Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Saravat View Post
    I'm usually pretty patient about changes and adjustments to classes. It's part of playing an MMO. But with Shadow I think I've finally hit a wall where I just feel like I can't enjoy it in its current state. I don't know what to do. An artifact respec would be over 6,000 AP right now and feels like such a waste, but I just don't want to play Shadow like this - I'd rather just go all-out Holy and either OS Shadow to wait for changes or OS Disc and say the heck with Shadow. Or focus on a different class. I know Ele Shaman players are frustrated too, but in my experience so far, Ele is more effective and satisfying to play than Shadow, and Resto is amazing - so either combination of MS/OS would be good.

It's pretty frustrating to be feeling like this so early in an expansion that I should be enjoying the heck out of - especially since the central problems with Shadow got consistent feedback throughout alpha and beta.
    As far as I know, even if you respecc Shadow for 6k AP, it will only allow you to respend the AP into the shadowartifact, not let you spend the Points in Holy/Disc.
    Last edited by Alexieel; 2016-09-04 at 02:38 PM.

I have at the moment 840 ilvl, doing all mythics dungeons and what I can say is the dmg is really fcking good, if you use your STM propelly u can top dps very easily. Problem is when u are against a boss with too many adds, our AOE DMG is actually the worst I ever see. IDK how good we could be in raid if the boss have like too many adds, probably going down till we STM destroy the boss on Execute mode.

7+ Year Old Account
    My aoe rotation is keep mb on cd, VT everything first then swp, Verup, shadow crash, tab vb cycle and mind sear as filler. Always top damage in dungeons.

I try and limit 1 void eruption/shadowcrash per trash pull and save some on insanity for the next pull but if i can pull off 2 shadow crashes (very rare) then i use it.

Void torrent I save for the trash that has 1 super mob or the last mob with halfway health.

Theres more things but this is basic. Hope it helps

I use Shadowy Insight for quicker insanity gain and lets me get into vf more often.

Quote Originally Posted by RsinRC View Post
    My aoe rotation is keep mb on cd, VT everything first then swp, Verup, shadow crash, tab vb cycle and mind sear as filler. Always top damage in dungeons.

I try and limit 1 void eruption/shadowcrash per trash pull and save some on insanity for the next pull but if i can pull off 2 shadow crashes (very rare) then i use it.

Void torrent I save for the trash that has 1 super mob or the last mob with halfway health.

I use Shadowy Insight for quicker insanity gain and lets me get into vf more often.
    Come on man, what are you talking about lol. Have you ran a dungeon with a demon hunter/marks hunter/enhance/rogue/ pretty much that anything that isnt a spriest? Overall damage in a dungeon i dont think anything comes in below a spriest, our aoe is truly that bad. My guess is you just havent ran into people that know how to press buttons in the right order.

Deleted

I can see this working if you're playing with two elemental shamans or something. All that ramp up is just too much whilst everybody else blasts 1M aoe dps out of their arses Even tanks burst harder.

Well, the day you stop running dungeons with dual ele shamans/afk people, you will have a very unpleasant surprise.
    No more time wasted in WoW.. still reading this awesome forum, though

Spriest aoe being shit isn't new. What was the last fight we had good aoe on? no lights? Spriest just not an aoe class. Tunnel bosses and multidot and be a wrecker.
    Hi Sephurik

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Volitar View Post
    Spriest aoe being shit isn't new. What was the last fight we had good aoe on? no lights? Spriest just not an aoe class. Tunnel bosses and multidot and be a wrecker.
    Exactly , let them have their ego boosts on pointless trash. The only thing that counts at the end of the day is how you did on bosses
    And that is something we will excel at

- - - Updated - - -

Personally never seen trash live that long , and I try to get into void constantly to keep gaining the haste buff...........

But your rotation will work I guess

Quote Originally Posted by Fengorn View Post
    Exactly , let them have their ego boosts on pointless trash. The only thing that counts at the end of the day is how you did on bosses

Yeah, trash in Mythic+ isn't "pointless", it's the vast majority of the dungeon. On a 35 minute timer you spend around 27 of that on trash packs.
    Last edited by PeopleReady; 2016-09-04 at 09:56 PM.

Can't wait till you realise that most raid bosses in legion are aoe fests as well. Oh, I know, you will boost your ego by your "priority damage" then.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by PeopleReady View Post
    Yeah, trash in Mythic+ isn't "pointless", it's the vast majority of the dungeon.
    I was referring to raid bosses. But by the time we get to mythic+ , DH , hunters etc will be better geared and still nuking trash in seconds.

I was referring to raid bosses. But by the time we get to mythic+ , DH , hunters etc will be better geared and still nuking trash in seconds.
    Pretty irrelevant comment then isn't it? The conversation isn't about raids, its about dungeons currently. And no, they won't be wrecking the trash in seconds because it scales up too.

7+ Year Old Account
    Gotta love when yu try and help out one gets hammered by haters lol.

If you dont time your setups and just press buttons to have hioe you do damage then thats on you.

