Page 10 of 48 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Djalil View Post
    That's what nationalism got them. Japan is an open market economy. It's an island sure. But it's an open market economy. Well entrenched in globalism.
    i'm fairly confident that it wasn't a restriction on trade outside of the japanese empire that got them nuked
    it was probably the whole "invaded and brutally occupied everything almost including straya"
    but we can keep mincing the meaning of nationalism as much as you like, is up to you
    If you are particularly bold, you could use a Shiny Ditto. Do keep in mind though, this will infuriate your opponents due to Ditto's beauty. Please do not use Shiny Ditto. You have been warned.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Ihnasir View Post
    Alt-right is just a fancy word for the idiots who think capitalism can be moral without proper regulations. Libertarian neckbeards.
    Who cares about "morality" though? Morality is highly subjective. People being able to make their own decisions, choosing their own morals and freedom is whats important.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Cherise View Post
    Well SJWs are usually .. detached from time. Its a common phenomenon how they bring up the bad stuff that sometimes happened centuries ago to support their claims. So to them, black slavery, the Roman Empire and the Mongol invasions are still happening right now.
    Lol I'm sjw now? Hold on I might just add it to my signature.
    Centuries ago?

As I said before. People like you seem to be proud of your ignorance. Flaunting it around as if it meant "look, I'm a real working man I have no time for books".

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Dracos854 View Post
    If all countries did that then we would all be like North Korea, economic migrants is the reason why most of the modern world has advanced to where it is. The tech, biomedical and healthcare industry to name a few heavily rely on highly skilled economic migrants.
    Nah, thats different.. accepting someone who clearly has something to offer VS a welfare hobo with 3rd world mentality.

Deleted
    Someone coming from a place where their life isnt in danger isnt a refugee but an economic migrant and should always be given the boot back to their home country. As for actual refugees.. well why not put them in isolated camps and let them wait out the danger in safety and only integrate the ones who are a benefit to the society?
    Do you know where they're from?
    Why on earth would we do that?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by LilSaihah View Post
    i'm fairly confident that it wasn't a restriction on trade outside of the japanese empire that got them nuked
    it was probably the whole "invaded and brutally occupied everything almost including straya"
    but we can keep mincing the meaning of nationalism as much as you like, is up to you
    Oh yeah. The restriction on trade kept them centuries behind though.

Quote Originally Posted by mvallas View Post
    Eggman, i can see why you might be called that, and it's right in here.

You write very VERY angrily. And when somebody sees a very VERY angry post attacking mythical "SJWs" and political correctness (and nithing else on other views for other subjects) it's easy to confuse you as being one. ;P

I'm not writing this to accuse you... im writhing this in hopes you see what a slight tweak in your writing about certain subjects can work wonders for your image :P
    "You write angrily."

Or maybe that's just your perception?

How is straight up disagreement "angry" writing? How is even pointedly-specific disagreement "angry" writing?

This is what I really can't stand, application of some kind of emotion to somebody's writing as if its making any kind of point. I wasn't angry when I wrote that, you decided to apply that to my comment. Probably because you disagree with me. It has almost nothing to do with anything I've actually said.

In short, this "criticism" is ridiculous.

Deleted
    Lol I'm sjw now? Hold on I might just add it to my signature.
    Centuries ago?

As I said before. People like you seem to be proud of your ignorance. Flaunting it around as if it meant "look, I'm a real working man I have no time for books".
    Im neither a man, nor.. working. I just believe in individual freedoms and the right of every person to decide for themselves and I oppose pretty much everyone whos trying to "sell" their ideology, morals or beliefs and force them on others.

Nah, thats different.. accepting someone who clearly has something to offer VS a welfare hobo with 3rd world mentality.
    A very large portion of the people living in the United States today are descendants from what you would call now welfare hobos from Europe and Asia. The long term benefits of immigration economically are well proven, unless you know of some way to magically increases birth rates on command.

Deleted
    Im neither a man, nor.. working. I just believe in individual freedoms and the right of every person to decide for themselves and I oppose pretty much everyone whos trying to "sell" their ideology, morals or beliefs and force them on others.
    On that we agree.

Quote Originally Posted by KrazyK923 View Post
    "You write angrily."

Or maybe that's just your perception?

How is straight up disagreement "angry" writing? How is even pointedly-specific disagreement "angry" writing?

This is what I really can't stand, application of some kind of emotion to somebody's writing as if its making any kind of point. I wasn't angry when I wrote that, you decided to apply that to my comment. Probably because you disagree with me. It has almost nothing to do with anything I've actually said.

In short, this "criticism" is ridiculous.
    Dude - I'm on your side here! Even what you're writing here is sounding rather agressive!

It's not about what you say it, because what you say in your brain doesn't mean it comes out that way in words - it's how it's being interpreted here is all I'm saying, and your choice of words and how you spell it out tends to be on the agressive side of things. :P

Quote Originally Posted by mvallas View Post
    Dude - I'm on your side here! Even what you're writing here is sounding rather agressive!

