets worse due to wear and tear and in essence the quality gets lower and lower. There's always a yield tolerance for these so they WILL get through the QA because it meets it within that tolerance, but in the end it still is worse quality even if it passes. In a sense when people say "They don't make it like it they used to", yeah it is very true but probably not in the sense most people think of.

10+ Year Old Account
    You know after reading some of those build quality blah blah blah of x y z brand thread.
    So my cousin works in manufacturing and knows of the horrors of working with Apple but aside from that, one thing that... really should be obvious but somehow isn't is that build quality and such actually will always goes down the longer the product is in production.
    He notes, you technically shouldn't be buying the first or second revision of a product cause the obvious of kinks need to be worked out, but don't buy the 5th, 6th, 7th etc revision either. You'd think that yield and quality would even out but tooling and production actually gets worse due to wear and tear and in essence the quality gets lower and lower. There's always a yield tolerance for these so they WILL get through the QA because it meets it within that tolerance, but in the end it still is worse quality even if it passes. In a sense when people say "They don't make it like it they used to", yeah it is very true but probably not in the sense most people think of.
    You're not talking about the Fractal Design Define R5 thread, are you? :P
    "A flower.

10+ Year Old Account
    You're not talking about the Fractal Design Define R5 thread, are you? :P
    Nope, some of the razer and peripheral.

Playing wow again.
    Carving into things in Highmountains with artifact weapons.
    Fun.
    &nbsp;

10+ Year Old Account
    Legion is fucking awesome.

That is all.
    "A flower.

10+ Year Old Account

That is all.
    Fuck me, the entire universe is trying to make me purchase Legion. Why is everyone talking so good about it, why!!!?!

10+ Year Old Account
    Blizzard pulled up their pants and realized they fucked up good and if they wanted to make more money again, they needed to do something extraordinary.

They did no less. I can only hope they can keep this up, but it's just incredibly well-done! They LEARNED from their mistakes in the last three expansions and put out something that I'm having more fun with than I think I ever had in TBC or WotLK. >_> (I started in TBC, didn't start in Vanilla, however earlier this year and summer I played a Vanilla server, completely Blizz-like, too.)

This might be the most fun I've ever had in this game.
    "A flower.

15+ Year Old Account

That is all.
    Kara trailer looked real nice. Almost wanted me to play again. Ill probably watch someone play it.
    Time...line? Time isn't made out of lines. It is made out of circles. That is why clocks are round. ~ Caboose

Come guys, join the legi--
    I mean, the fight AGAINST legion. Of course. *cough*

Naw, but it fun. Playing a pure dps class who can't respec tank or healer for the first time since tbc and first time since they introduced the lfd tool, not so much. 55minute queues on a quick day.
    &nbsp;