Trash that has shit health dont bother dotting. Shadow crash and mind sear.

Always re-dot unless they're about to die. If so snipe with swd. Always prioritize higher health mobs for your dots and mind blast those who will go into swd range.

With proper planning you sill only get 2-3 trash pulls with shitty damage but the rest with massive damage.

Sent from my SM-G935P using Tapatalk

7+ Year Old Account
    My yalent build is

ToF, voidlord, shadowcrash and legacy.

If you dont time your setups and just press buttons to have hioe you do damage then thats on you.

Always re-dot unless they're about to die. If so snipe with swd. Always prioritize higher health mobs for your dots and mind blast those who will go into swd range.

With proper planning you sill only get 2-3 trash pulls with shitty damage but the rest with massive damage.

Calling you out on bullshit isn't hating. We know how to play the class. Just go tell your bullshit stories "I win in all dungeons" somewhere else because given the same skill and gear a shadow priest is bottom 10% for sure.

Edit: Log some dungeons with equally skilled and gear people - prove you aren't just a bs artist.
    Last edited by Deja Thoris; 2016-09-04 at 10:25 PM.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Deja Thoris View Post
    Calling you out on bullshit isn't hating. We know how to play the class. Just go tell your bullshit stories "I win in all dungeons" somewhere else because given the same skill and gear a shadow priest is bottom 10% for sure.
    ^ Definitely sounds like hating and not adding anything useful to me.

So far im having success and i consider my dots a full part of my aoe rotation and use it as such. If you dont have lingering insanity, youre fucked. The key is to maintain it at 100% between vfs

Have you ran with a good demon hunter? They are easily triple our DPS on most pulls. Last run most packs our DH was hitting 700k dps, some over a million. Your massive damage comment needs context...

^ Definitely sounds like hating and not adding anything useful to me.

So far im having success and i consider my dots a full part of my aoe rotation and use it as such. If you dont have lingering insanity, youre fucked. The key is to maintain it at 100% between vfs

There's a small problem: What you're claiming isn't mathematically possible when playing with classes that actually have good AoE. See: "With proper planning you sill only get 2-3 trash pulls with shitty damage but the rest with massive damage."

First off, any big AoE pull that lives shortly your damage will suck. MC->MS does ~250k + 20k/second per target (including averaged crits) for my 843 SP. Taking the WW Monk in my guild for example, strike of the wind lord alone is ~700k average per target. After that you still have FoF with ~300k DPS per target and WDP with another ~350k average per target. SP simply loses by an order of magnitude here. Depending on your party's gear and the dungeon in question, those pulls can happen quite a lot more often than 2-3 times per dungeon (talking about mythics as well here even though most players are still farming heroics mainly).

Secondly, SP is incapable of doing "massive damage" without either a) S2M and a fight with 1-3 minutes duration or b) multiple (not too many though) targets that you can keep up DoTs for long enough that SPs peak DPS makes up for the long ramp-up. All simulations, raid testing, etc. show this very clearly. These situations don't realistically occur in dungeons and subsequently SPs will at most be able to do average damage.

This has nothing to do with playstyle but is a limitation given by the skills available to a SP. If you're pulling "massive damage" in dungeons (assuming massive means significantly more than other DPS as would be the only logical interpretation), those other DPS simply suck in one way or another (be it also shitty specs, shitty gear or bad play). Once you have a good tank and two strong DPS, you simply aren't given the opportunity to make your DoTs tick for more than a few seconds for almost all trash.

In the end, SPs pros and cons are simply not balanced out well when it comes to all content outside of raids. Their advantages (above average DPS on long fights once geared, above average DPS to strong DPS on extrended cleave) are rarely relevant whereas their disadvantages (basically no AoE, basically no burst, ramp-up time, reliance on S2M) are extremely relevant.
    Last edited by GT4; 2016-09-05 at 12:06 AM.

Nobody hates you, except for when you start lying and spreading misinformation. We all know how to play shadow priest, by the way, and we all played it in all of the group content available at the moment in Legion, and we've seen the results, and it's hard to believe you after we've seen how it plays at 110. So, you are either lying, not 110 lvl, or you are playing with afk dpsers and a tank who does not do anything beside taunting mobs. Please, support your claims with logs of some sort.

Quote Originally Posted by Sevona View Post
    Being ilvl 826 now and completed almost 20 heroic dungeons:

- Hunter, windwalker, unholy-dk's, firemages and demonhunter destroy trash. They have so much aoe-burst it's ridiculous.
    - Mindsear is complete trash, shadow crash's cooldown is too long, it's not that easy to handle (long travel-time) and it is a talent and not baseline, so when we use it we have to abandon another talent
    - mobs with a lot of hp and bosses we are good. Even without stm (haven't used it in dungeons so far) our dmg is nice. The problem is: The above mentioned aoe-monsters also do quite well on single target. When we are a 9 on single-target they are a 7. But on aoe we are a 1 and the others are a 10. So make the math....here is something terrible wrong.
    Sevona is 100% correct