It's not about what you say it, it's how it's being interpreted here is all I'm saying. :P
    No, it's you deciding to apply an emotion to what I'm saying, and then just ignoring what I'm actually saying. In a weird way you're doing exactly what I was talking about in the original post you commented.

You've just barfed out a bunch of words that really don't mean anything in your effort to try and apply some kind of emotion to my posts.

Not sitting here going "Well in my opinion" or "Well I disagree and here's why" and just saying what your point is isn't aggressive or "angry." That's really the short of it. I have no further desire to discuss such a ridiculous notion with you.

Deleted
    Do you know where they're from?
    Why on earth would we do that?
    For practical reasons obviously.. although Id be willing to accept another approach if proven to be more beneficial to the country without compromising any of out freedoms.

Nationalism is.. practical. As in we do things that are good for us, preserve our culture, put our own people first, always. Things like that.
    That's like saying feminism is about equality: a pompous and vacuous explanation.
    It's also a host of other things. Like you demonstrate with remarks like "giving the parasites the boot".
    Your nation, likely, is composed of *many* people in a similar "parasitic" relationship with your state than any "outsider" would: leeches, lazy people, beggas, octomoms... you name it. These are all nasty epithets, of course, but it goes to show that "your own" can be as easily a "parasite".
    There's nothing inherently wrong with nationalism. But it's all too easy to show its bad aspects by quoting some vocal proponents.

Nationalism doesn't even need to put their own first. It can be welcoming of others, through the assimilation of the national ideas. And it should. Otherwise it rapidly stagnates.
    Preserving one's culture is a bit of a fools errand: they change and mold through the decades. And, in any case, if you're living in the west, your culture already has a component of acceptance of the outsider. How about we preserve that instead.

Deleted
    For practical reasons obviously.. although Id be willing to accept another approach if proven to be more beneficial to the country without compromising any of out freedoms.
    What we've been doing for the last 50 years is not good enough for you?
    Ah yeah hold on "europe is burning" as a result. Lol.

Quote Originally Posted by KrazyK923 View Post
    No, it's you deciding to apply an emotion to what I'm saying, and then just ignoring what I'm actually saying.
    Oh FFS... That's EXACTLY what I said others are doing! What you're writing and how it SOUNDS in your head is completely different to how it reads towards others. I know what you mean dude! OTHERS don't and it's because how you write!

FFS I'm HELPING you, sir! And you're doing the very same thing to me that others are doing to you! You're looking at how to hate me for what I wrote, rather than what I'm actually offering you to help you avoid the connotations you're getting!

Deleted
    What we've been doing for the last 50 years is not good enough for you?
    Ah yeah hold on "europe is burning" as a result. Lol.
    Well lets see.. In the EU, growing censorship, migrants enjoying special privileges and everyone who speaks against them labeled as racist by media. Increasing crime rates, rapes, Sharia courts sprouting up, terror attacks.

Yep, Id say its a problem. Truth cant be racist.. if something is clearly bad then forget the emotions and SJW garbage and plug the hole so to speak.

Deleted
    Well lets see.. In the EU, growing censorship, migrants enjoying special privileges and everyone who speaks against them labeled as racist by media. Increasing crime rates, rapes, Sharia courts sprouting up, terror attacks.

Yep, Id say its a problem. Truth cant be racist.. if something is clearly bad then forget the emotions and SJW garbage and plug the hole so to speak.
    Ahahah priceless.

People... I give you a perfect representation of the alt right.

Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    The "alt-right" is just how the white nationalists are self-describing these days, so they can avoid being called "neo-nazis" or the like. Even though that's basically what they are. Their core ideals include heavy doses of nationalism and white supremacist stuff, including overt anti-semitism. See the above video, where he delves straight into Holocaust denial.
    I reported you for bigotry due to blanket statements and blatant hyperbole. You also seem to be suffering from heavy confirmation bias, might wanna get that checked out.
    Last edited by hydrium; 2016-09-04 at 09:25 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    This is what I meant when I said that too much time spent on the Internet is bad.
    Quote Originally Posted by King Candy View Post
    I can't explain it because I'm an idiot, and I have to live with that post for the rest of my life. Better to just smile and back away slowly. Ignore it so that it can go away.
    Thanks for the avatar goes to Carbot Animations and Sy.

Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    "Racial realism" just boils down to "I'm openly racist and hateful but carefully cherry-pick facts and data to pretend it's not the irrational drivel that it so clearly is".

It's without any factual merit whatsoever, and involves deliberately and maliciously twisting existing data sets and flat-out ignoring others to manufacture its hateful principles.
    endus you are biased as always and I know full well that there is no amount of empirical,historical, or physcial evidence that would make you admit that racial egalitarianism is a steaming pill of horeshit.....which it is.
    so im not going to bother trying to convince you otherwise

Doctors don't have the luxury of ignoring race, if they do people will die.
    Genetics are real and don't stop where human beings begin.

the late professor harpending